~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

DH has agreed to take some vacation days so I can go!!! When are the classes listed? What do you take with you to crops? I would imagine that space will be pretty tight! I haven't decided yet whether to get a hotel room...I think maybe I'll stay at my sister's house and use the money I save on classes and products!

I can't remember exactly when the class lists were posted but I do remember it being weeks before the registration start date. Their website says on-line registration begins on April 21st at 1:00 p.m. I do know that some classes fill quickly and if you have your heart set on something you'll need to register early. Just watch this forum - I'm sure someone will post once the classes are up.

I usually take my rolling case and a project tote to the crops. We've been pretty lucky with space. Last year there was only 4 at our table that should have sat 8. The prior night there was only 3 at a table for 8.

For the crops, do they assign seats? I won't be going with anyone, but I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow DISers.

For the crops, do they assign seats? I won't be going with anyone, but I wouldn't mind meeting some fellow DISers.

No, there are no assigned seats at the crops. We arrived about 20 minutes early and waited in line. Once they opened the door it moved very quickly. The area is so big that we were able to pick where we wanted to sit. As the room started to fill, others approached our table and asked to join us. I'm sure you could try to organize a DISer table(s). I would gladly join (as long as there is plenty of elbow space!) LOL!!

I can't believe they changed the date! That is the weekend we always go away! BUmmer! The one year it was great! I met up with a lot of DIS'ers!
Plus I love that one place with all the embellishments, you filled the cup up! Sad....very sad....I will be away.....

I'm a little bummed about the date change, too. This was always the weekend before my birthday and now it's on my birthday. I'll still go but I rather spend my birthday with my DH and kids. I almost feel selfish going away over my birthday. My little girl is going to be heart sick when she realizes. Fortunately it's not a milestone birthday but it's going to be strange.

I would love to join a DISers table. I've only ever gone to classes and the exhibits. I'm still getting used to going to crops, but I always seem to forget something.

:yay: YAY!!!

Last year I made up a contact list, so we could all get in touch. I'll be coming up with almost a table full already, there are 5 of us right now, with the possibility of a few more before the date...

We definatly need to have another DIS Meat Meet! So we will have to plan what day most of us will be there, and get together for lunch. I know I'll be doing the Thurs nite album crop, and the Friday one, and I think we are planning on leaving after the last classes on Saturday.

AND don't forget your LGMH...I had them on everything, including me :lmao: One of the teachers even knew what it was, and said her sister was on the boards too... "It's a small world :rolleyes1 "

Please add me to your table! :cool1: I couldn't go last year but went the previous years and really love it. I live closer to Valley Forge now so I am planning on taking alot of classes.

Just bumping this up.

Checked today and classes aren't posted yet but they should be soon. Next Sunday will be a month until registration begins.

I live close by and plan on attending as well. I will be checking the schedule right after this!

Wow...that is a lot to look through and 93 pages to print! Anyone have any recommendations? I was thinking about the 2 disney classes and the photography class. Maybe 2 or 3 more.

Uggg! There were quite a few I wanter to take. I am going to have to get more serious about eliminating ore it'll be $$$$$$$!!

Can anyone who has been before comment on how difficult it'll be to register on the 23rd? Meaning will you get into nothing if you are not quick enough on the mouse?

My poor printer is chugging away... I want to look at it all at work this weekend :yay:

I'll be doing the Thurs night crop (fun and got us in the mood), Friday night crop (who can forget Marlynn playing with the marshmallows?), the Lickety Split Disney book for sure... and Boxer has a cute bone dog book... hmmmmm.... so many choices...

Last year I did too many classes, and not enough breaks. It was so easy to do because I didn't want to miss something good... not making that mistake again... (no time for shopping)...

I'm going with a larger group this year. We are going to plan better and do dinner in the room this time instead of going to the slow restaurant (more money for shopping)...or maybe order out (hmmm, less money for shopping...maybe not). I think for a "Convention Center" Valley Forge is really lacking in dining areas...and last year we kept getting the same waitress with the same "lovely" attitude :confused3 Breakfast buffet was OK though...and Marlynn's DIS Meat Meet is a must! :thumbsup2

:dance3:

If you don't want to leave the convention center, then the choices aren't any good for food, but the mall is great.

I think I'll sign up for Thursday and/or Friday crop and the Disney board book. Probably the Disney classic and a photography class too. I can't sign up for everything I want though because I am taking by niece to the Hartford CKC in October too.

If you don't want to leave the convention center, then the choices aren't any good for food, but the mall is great.

I think I'll sign up for Thursday and/or Friday crop and the Disney board book. Probably the Disney classic and a photography class too. I can't sign up for everything I want though because I am taking by niece to the Hartford CKC in October too.

It was just me and my friend last year, and we didn't plan enough time to leave and get a dinner... but true, if you have the time, the mall is great.

This year, we have some sisters coming, and another friend coming, so a bigger group means more schedule probs, and worse service (going from last year at the restaurant)...

However, we have been planning some ideas for some crock pot stuff that we can have ready whenever we are all ready to eat...so we can eat in shifts if needed, and not be stressing about service, or lack of tables, or anyone eating alone, that kind of stuff...

Crock pots are a great idea! I only live 15 minutes away and my office is just down the street, so it is no big deal for me.

I don't like the way they listed the classes ~ I swear that last year after each class description they listed all the dates and times it was scheduled. The spreadsheet would be great if it was bigger when printed.

I think I will come down all 3 days this time. (I currently have about $300 in classes and crops on my list :scared1: )

My short list would be the crops, Latest & Greatest Basic Grey, the Disney Bord Book (It's an 8x8 this year!), and at least one of the clear acrylic albums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter