CKC-Hartford CLASSES ARE UP master list post 1

Feeling more composed tonight - had a major meltdown last evening - now i am ready to ask - what are you bringing for tools - what's with your name tags LindaBabe? ...and the paper cut-outs? Sorry- i have been out of this preparation loop, but thinking positively, I want to be prepared, and meet all of you wonderful, supportive ladies. Night. Caroline

Caroline, there is a list of basic supplies that is recommended to bring, let me post it for you.

Bring basic supplies to class
Come to class prepared with your essential, basic supplies to help you complete in-class projects:

· Favorite pair of straight-edge, micro-tip scissors
· Personal 12" x 12" paper trimmer
· Favorite adhesives, both wet and dry
· Black archival journaling pen
· Paper piercer and mat
· Stapler
· Regular hole punch
· Black and brown distressing ink
· Corner rounder
· Rub-on tool

Each class has suggestions for additional tools if required beyond the basics. You and I are in the first class together, you can use anything I have. If anyone forgets anything, I am sure a 411 can be issued and answered.

For one of the classes, several (more than 15) pictures cute to specific sizes are requested. I decided to cut white paper in the sizes given rather than decide what pictures to use, order or print the photos, then crop them.

LindaBabe came up with the great idea of making labels to put on any drawings cards rather than fill each one out by hand. Just slap a label on each card and move along.

Sorry you had a meltdown. You've been through a lot this past week :hug:

Not my idea - I forget where it came from i - we've been using the address labels for years at home shows, etc. Of course THEN you get an avalanche of junk mail for decades after. And the labeling of the tools came from the email I got from CK with suggestions. Did y'all get another one of those today, along with the coupons?

You can have all the meltdowns you need,:hug: . Any classes we share, you can use my stuff, too.

Speaking of stuff. I sure hope they have bell services at this hotel! Did you know they make oreos candy? The snackage aisle is right next to the photo place in my local Walgreens.:rolleyes1

So this morning, as I sit surrounded by tools, supplies, lists, piles of clothes and open suitcases. my husband says to me "are you excited about going to your scrapbook thing?" Ya THINK?

Packed my drybox this morning - I don't plan on being dependent on hotel food or convention snack stands. Coffee maker, filters, remember coffee, plates, cups, napkins, tablecloth, forks and knives, peanut butter, bridge mix, nuts, tuna packets, s & p, remember sharp knife and bagels . Must freeze my milk bottles for ice in the cooler. Wish we drank more milk around here, I could use the empty half gallons. Can't pack the cooler until Wednesday just before leaving. Must make a list . . . Am I rambling?

Linda, if I could leave for it now, I would. :thumbsup2

I have gone thru all the classes to see if there are any more I wish to do. I have gotten some of my supplies together. Waiting until after tomorrow's crop to get the rest together. Thinking about what to pack.

Worried that I will forget something, but at least I know the area, or I can run home should I need to.

Off to see the schedule another time to see who is taking what class. :woohoo:

Caroline and Linda, you are taking the Disney Board class Friday? Hmmm, when you get there, can you see if there is space available and call me Friday am? I can zip over.

Lindababe, Buffy and I will be there Thursday night for a class. Look for us. :goodvibes I am short, she is shorter. ;) I am cute, she is cuter. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am so excited about this. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

My goodness- I have never seen anyone so prepared! :thumbsup2
Once I get past the graveside service tomorrow, I hope to begin planning on Mon or Tues - today is a better day, calmer etc... and I am actually looking forward to meeting you all.
Lisa, we'll be glad to see if there is space available and let you know.

Tough call- you are both cute and shorter than me!!

You guys will like the Disney class. I took it at CKC Manchester. I too am excited ;-) I have an all weekend crop this weekend - ScrapPink at my LSS.

Quick question are we going to try to crop on Fri night or just gab and look at books? just wondering. :D

I believe we were just planning a gab, eat, and drink fest!

Party in my room! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: Ooops, I mean Buffy's. :lmao:

Caroline and Linda, you are taking the Disney Board class Friday? Hmmm, when you get there, can you see if there is space available and call me Friday am? I can zip over.

Lindababe, Buffy and I will be there Thursday night for a class. Look for us. :goodvibes I am short, she is shorter. ;) I am cute, she is cuter. :goodvibes :goodvibes

I am so excited about this. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Well, I am shorter but we are equally cute. ;)

You guys will like the Disney class. I took it at CKC Manchester. I too am excited ;-) I have an all weekend crop this weekend - ScrapPink at my LSS.

Quick question are we going to try to crop on Fri night or just gab and look at books? just wondering. :D

I'm not going to crop, just bring my albums to browse and my camera to take pics of the DIS Divas Meet.

I'm not going to crop, just bring my albums to browse and my camera to take pics of the DIS Divas Meet.

D*MN! And my Tiara is in my owner's locker in Florida!

The Disney Board book class *was* listed as full, but I'll check the bulletin board for cancellations, too.

:hug: Lovingtm, we'll be with you in spirit. Hang tough, girl.

Buffy & Lisa, what are you doing for supper on Thursday? Going home or you wanna meet in the coffee shop? I have a 2.5 hour break -

Wish I had a crop to go to this weekend. DH is making me crazy! He doesn't have any current projects and it's grey and raining out so he can't go out in the yard. I told him if he kept it up he was GETTING A JOB!

If your microwave starts making a LOUD buzzing sound, don't bother to call the repairman. It's fried and you need a new one. That was today's crisis.:headache:

Not sure yet, since my MIL is in the hospital DH might be staying home so I could leave a little earlier if need be. It will depend on if they move her to rehab or send her home.

I did the board book in Valley Forge. I plan on putting some of my DLR pictures in it soon. I'll carry it with me in case I run into anyone.

The hanging Disney thing was for sale too. I don't know if it is a class in Hartford.

Next years CKC Hartford is September 10-12. It's listed in the exhibitors section on the CK events page.

My Mom will love to hear that! Her birthday is that weekend.

It's also the weekend of my workshop. :( I'll be able to do evening classes on Thursday or even day or evening classes on Friday, but won't be able to do any Saturday events.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter