CKC-Hartford CLASSES ARE UP master list post 1

Linda, we do have food in CT, ya know. ;) :lmao:

ARGH!!! I just went online to print my classes and supply list and discovered that they have the wrong first name attached to my profile! Obviously I registered under my correct name, and all my initial emails from them came with my correct name, but sometime in the past month or so they've decided that I should not be Suzanne, but instead be DEBI. In all capital letters just like that. How ridiculous is this? I've emailed them but I don't expect a response - they're very lousy with that - but I just hope I don't have a problem getting my ticket packet - I know they check ID. I'll print out all my initial emails with the correct name and the correct confirmation number, etc, but what a headache! And that means all my tickets will have the wrong name on them. If I win a prize, I'll just have to remember to answer to DEBI!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UOTE=New England Eeyore;27915824]ARGH!!! I just went online to print my classes and supply list and discovered that they have the wrong first name attached to my profile! Obviously I registered under my correct name, and all my initial emails from them came with my correct name, but sometime in the past month or so they've decided that I should not be Suzanne, but instead be DEBI. In all capital letters just like that. How ridiculous is this? I've emailed them but I don't expect a response - they're very lousy with that - but I just hope I don't have a problem getting my ticket packet - I know they check ID. I'll print out all my initial emails with the correct name and the correct confirmation number, etc, but what a headache! And that means all my tickets will have the wrong name on them. If I win a prize, I'll just have to remember to answer to DEBI!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I got an email from CKC that clearly had my first name in my email addressed but in the greeting it said " Hello CONSTANCE"

I think they had a computer problem! I am glad I am not the only one who is having an identity crisis that I knew nothing about!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing:

I'm off to check mine now ... I never got a chance earlier - stoopid werk!

Same here! I've been having problems for about a month too. I purchased the classes for myself and my niece. I'll have to sort through my email to make sure I print something.

So I just checked everything. My name was changed on my registration, but at least I printed the correct one out when I registered.

My niece ws given an new first name with my last name. I printed out the confirmation email with the correct name and the registration with the incorrect name. I guess I'll be trying to get there early on Friday morning.

My name is now michelle! i did get an answer when I qvetched at them about it. They know who we are!

i know there is food here - and very good! I had some of it! But I read all the reports about bad food at conventions or no time to eat, so I packed it. Be prepared, you know?

CUtomorrow!

Have not begun packing anything yet - a few setbacks today, but i still plan to get there. Linda, glad that you got there safely. See you Friday for our Disney class.

I'm glad to hear it wasnt just me! I did get a reply to my email - I was surprised! They said they were trying to figure out what happened with the first names, but in lieu of a name, we would be asked to verify our email address when we picked up our packet.

You know, there are a lot of things I love about these conventions but this is the 3rd year I've been going and I have seen so many disasters about registration, computer issues, etc. over those years. How hard is it to just hire a decent IT person? For such a huge company, they make so many lousy mistakes when it comes to computers.

My families Friday has gone berzerk, both girls have soccer practice, one then has a 5-6th grade social. My son is marching in the band during half time at the HS football game. His first half time since last week was rained out.
And my parents decided to drive up on Friday instead of Sat., as we had previously planned. Although that means tomorrow I need to clean and get ready for the convention, at least they can help my DH shuttle the 3 kids where they need to be! I'm glad I signed up for the convention in the summer, if I saw our schedules now I never would have. But, I'm really looking forward to it.

I started gathering my stuff today but I do have some questions for everyone. One thing I don't own is a paper piercer and mat? Is that something to make small holes like for brads? (I've never used brads in my scrapbooks.) Also, what do we need the stapler for, do you think I can leave that home. I could borrow my daughter's mini stapler. Would that work?

I bought my chips today! So I'm ready for dinner at least. Is the plan that we are going to call each other? If so, what time are we thinking?

I'll be driving up Fri. 10am, only one more day!

-Kim

Hi Kim! What part of SE CT are you from? I grew up in Colchester.

If you have any push pins or thumb tacks at home, you can use that as a paper piercer and save yourself a few bucks.

I started gathering my stuff today but I do have some questions for everyone. One thing I don't own is a paper piercer and mat? Is that something to make small holes like for brads? (I've never used brads in my scrapbooks.) Also, what do we need the stapler for, do you think I can leave that home. I could borrow my daughter's mini stapler. Would that work?

I bought my chips today! So I'm ready for dinner at least. Is the plan that we are going to call each other? If so, what time are we thinking?

I'll be driving up Fri. 10am, only one more day!

-Kim

mini stapler should be fine = we'll probably use it once:)

drive safe

LTM - there'll be days like that. Tomorrow *will* be better.

Looking forward to seeing you both!

I forgot my darn mouse and this computer mis making me NUTS!

Hi, VK. I will be leaving work around 11:00 am. You'll be going right by my exit on Route 2 (8). We have the same class around in the afternoon. I'll call you when I get there.

Buffy will be picking up the grinder on her way in so we don't need to worry about going back out Friday afternoon. But thanks for offering to ride shotgun.

Caroline :hug:

Lindababe, it was great talking with you last night. Enjoy todays class.

YAY! Today is my Friday. I packed up most of my scrapping stuff last night ... and also realized that the album I got for my Disneymoon is already too full to put together and it's not even done! I have to get some longer posts/screws somewhere.

NEE: I'll call you tonight when I get home from work, k?

calanniebu: Sounds good.

I echo the others on using a pushpin for a paper piercer and bringing the mini stapler although you may not use it. Also, if there are tools you don't have you can usually borrow one from a tablemate.

OK, I've packed my daughter's mini stapler and a push pin. I just have to make my photo place holders and I'm all set.

I've even got the house cleaned for my mother's visit!:woohoo:

YAY! Today is my Friday. I packed up most of my scrapping stuff last night ... and also realized that the album I got for my Disneymoon is already too full to put together and it's not even done! I have to get some longer posts/screws somewhere.

NEE: I'll call you tonight when I get home from work, k?

You might be able to find posts tomorrow. I'm sure at least 1 vendor will have them.

Just got back from our first class. Had a blast, was starting to get a little punchy, but BAMB kept me in line. :thumbsup2

Signed up for two more classes. Caroline, see you at the Disney class. Purchased the vacation album at the CK booth. Awesome value. BAMB and I put everything on one order, spent the required amount and used their 20% coupon.

See everyone tomorrow!!!! Should be there around 10 ish or so. Yeah, yeah, I know yesterday I said 11 but who can stay away.

Oh, by the way, I have a new name, my creative alter ego is Glenda. :lmao: I must be the good witch. :lmao: :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter