~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

Yes, already filled!! :sad2: I wanted to take "A Shore Thing" on Saturday and both Friday and Sat were filled...and they added one, and it's when I'm in the bone book class, so I can't take it. If they offer one on Thursday, I might take that one.

PLEASE save us a seat, wherever you want. Lisa's Mom might be coming in that class too, as well as our friend Joann...not sure yet...

Buffy, that would be so cool if you could come too!!

I went back to look over the classes and saw a lot already filled and I added 'A Shore Thing' to my Friday afternoon - must be the one they added -as I thought I originally had it on my list for in the morning but then I decided to shop instead.

You can give me the final seat count the night before! I'll just spread out my stuff so all the deats look occupied.

Now that that we seem to have registration under way, can anyone tell me what the classes and shopping are like?

Seat saving...am I going to have a problem getting a seat after I have paid for the class?

Is there enough time between classes to get from one to the next?

Supplies -- do you bring just what is listed? I wouldn't want to have to carry a lot of supplies with me while I shop.

Vendors -- are there any vendors that you particularly recommend? Do you bring something to carry your purchases?

Any advice for crops? I have signed up for the Thursday 12 -5 crop.

Thanks for your help.

Now that that we seem to have registration under way, can anyone tell me what the classes and shopping are like?

Seat saving...am I going to have a problem getting a seat after I have paid for the class? I didn't have a problem

Is there enough time between classes to get from one to the next? Yes, I think there is plenty of time, except when you have to go from the Scanticon to the Raddison...sometimes you feel a little rushed if your class runs long

Supplies -- do you bring just what is listed? I wouldn't want to have to carry a lot of supplies with me while I shop. I bring my "stuff" that I'm comfortable with, and it's more than what's listed, but fits in my "totally cool tote". The last few years they have had a tote check, and that has worked well

Vendors -- are there any vendors that you particularly recommend? Do you bring something to carry your purchases? I brought my tote with a paper carrier inside, incase I saw paper I wanted. I love Lickety Split's booth. They have the cutest paper kits!!

Any advice for crops? I have signed up for the Thursday 12 -5 crop. Well, I've seen people take their whole crap room to a crop, and people take some really small stuff to take. Last year I took along swap elements. One girl was there making her xmas cards. I haven't done the Thurs one...If you get everything sorted and bagged up ahead of time, you should be good to go for some power cropping

Thanks for your help.

It's gonna be fun!! OH, and don't forget to put your LGMH on all your stuff! :teeth:

seating has been a problem in the past in some classes. I have had to sit on the floor in the past (and I wasn't late for the class, it was just really full) it's not the norm, but it does happen. also, they are not allowing the rolling totes in classrooms or in the shopping area which is a good thing as far as I am concerned. :) pack light. :) maggie

My Classes are:

07/31/08 6:30 PM Thursday Night Album Crop

08/01/08 1:50 PM Not Your Everyday Clipboard

08/01/08 3:10 PM In The Doghouse

08/01/08 7:00 PM Fun-Filled Friday Night Crop

08/02/08 11:10 AM Cruisin’

08/02/08 1:10 PM 4 Paper-in-Motion Techniques

08/02/08 3:10 PM Lickety Split 8x8 Disney Board Book

:banana: :dance3: :banana:

Thanks for your help!

I just added the Disney Wall hanging class for Thursday night. I don't know how it missed it before.

VF is about 45 minutes or so from Allentown. Depends on traffic. :)

I made my selections. I am having a house full of people for the entire weekend (thanks DH!) and so I picked stuff on Thursday and Friday. Not too much... but I get to do some shopping!

Thursday @ 6:00 Family Memories
Thursday @ 7:30 Disney Wall Hanging
Friday @ 8:30 Disney Through the Years

That's it. I'll probably bring some of our houseguests to the vendor faire on Saturday, but I don't know about meeting for a meal... Unless is it breakfast on Friday!

Now that that we seem to have registration under way, can anyone tell me what the classes and shopping are like? At CKC Fort Lauderdale- most classes were fairly fast paced, take notes and pictures if you can't keep up or don't have room to do the actual work- bring a camera to take pictures of things underway and the finished sample.

Seat saving...am I going to have a problem getting a seat after I have paid for the class?Most of the time they don't allow more registraions than they have seats- but I have been in a few that were overcrowded and you don't have much room at your seat.

Is there enough time between classes to get from one to the next?

Supplies -- do you bring just what is listed? I wouldn't want to have to carry a lot of supplies with me while I shop.Overall I just bring the required supplies and my camera. I do bring an iris case to keep finished projects, works in prgress, and papers I buy inside.

Vendors -- are there any vendors that you particularly recommend? Do you bring something to carry your purchases? I brough a backpack last year- not sure that I will do it again though. I love SEI and there products. I don't know what other vendors will be up there but I am going in June so if there is anything really cool I will let everyone know in case they are also there.

Any advice for crops? I have signed up for the Thursday 12 -5 crop.I have only been to the album crop on Thursday night- I really enjoyed it but I haven't used the album yet.

Thanks for your help.

Rebecca

I'm kinda interested in also taking the mosaic class on Friday evening but $45 seems like a lot of $$ so I am not sure. Anyone take a class like that?

My understanding is that the class includes a cutting system for you to take home with you. You are really paying for the system. I would look at the system and decide if you would like/use it before taking the class.

Rebecca

Thanks for your help Rebecca. I'd really like to hear about your convention in June.

Ok, so I am not going to do the mosaic class. Now I am thinking of adding A Taste of Scraptique.

I am registered for that one in June- there are pictures of the layouts (one will be changing papers) on there website.

Rebecca

Here is the link to the layouts- 2 of them on this page are for Taste of Scraptique. According to the instructor on the message board for CKC the third layout is not designed yet but it will be with Prima papers and flowers.

http://www.scrapbooksnstickers.com/Store/Gallery/Show.html

The Simply the best layout will stay the same but the papers are changing to the new Fancy Pants Sweet Spring line. Here is the message from the insturctor from the CKC messageboard.

http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/mb/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=94471

Hope this helps,

Rebecca

I have a question for the PA residents. How is the road quality on RT 100?

Mapquest says it's about 1 hour from the convention center to Macungie Memorial Park, would it be safe enough for DH to drive the Mini (classic car) with the boys? Or is the road in bad shape, dangerous, lots of 18 wheelers etc.......
I was trying to figure out if we could stay at the same hotel, and DH could drop me off at the convention center then head to the Park for the car show.

It's fine but it's slow. Traffic lights, no passing, etc.

I would think it was over an hour ~ though I'm not sure of the exact location of the park. I'd guess that the Rt. 100 part - Rt 422 to park - would take 45 minutes and then it would be another 20-45 minutes on Rt 422 (depends on day of week, time of day, direction of travel).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter