~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
Who's Going?

I just got my ressies...Thurs night 7/31, Friday night 8/1, leaving after last class/shopping Saturday 8/2(that's the plan for now anyway)

Online Class Ressies start 4/23 @ 1pm EST

:cool1:

sadly not me, I think I'm going to go CKC Hartford this year.

I loved Valley Forge but I'm pushing it asking DH for 2 whole weekends away. I don't think he would go for a third.

Have fun!!!

I'll be there again! The past two years we've gone early Friday and stayed one night, this year we're staying Thursday, Friday and Saturday night. I'm looking forward to not feling so rushed. Has anyone ever done the Thursday night album crop? Considering this since we're arriving Thursday. I can hardly wait for the classes to come out!

I'm doing CKC Fort Lauderdale again this year, I think we register in March :D I am planning on taking a lot of classes this year since I'm not doing CKU

What are the dates? The past two years just didn't work out for me, but if I have enough notice maybe I can get DH to take the time off.

I live in NJ, directly under the Walt Whitman bridge. Would I need to get a hotel room?

Please tell me all about it!!

Duh, I should have put the dates in the original post...they are there now. It's 7/31, 8/1, 8/2.

I did the album crop on Thurs last year...fast paced but so fun. The vendors had pages that they did, so everything looked different. I used mine to scrap the weekend. It was so much fun!! I worked on a swap for the Friday and Saturday crops last year. This year I think I'm taking my Xmas cards to make...

Ewww! You'll be thinking about Christmas cards in August?? You truly are good... I will not be thinking about them. ;)

I live about 10 minutes away, and my MIL and I have gotten a room in the past. It is nice not to have to drive late at night after you have used your brain to crop and take classes all day. The earlier you make your reservations, the cheaper it is. :)

I'll be there! I only live 15 minutes away. There is one in Hartford this year? I'm checking that one out. My goddaughter would love to go with me.

I'l be there with deli meats! :lmao:

:lmao: YAY...another DIS Board Meat Meet!!!! Marlynn you ROCK!! :teeth:

For you all that weren't able to come meet with us last year...Marlynn brought us a MOST excellent spread! (then later I got photographic evidence of a very funny event...blackmail pics:rotfl: )

Looks like we have a fun group!!

Hi ladies!! I haven't been a member of the boards for long but I wanted to say hi and say that I will be at VF as well. I have been lurking on the creative sections of the DIS since I signed up but I am so caught up with my upcoming trip, I tend to stay in the park threads most of the time. Thanks!!

Welcome to our Cozy little corner Nicole!!!

Enjoy your trip, we'll be here to enable, support and otherwise empty your wallet when you get back. :rotfl2:

Take care and we can't wait to get to know you better.

Thanks so much!!! Although I don't have much money left in my wallet for you to help empty. The girls on the Cricut MB already took all I have, LOL!!!

I was going to skip it this year until I just saw on Stacy Julian's blog that she will be there this year. If she's teaching then I am definitely taking her classes.

I hope to attend again this year. My sister lives about 20 minutes away so it's a good excuse to visit the neice and nephew plus do some crafting. Last year a dump truck of gravel dumped on Rt 422 on the way there one morning. That sure upped my stess level and cut into my morning shopping/browsing.

I hope to attend again this year. My sister lives about 20 minutes away so it's a good excuse to visit the neice and nephew plus do some crafting. Last year a dump truck of gravel dumped on Rt 422 on the way there one morning. That sure upped my stess level and cut into my morning shopping/browsing.

:mad: I missed my first class due to that dumb dump truck! :mad:

This will be my 4th year. The first year, we went for the day. I don't think we did one class. The second year we stayed one night and did 2 or 3 classes; the 3rd year we stayed for 2 nights and did 5 classes. This year we are going for the full event! We did do the Thursday night album crop and the Friday night crop. The album crop was quick and we had a good time. I'm not crazy about 8x8 albums so I've yet to find a use for the album but I'm certain if I sat and put my mind to it, I'd figure something out. I enjoy all the classes but prefer page layouts. The friend I go with prefers cards and stamping so this year we agreed to split up and take the classes that we prefer rather than trying to stay together. I live about an hour away and wouldn't even consider NOT staying.

eta: I did meet some die-hard scappers last year and was amazed at the all-night scraps in rooms, crockpots of meatballs, and coolers of drinks :woohoo: . I'm thinking this trip we need to loosen up!!

So was there a DIS meet last year. Like I said, I only live 15 minutes away (off Oaks exit) and my office is actually the next block up from the convention center. I'm probably going to go to this one and the one in Hartford (goddaughter and BFF both live in CT). I'd love to meet up with some people so that I'm not completely alone like I have been the last two years.

DH has agreed to take some vacation days so I can go!!! When are the classes listed? What do you take with you to crops? I would imagine that space will be pretty tight! I haven't decided yet whether to get a hotel room...I think maybe I'll stay at my sister's house and use the money I save on classes and products!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter