~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

I added it for Friday evening.

This is so tempting. I like this better than the one I did sign up for -- Family memories. But, the Scraptique one ends at 730 and the Disney thing begins at 730, so I can't do them on the same night.

Now that that we seem to have registration under way, can anyone tell me what the classes and shopping are like?
I loved the classes I chose last year. I didn't have tons of money to spend last year and it was packed when I went shopping - I waited in line forever!

Seat saving...am I going to have a problem getting a seat after I have paid for the class?
There were the correct # of seats available in each of the classes I was in. We just want to sit together! ;)

Is there enough time between classes to get from one to the next?
You will have a minimum of 20 minutes between each class. If you are going from one end of the palce to the other you will need to pack up quickly and get going but you should have enough time. The hallways can get very crowded and take stairs when possible rather than trying to wait for an elevator.

Supplies -- do you bring just what is listed? I wouldn't want to have to carry a lot of supplies with me while I shop.
I only brought the basic supplies and any other specified under the class description for the classes. I left another bag in my trunk that I got later for the crops. This year I'm shopping early Friday so I'll leave everything in my car and then take out my purchases and get my supplies for classes when I'm done.

Vendors -- are there any vendors that you particularly recommend? Do you bring something to carry your purchases?
Take a comfy shoulder tote for your purchases ~ you'll be standing in line a LOT. My favorite vendor is Embellish It! - they have Basic Grey and Bazzill. There are also vendors having special deals at the crops.

Any advice for crops? I have signed up for the Thursday 12 -5 crop. I'll be at that one too! Bring a project or make up page kits so you don't have to bring everything you own.

This is so tempting. I like this better than the one I did sign up for -- Family memories. But, the Scraptique one ends at 730 and the Disney thing begins at 730, so I can't do them on the same night.

Are they in the same section? You could sit near the back and leave a few minutes early. I did that last year at one of mine.

From what I have read on the message board this one comes with colored instructions and is more about how to put the page together and lay things out well than techniques so you could always leave after the 1st 2 pages are done and then get to your Disney class on time. If Debbie(I think is) or someone else is taking the class and doesn't have something first maybe they could save a seat if you want to do them both- that way you don't have to leave but a few minutes early (unless they are across the building from each other). I have a few overlaping classes- but I made sure I can be in the technique ones the whole time and if I miss some of one of the ones I am in more for the project then I am not worried about it.

I have a full day of classes both Friday and Saturday and only have a couple of hours for shopping.

Rebecca

I am going to CKC Fort Lauderdale and we don't have as many choices as all of you do there but I am still in class from 9:50-3:20 on Friday and have an evening class at 7:30 and then in class on Saturday from 8:30-4:10 with 2 half hour instead of 20 minute breaks. Our convention isn't nearly as large as yours though. It only took at most for me to walk from a class to the car (dropping off supplies) and then into the vendor fair 10 minutes, usually less. I loved getting in ealry on Friday- I got my shopping at the Dollar place, brad outlet, and Embellish it done in that first time slot before my class. I am thinking about adding the Thursday crop (I would be an hour late) and a CK class on friday night (after vendors close before my other class).

Rebecca

I can't believe I just found this thread now! I've been thinking about going this year, but I'm worried now that you said some classes are already full! I might just go to some of the vendor fairs, I don't know yet. If there is a DIS meet though, I'd love to go to that!

It's fine but it's slow. Traffic lights, no passing, etc.

I would think it was over an hour ~ though I'm not sure of the exact location of the park. I'd guess that the Rt. 100 part - Rt 422 to park - would take 45 minutes and then it would be another 20-45 minutes on Rt 422 (depends on day of week, time of day, direction of travel).

that's a good thing, better than open highway. The big rigs suck the car into their draft. Scary stuff!

Directions from Convention to the Park:
1: Start out going WEST on 1ST AVE toward N GULPH RD/ PA-363.
0.1 mi

2: Turn RIGHT onto N GULPH RD/ PA-363.
0.4 mi

3: Turn RIGHT onto W VALLEY FORGE RD/ PA-23 E.
0.1 mi

4: Merge onto US-422 W.
19.5 mi

5: Take the PA-100 N exit toward ALLENTOWN.
0.2 mi

6: Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto POTTSTOWN PIKE/ PA-100. Continue to follow PA-100 N.
20.4 mi

7: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto KINGS HWY N/ PA-100. Continue to follow PA-100.
1.9 mi

8: Turn RIGHT onto N POPLAR ST.
0.1 mi

9: End at 80 N Poplar St Macungie, PA 18062

Estimated Time: 54 minutes Estimated Distance: 42.74 miles

I signed up. This will be my 3rd time in VF. I do take quite a few classes ... this year I think it is 15....I am trying not to spend to much money at the vendor fair.

I signed up. This will be my 3rd time in VF. I do take quite a few classes ... this year I think it is 15....I am trying not to spend to much money at the vendor fair.

I have 10 classes. I left most of Friday open to shop. Maybe I'll regret that. Classes avg about $21 for 1 hr 20minutes. I'm absolutely cetain I could spend way more than that in 1 hr 20 minutes. Maybe I left myself too much open time!

Here are the classes I am taking

Thursday Flip Out Album Class Fee & Vacation Memories

Friday Classes
8:30 AM Disney Through The Years
9:50 AM Love, Love, Love Mini Abum
12:30 PM Beyond the Page
1:50 PM Not Your Everyday Clipboard
3:10 PM Scrap in the Box
4:30 PM Heading Home
6:00 PM A Taste of Scraptique
6:00 PM Family Memories

Saturday Classes
8:30 AM Clearly Cool
9:50 AM 4 Ribbon Techniques
11:10 AM Sweet Summer Mini Album
12:30 PM All Stacked Up
1:50 PM Dreams Come True
3:10 PM Playful Pages
4:30 PM Looking Thru Clearly

I can't wait! Here's what I'm doing on Saturday 8/2:
8:30 AM Disney Through The Years
11:10 AM Crazy for Chipboard
1:50 PM Pocket Full of Cards
3:10 PM Jumbo Card Class
And of course - the vendor faire! See y'all there!
:woohoo:

Are there any online maps/floor-plans for the event? This is my first time, and I'm just trying to get an idea of the layout/locations. Thanks!

eeyore29 there really is nothing that you get to see ahead of time, but when you check in you will find in the program book that they give you there is a map of the place. One thing to remember that all the dead presidents are located in the Raddison hotel, but real easy to get there, but it is a long walk.

There are new a few of us in the Scraptique on Friday night and the Playful on Saturday afternoon. We will have to wear the DIS green mickey heads so we can recognize each other!

I was pulling out my bags yesterday and I found my program from last year. I'll try scanning it later and I'll post it so you can see the layout.

COOL! I can't wait to see it!

I hope you can wait one more day, lol. My home scanner only works when it feels like it and it's not feeling like it right now. I will be taking it to work tomorrow to scan.

VFCC.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter