~CKC Valley Forge 2008~

Oh and the Dis Meat Meet can be either Friday or Saturday.

Saturday may work better for that actually. I think I won't be scheduling any classes for Friday morning and I'll go shopping at the vendor faire. I'd be willing to run for pizza (I think that could be delivered too for those staying) or Chick-fil-a for Friday's lunch.

My favorite pizza (Bridgeport Pizza) delivers to my office, so it probably delivers to the convention cetner too. I highly recommend it!

Last year I did too many classes, and not enough breaks. It was so easy to do because I didn't want to miss something good... not making that mistake again... (no time for shopping)...

:dance3:

How much time to leave for shopping?

I was thinking of splitting up my weekend. I'll be driving each day.

So Friday shop until 12:30 class, then back to back classes until end of 3:00 disney class

Saturday classes back to back until @ 2:00

I don't think I wil be doing the crops.:sad1:

My other option would be shop Friday, classes all day Saturday or classes all day Friday, shop Saturday.

Is one day better for classes or shopping?

I have not been to this, but I live in Baltimore, Md. and my sister lives between Wilmington and Philadelphia- so this seems pretty close- so my sister and I were interested. Has anyone been before, and can give some details. I have been to the Great American Scrapbook convention in Chantilly, Va., it is great!!! Are there other vendors besides creating keepsakes, and how are the classes? Thanks for any help!! :goodvibes

How much time to leave for shopping?

I was thinking of splitting up my weekend. I'll be driving each day.

So Friday shop until 12:30 class, then back to back classes until end of 3:00 disney class

Saturday classes back to back until @ 2:00

I don't think I wil be doing the crops.:sad1:

My other option would be shop Friday, classes all day Saturday or classes all day Friday, shop Saturday.

Is one day better for classes or shopping?

I know Fort Lauderdale was more crowded in both classes and shopping on Saturday. I always like to leave the first part of Friday open for the early bird shopping session. There are some really good deals then.

Rebecca

I have been to this one 3 times now. The first year we took way to many classes and not enough shopping time, the next year we took fewer classes, but there was a power outage - therefore not enough shopping time. Last year we took no classes, just did crops and plenty of shopping time. :) This year I think I will take a few classes and leave the rest of the time for shopping. The shopping is what makes you tired, though. Lots of people, heavy bags, waiting in line... If you can get in at 9 on Friday you are usually pretty good. You just have to go, knowing there will be waiting. (Just like summer in the Magic Kingdom! :rotfl: )

If I were choosing betwen Friday and Saturday for shopping, I'd definitely go on Friday (and I am!, lol). You can get an early entry pass that lets you in at 9, instead of the 'official' 10 am opening. And of course, they wouldn't have run out of things yet.

I actually don't plan to do much buying there, only a couple of stops. So I do prefer to have more classes and crops.

After looking at the classes, I have 5 and the Thurs and Fri crops. I'm going to check again today, and maybe add a few more. I'm trying to keep Friday morning free to shop, so I could go on the lunch run with you Marlynn. The pizza thing sounds good...but I'm OK with anything easy...

I printed out the spread sheet, then took it to work and blew it up on the copier...now I can read it. What are they thinking giving that little thing? I do like that the rooms are listed, so that way you can try to schedule in the Raddison and the Scanticon in groups, not running back and forth. And I agree, last year the classes were listed 1 time with all the dates it was given. This is not as user friendly.

A few more questions...

1) Has anyone taken the photography courses? Are they worth the time & money?

2) Have you taken any class that was not good?

3) Sorry to be a pain...when you say too many classes, how many was that? 5 , 7, 10???? If I post my plan, would you mind taking a look? Thanks!

1) never took a photog class ~ I don't know that they were offered last year?

2) I did have a bad class last year. But there was a good reason ~ the instructor's daughter had been involved in a car accident (her friends mom was killed) and was hospitalized. So, the instructor wasn't there and the entire thing was disorganized.

3) I'd love to see your plans ~ maybe we'll be picking some of the same classes!

Right now I am thinking

Friday:
Early pass (but how do I get one???)
3:00 Lickety Split Disney Board Book (Scanticon)

Saturday
8:30 Disney through the Years (Radisson)
9:50 Scheming Around (Scanticon)
11:10 SEI 4 Flower Techniques (VF Convention) or the Basic Grey class

So I have most of Friday and Saturday afternoon to shop.

I am considering doing the Thursday 12-5 crop and 6:00 Family memories class.

Radisson, Scanticon, VF convention -- I guess these are locations? Will it be too hard to get to these classes?

purchasing 3 or more classes/crops will get you the early entry pass ~ so you've got that !

The two hotels (Scanticon & Radisson) are attached to the convention center. To get from one end to the other can take about 15 minutes.

Right now I am thinking

Friday:
Early pass (but how do I get one???)
3:00 Lickety Split Disney Board Book (Scanticon)

Saturday
8:30 Disney through the Years (Radisson)
9:50 Scheming Around (Scanticon)
11:10 SEI 4 Flower Techniques (VF Convention) or the Basic Grey class

So I have most of Friday and Saturday afternoon to shop.

I am considering doing the Thursday 12-5 crop and 6:00 Family memories class.

Radisson, Scanticon, VF convention -- I guess these are locations? Will it be too hard to get to these classes?

Susan, are you staying at the hotel? When are you planning to arrive?

Susan, are you staying at the hotel? When are you planning to arrive?

No I am not staying. I live in Gloucester City, which is in NJ right under the WW Bridge. Not too bad of a drive, but that drive can always be a nightmare not matter where you live!

I live 15 minutes away and it regularly takes me 30+ minutes to get to work.

As we get closer, I'll be making up a contact list...

I think I'm taking the altered clip board class, that looks cute... and Boxer's dog book class, the Lickety Split Disney class, SEI paper in motion, A Shore Thing, and Sweet Summer Album...plus Thurs and Fri crops

I was able to get another good copy of the class spreadsheet by playing with my printer layout and increasing the zoom. Sure makes it easier to view. Still waiting to see if Lisa Bearnson will be coming to ours, and adding thurs classes. That is how they did it 2 years ago. She times her visits with her QVC appearances. As for the other personalities, not much happened there. Once they introduced 1 before we all went in for the crop...no big deal. And one of my least fav classes was with a big name...

dance001.gif

From the site...registration "beginning April 23 at 1 p.m. ET." :woohoo:

still debating whether or not I'm going to make it up or not. There is an irish dance comp that weekend as well... guess it will depend on whether or not dd still needs that last first. :) maggie

How involved is the sign up process? I have to pleave to pick up DS from school at 1:20pm

I still have to work out what I am signing up for.

I think you can register now (at the regular creatingkeepsakes site) and create your user name, etc.
That will save you a lot of time tomorrow. I don't think it took me more than 15 minutes or so last year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter