• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are you a Single WDW fan

Hi everyone!
Single over here!
I am 35 and have never travel solo, ususally have friends to go with, but it could happen oneday, would not be against it at all.

I'm going to WDW and will be staying PCR from 9/29 to 10/3. I'm going for my birthday. I can't wait. I have never been there alone before but I am excited.

Anyway, I would love to meet up with someone while there. The only drawback about going alone is the awkward feeling while dining alone at a table-service restaurant.

Hi blondejerseygirl! Any time you want company at a sit-down WDW restaurant, just let me know. :teeth: I'm really into WDW dining since getting the DDE card.

I love the variety and all the different dining themes at WDW. :D

Shari

Hi blondejerseygirl.......Don't worry about dining solo, after you've done it once it will be ok. Just bring something to read or even review the park maps.

I've been to Disney several times solo and there is just nothing like it. You are able to do what you want , when you want and also how many times you want.

You will meet people at the resort that you will be able to share each days high spots with.

Trust me, if there are any specific questions that you may have, you have come to the right spot. There are so many great people on this site that are always willing to share their ideas.

If there is anything that I can help you with, please feel free to PM me.

Have fun planning.....the time will go by so fast......

There <I>are</I> some people who just don't feel comfortable dining alone. I have no problem with it and have had <I>lots</I> of fun doing character dining alone. :teeth: However . .

It's always fun to have someone to converse with while dining and to hang out with at the parks for awhile.

But about dining solo - - In most cases it seems to concern the servers and other guests more than the solo person. Some of them look at you like <I>"Poor thing - all alone"</I>, not realizing that people <I>can</I> be perfectly content with their own company! :p

Another one here. I'm 31 and single. I started going to wdw when I wasn't single and continued when I became single after that. I enjoy going to WDW with others more but have gone solo once and plan on going again. If you always wait until you have someone to go with, too much of your life will pass by.

39, single, believe taking kids to WDW is a waste of energy & $$!! :rolleyes: Have a rotten boyfriend who says my love of things like Disney & Harry Potter is proof that I'm "childish", but his obsession w/ Jim Steinmann & Meat Loaf is "child-like". Hmmmmm. Me thinks the gent doth protest too much!

Not sure if the question was about travelling solo, though. Don't like travelling solo, but do when I have to. Have heard WDW is a great place for that. Can anyone tell me how this is so? I'm sure that seems sarcastic in print, but it's a legitimate, very non-sarcastic question. Would love feedback! Thanks.

27 yo single Disney lover here.

:D Have gone solo and loved it, but also like going with other people.

Just turned 24 and still single disney lover...

who also thinks EsmeraldaX is totally CUTE!

:love:

Hey! How's it going?:blush:

Hi EsmeraldaX........ok you need to tell me ....where was that photo taken.......I've gone solo several times and just can't remember seeing that mouse.......

thanks and ok....you and the mouse take a very nice photo together....but be carefull.......Minnie gets jeolous...

Originally posted by rickc77

Hi EsmeraldaX........ok you need to tell me ....where was that photo taken.......I've gone solo several times and just can't remember seeing that mouse.......

thanks and ok....you and the mouse take a very nice photo together....but be carefull.......Minnie gets jeolous...

The mouse was one of the 75 painted/decorated by celebrities for Mickey's 75th birthday last year. They were on display at WDW when I was there on a solo trip in December, 2003, and I believe they are on tour throughout the U.S. at present. I'm thinking they will be at Disneyland (California) next year for the 50th anniversary celebration, but I could be completely out in left field. It certainly wouldn't be the first time!

I've been away from the boards for a while and just discovered that my wonderful ISP was putting my thread and PM notifications in a spam file! ? ! Everything seems to be working fine now.

I'll be at WDW on a solo trip Labor Day weekend, meeting with at least one other person from another board, and have another solo trip planned in early December. It's a terrific way to get into the holiday spirit--and avoid having to do a few things at home!

One thing you learn about being single (or an only child!) is to do things when the opportunity arises, regardless of whether others want to do it or not. It's wonderful to share experiences with others, but if the alternative is to do nothing, I'll go solo every time!

Hi I'm single and love disney. I travel every year with my children. I'm planning a big trip this dec. The cruise and WDW. I'm think I'm more excited then they are. If anybody is going during x-mas that would be fun to meet up. I know I have kids, but I'm single. Check the single parent meet thread.
I would love to meet fellow dis members.
Valerie
:Pinkbounc

I fit in this group, too! And my trip next week will be part solo/part with family---what I think will be the best way to vacation. 2 days with my sister, BIL, 5 yr old niece & 1 1/2 yr old niece--MK, character breakfast, etc. Then 3 days alone.....Epcot at my pace. I can enjoy the World Showcase, take my time.....and maybe a trip to MK alone when I can people watch and maybe ride a few rides. And it will let me see if I want to try a whole trip solo!

Originally posted by rickc77

PM'd ya! :)

That picture was taken in Boston, MA at Fanuel Hall. I saw them while going to the Comedy Connection at Fanuel Hall 3 weeks ago and was disappointed I didn't have a camera handy. There are approximately 10 Mickey Statues currently on display at Fanuel Hall, which are on tour (taja explained previously).

BTW, I am 34, single and am a proud DVC owner and self proclaimed WDW addict...

Good to know there are many more like me out there...

:cool1: Wow! I never thought I would get such a wonderful response to this thread.:)
Although I won't be "solo" traveling this summer, I will be with other members of the family who are also single. Ranging in age 84-14years;) We are so looking forward to our August WDW vacation.:jumping1:
Everyone have a great summer and thanks again for all your responses :wave:

49, single, with dog.
Big WDW fan, moved to Florida to be able to go when I want. My family thinks I'm nuts, but they sure appreciate me here when its time to go to WDW, I become their personal tour guide. Try to get there at least twice a month.
Going to MNSSHP for the first time this year, did the Christmas party last year.
If there is ever a meet just let me know, its a short drive up for me.
Lynn

Hi Gang, my name is Becky.......it gives me great solace to know that there are others out there like me.

I have never gone disney solo, but my sister and I have gone 3 times now. Plus other trips before and after with children.

Who's says WDW is for kids. Well, ok, I guess that makes me a kid.

Do people actually go to WDW alone. I can't imagine that would be any fun.

Would love to hear some stories.

I hope you'll let me join the thread. I'm a single WDW fan but not yet 30 or older (7 months to go yet on that). Planning my first solo trip for Jan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter