CKC-Hartford CLASSES ARE UP master list post 1

What's your workshop, Lisa?

I think I will choose this one over SDV because it's closer, therefore driveable and less expensive, easier to take tools, etc. And in Hartford, I'll have to concentrate on scrapping and not be tempted by the nearness of the "magic".

It appears that on Saturday, CK'll be collecting cards with blank insides to send to the troops for them to send. This morning, I made 8 new cards from a kit, and then went through my stash and picked out all the ones I'll never use, matched them with envelopes and packed 'em up to travel. I SO need an all day card class.

I hold a scrapbook workshop the second Saturday of every month. :)

So, I could do CK on Friday, your workshop on Saturday? That sounds about right! I didn't know you were a pro!

There's actually a class on Wednesday night at a place called inspiration station that sounds like fun - but it's half hour from Hartford, and I mistrust my ability to find my way back in the dark.

Figured out how the people staying at the 'official' hotel will get to the conference center - there's a shuttle that does a circle route of downtown, every 20 minutes. The Marriott will be way more convenient though.

Did you Saturday night croppers get anything accomplished?

So, I could do CK on Friday, your workshop on Saturday? That sounds about right!

Now there is an idea!!!

Inspiration Station is out in the boonies. Pretty far off the highway. What time is your last class Saturday? I am wondering if I could show you how to get there.

Yeah, that's what I figured from the google map, lol.

Thanks for the offer, Lisa! Unfortunately, I get out at 3:50 on Saturday, but I have a supper date with a non-scrapping friend from another Disney board.

Linda- Inspiration Station is awesome!!! It is located in a town I taught in 30 yrs ago. I would love to guide you there, but will be staying with my mom right after my Sat class so my 2 sisters and their DHs can go to their class reunion.
Gee, I even got to scrap last night- my grandson has a book report due tomorrow, his teacher offered about 25options, and one was a scrapbook. Ok, who could pass that one up? He is 10 and knows how to use my Cricut, so he got it all done.
I am looking forward to seeing you all this weekend - thanks for all your continuing support - it is much appreciated and NEEDED. Caroline

Well, scratch the supper date - we decided to do breakfast instead. But I have this crazy idea that we may be sick of scrap talk by Saturday evening! lol

Glad you had someone to 'scrap' with - it gave you something fun to think about :goodvibes

Raining here - my plants are so happy!

Now you all have me really looking forward to this weekend! I have been trying to locate the list of bring-along tools - can't find it quickly enough - can someone please direct me once again?
Any other supplies you'd like me to bring along - foods etc????

Lovingthemouse,

The basics you need to bring are:

Bring basic supplies to class
Come to class prepared with your essential, basic supplies to help you complete in-class projects:

· Favorite pair of straight-edge, micro-tip scissors
· Personal 12" x 12" paper trimmer
· Favorite adhesives, both wet and dry
· Black archival journaling pen
· Paper piercer and mat
· Stapler
· Regular hole punch
· Black and brown distressing ink
· Corner rounder
· Rub-on tool

If you are up to bringing cider, that's fine. Otherwise, just bring yourself. :hug: :goodvibes

11. What should I bring for classes and/or crops?
Bring the following basic supplies so you can complete your class projects:

Favorite pair of straight-edge, micro-tip scissors

Personal 12" x 12" paper trimmer

Favorite adhesives, both wet and dry

Black archival journaling pen

Paper piercer and mat

Stapler

Regular hole punch

Black and brown distressing ink

Corner rounder

edited to say

Oooooh Cider! I LOVE Cider! lol (has anyone ever named a food I didn't love?)
Guess we're excited - all hanging out here today, lol

Ok so it looks like I will be at the Vendor Fair shopping on Friday afternoon ( then Sat night and all day sunday i am locked in at work at the lss)

So whats everyones plans for dinner?!?! I would love to meet everyone...and Lisa and Buffy- I bet I am shorter than both of you!!!

NEE & I should be arriving in Hartford around 1pm on Friday. Our first class is at 3 so we hope to grab some lunch and then take a peak at the vendor faire before our class.

Ok so it looks like I will be at the Vendor Fair shopping on Friday afternoon ( then Sat night and all day sunday i am locked in at work at the lss)

So whats everyones plans for dinner?!?! I would love to meet everyone...and Lisa and Buffy- I bet I am shorter than both of you!!!

Melissa, we are getting together in our rooms for a pot luck dinner of sorts. I am getting a giant grinder, others are bringing desserts, chips and dips, etc. PM me your cell phone number, I can call you Friday with the location.

I wouldn't be surprised you are shorter. It's those Kinicki genes. ;) :laughing:

Cider works for me - any donuts to go with the cider?

Donuts, apple fritters, apple pie, apples and cheese, whatevah! Seriously, don't knock yourself out. We are going to have plenty of food. Probably enough leftovers for breakfast too!

I cannot wait to be somewhere (ANYwhere) with NO TV! I am SO TIREDof hearing about Wall Street and politics!!!!:headache:

I'm tired of Hannah Montana and the Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

We don't even bother to watch the news anymore, it's too depressing.

Oh Brother! Prompted by LovingtheMouse, I went back and looked at my class descriptions this morning. Guess I've got some more work to do, gathering supplies and cutting photo 'placeholder' papers. Just when I think I've got it all together . . .

I'm hoping to pack my scrapbook stuff tonight. I need to go track down the instructions for each of my classes. Only one more day of work - WOO HOO!!!

All packed but the cooler, and luggage staged in the diningroom. Now, i'm twiddling my thumbs waiting for it to be time to go.

Where did I get so much luggage for a 4 day trip? :scared1:
  • action packer (dry snacks and table supplies, coffee pot),
  • Large suitcase (crop project, tool tote, shopping tote, papertakers, teddy bear clothes),
  • Small suitcase (clothes),
  • Roll-on dufflebag (computer, camera gear, teddy bear),
  • Scrapbook tote (scrapbooks to share) and
  • Cooler (food and water).

Can you Imagine how much luggage I'll need for a month in Florida?:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter