Are you a Single WDW fan

I am a single Disney addict, but I'm not over the age limit. I am so glad to see so many single Disney addicts out there! I thought I was all alone. I've never been WDW solo, but I think it would be fun. I went with a family who are friends of mine, and at one point, I ventured solo for a couple of hours and had a blast. It was fun to do whatever you want. We were at EPCOT when I struck out alone, so I was able to see the showcase!

I get to go again in December (my first Christmas trip) with a friend of min who is equally a Disney addict. We are going to have a blast! I just can't wait. 10 1/2 months is a long time to wait. Oh well. I've got to save my nickels and dimes first!

Thanks for this thread! I don't feel so funny going even if I'm not going alone. Hope everyone has great trips!

Kristin

Another single disney fan!!

I'm actually looking forward to my 30th birthday (February 2006) because I'm treating myself to a solo WDW trip (without DD)!!

PrincessDana ....just in case I'm not on in Feb of 2006, let me be the first to say happy birthday.

If there was ever a place to celebrate it....yes Disney would be my pick.......

enjoy

:) Thanks to all who have showed an interest in this thread. As my 14 year old niece would say COOL! :cool:
I wish you all the best in your planning and travels to magical WDW.::yes::
:wave2:

I'm so glad to see this thread. I'm 52 and love everything about disney. Been to DL twice and WDW four times but never solo. I'm no longer married and the last DD will be gone in the next couple years. I've been wondering who I'd go with after she leaves, but now I see that I can have a great time solo. (if DD will let me go by myself, she can't get enough of it either) Thanks for all the great ideas.

princess

Let me add to the long list of single WDW fans. I'm 42 (still have a teenager at home) but am looking forward to many solo WDW trips in my future. Glad to see there are so many that share my love of the World. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you one day!

I'm not quite 30 but I am a single wdw lover. I have always thought about going on a trip solo. After reading the posts I think I might go. lol

I'll chime in too. Now single and a Disney fan! I've done both WDW and DL solo while on buisness trips and have had a fun and relaxing time! I've had a hankerin' to go see Mickey recently and will head off to OKW in September with friends. Looking forward to hanging with the Mouse!

Hello,

Yes, I am single and a Disney fan!!! I feel so much better now that I have admitted it. I have gone sinlge to WDW many times. I spent my 40th birthday there with my sister. I went hoping that WDW was so "Magical" that I would not actually turn 40 , but no such luck.

I went to WDW for the first time in 1999 and have been trying to make up for lost time ever since. I love going as many times as my wages and credit cards allow.

Reading everyone's post have been wonderful. Knowing that I am not the only one with this special condition. :D

You can count me as one of the people from MA too. I grew up there and I am there all the time. I really only sleep in RI.

Hope to meet some of you on one of my trips or if there is a single meet.

Paula

well over 30 - long, long past 30 - but single and love to go to WDW solo.

When I brought DVC - it was to use with family - but hey I love and I mean love being single there - there is so much to do!!!!

I also stay off-site - being single can be a problem off-site - but I generally only stay in places that have a security guard and gate.

this year I am not in 2 places - I will see how that goes....

wow....it's great to see that I'm not the only one that enjoys going to Disney solo.

Isn't something that you can do what you want and as many times as you want without getting anyone upset.

To think all of this started with a little mouse.......

27 single and while I have never been compleatly on my own, I was on a trip where there were two couples and me. Had a blast exploring on my own but enjoyed it more when I met up with others. I learned some lovely scheduling tips from my time solo on that trip.

I'm 19 y/o and since my first EPCOT field trip in middle school I have split off on my own and have enjoyed every minute of it! This past year I have gone to WDW several times by myself! :happy: I get to meet interesting people, talk to CMs and shop to my credit cards content!

Tinkerbell81284 princess:

I'm 40 and.......... some months :teeth:

I have been told that, " I have the mind of a 4 year old and he was glade to get rid of it". Just want to say, " I'm ok with that ". ::yes::

Hi all, my name is Karen, single, 39, and looove WDW.:earsgirl: I have been to WDW 5 times and loved every minute of it. It has been at least 7 years since i have last visited, and having WDW withdrawl. LOL!! Since I am currently unemployed, it looks like it will be a long while yet to the next trip, so I guess i will have to live vicariously through everyone elses trips.LOL!! So to anyone going soon> Have a wonderful trip!! Take care all
:wave: kid@heart-karen

Hi everyone! I never noticed this thread before, and I need to add my name to this list. I'm 29, and recently single again. I had thought about visiting WDW alone, but then my best friend and her DH agreed to go in December! I'm so excited! I love the idea of meeting all of you guys at a meet...I vote for the first weekend in December, maybe do the MVMCP together? That would be fun! This will be my first Christmas party...I went to MNSSHP last Oct, and loved it! If anyone wants to try and do a meet at that time (even if it's only 2 or 3 of us!) let me know! We have to stick together, no one else would understand our obsession....

I just wanted to say thanks to all who have contributed to this thread. I had no idea when I started it, I would get such a response. WOW!:cool:
My sister and I (both single) are counting the days until our big WDW vacation. Although we will be with other members of our family, I plan on having some time to myself. So for a few hours anyway I will be a "Solo" sightseer. If I see anyone with a lime green ribbon on I will say a friendly hello and I will try to remember to wear one too.
Right now August 3 seems like a long ways away, but I'm hoping time will fly by fast.
Everyone have a Happy Spring:sunny:
:wave:

Just noticed this thread too.

Over 40, and yes I am single. Love to go to WDW--I usually go solo once or twice a year and with other people a few times a year. While I love going with family I also enjoy taking newbies to the parks. They are usually overwhelemed when they get there and realize how much there is to do and I LOOOVE showing them a good time.

I am lucky to blessed with living close enough that a long weekend trip is not out of the question.

Thought I might add my name to the list of qualifiers...30+ and then some, single (widowed), solo WDW traveller. I am going on my 2nd solo trip in June and can hardly wait. I have travelled many many places solo and the more I do it te easier it gets. I am also going to London and then on to Germany in August following my Disney fix! I'll do 5 days at OKW, two days with friends in Daytona Beach and then 5 at SSR. Counting down the Days!
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter