Are you a Single WDW fan

Yeah, I like being pampered too - especially when I am NOT staying at a deluxe resort! And I dread the possible first in last out with Mears.

Do you feel safe alone in a Town Car? May I ask which Company you've used? I've read about Tiffiany's on allears.net, but there are no recent posts - last one I could find was 2002.

Thanks!
Christine

Mears has a Luxury Town Car division that appears to be quite reasonable in price. Their website is mearstransportation.com -- have fun! :p

Originally posted by BaciBecky
Yeah, I like being pampered too - especially when I am NOT staying at a deluxe resort! And I dread the possible first in last out with Mears.

Do you feel safe alone in a Town Car? May I ask which Company you've used? I've read about Tiffiany's on allears.net, but there are no recent posts - last one I could find was 2002.

Thanks!
Christine

I have always felt completely safe in a Town Car, although believe me, the thought crosses my mind. But after all my trips I know the general way to Disney and I have my cell phone easily accessible if it appears we are headed in a wrong direction! ;)

In the past I used a company that is now banned from these boards. So after doing a lot of research on the transportation boards this time I am going to use murry hill. The rate couldn't be beat ($75.00 roundtrip after a $5.00 coupon) and they got many postive responses and only one negative. I figure there's always going to be a few people unhappy no matter what the company is. So both my mom and I will use them this trip (two separate round trips as we aren't travelling the same days).

We are going to WDW on the the 4th I guess we'll probably just miss you.
Have a magical time anyway.
Jill

Thanks for the info. Hope I did not post the name of a co that's banned from this board! I'm new and would not know.

Love the board - the people are warm, friendly, knowlegable and helpful! It's nice to find others who enjoy Disney and have visited as much (mostly more) than me (this is my 35th trip:) Also fun to read the resort comments and who enjoys which Resorts - I think a great vacation can be had at almost any Resort , although I am partial to the Poly. Was my first in '82 and several times through the years. Also enjoy trying new ones, so have stayed almost everywhere except the Home Away from Home and All Stars.

Anyway, thanks again for the murry hill info!

Christine
11 days and counting ::MinnieMo

You're very welcome. By the way, their website is transportation2disney.com. And you would know if you tried to post the name of the banned company because it would show up with asterisks instead of the name.

Originally posted by trinibjill
We are going to WDW on the the 4th I guess we'll probably just miss you.
Have a magical time anyway.
Jill

Thanks Jill, hope your trip is fabulous as well.

Diane

Followed your link to Murry Hill and also found the transportation board info. Very helpful! Based on what I've read I, too, feel quite comfortable giving Murry Hill a try. Wonder why no one has mentioned Mears - several resorts use them - maybe cost?

Thanks again for the Murry Hill info and to all who responded to my town car questions!

Christine

:tongue: I CAN NOT AFFORD A TOWN CAR,SO I ALWAYS USE MEARS. IT ONLY COST $28 ROUND TRIP. ALWAYS SEEM TO GET JUST ABOUT A FULL VAN,BUT JUST BY LUCK ALWAYS GET DROPED OFF FIRST.OF COURSE I ALWAYS STAY IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY. JUST CAME BACK SUNDAY FROM DISNEY, AND HAD A GREAT TIME.::MickeyMo :earsboy: :earsgirl:

Hi, Carol,

I've always taken Mears too, but this time I was kind of dreading the possible wait..although maybe it will not be as bad given the time of year? I was wondering in all the mention of town cars on the transportation board no one mentioend Mears Town Car service.

At any rate, I only need to go one way this time as a friend will join me 2 days later and take me back the airport when I leave.

Thanks much for the input!

Have you adjusted to home away from Disney yet???

Christine

:smooth: BACIBECKI NO I HAVE NOT ADJUSTED AS YET AND HAVE BEEN BACK 4 DAYS. ALTHOUGH WORK HAS BEEN VERY BUSY(WORK IN A HOSPITAL IN MEDICAL RECORDS). THINK MY CO WORKERS ARE TIRED OF ME TALKING ALL THE TIME ABOUT ALL THE FUN I HAD. THINK THEY ARE JUST JEALOUS. THE WAIT WASN'T TO LONG. BY THE TIME I GOT MY LUGGAGE AND EVERYTHING, THINK I MAY HAVE WAITED ABOUT 15 MINUTES. THE PARKS WERE NOT BAD THIS TIME OF YEAR. WITH IVAN MAYBE COMING THRU, I THINK PEOPLE WERE NOT COMING.

I always use Tiffany Town Car and never have been concerned over my safety. While a town car is a bit more expensive, it allows for a quick grocery stop and door to door transporation with no one else in the vehicle. I like this as when I get there, I want to go direct to Disney and my resort and when leaving, I want to stay as long as I can before I have to leave.

I've found the drivers to be very nice and friendly as well.

Diane

Hi Trinibjill:)
Just a thought, you may want to post on Taswira's thread, "Annual WDW Solos Meet" or Margie's thread, Adults & Solo Trip Central also, to see if you get any responses to your question about if anyone is going July 18, 2005?
Welcome Carol Devaill to the Dis Boards and thank you for posting on this thread. I was once employed for a hospital and thought it difficult to go back to work after a WDW vacation. Now I am a part-time colllege student about ready to graduate in December!:Pinkbounc
I figured as long as I was working with people I may as well get a degree in it. I just hope I will be able to find a job and earn money so I can get to WDW in the next couple of years again!
Thanks to all for keeping this thread going! ::yes::
:wave: ::MinnieMo

:smooth: HI EVERYONE, ALTHOUGH I HAVE BEEN BACK ALMOST A MONTH(DOESN'T FEEL LIKE IT) AM PLANNING ON GOING BACK NEXT YEAR IN LATE SEPTEMBER OR EARLY OCTOBER. ALWAYS HAVE SO MUCH FUN,EVEN GOING SOLO. 1972-POLY
1975-POLY
1977-POLY
1983-POLY
1990 POLY
1992-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
1994-HOLIDAY INN SUNSPREE
1995-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
1996-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
1997-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
1999-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
2000-COURTARD BY MARRIOTT
2001-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
2002-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
2003-COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT
2004- HOLIDAY INN,WALT DISNEY WORLD

Hi:sunny:
Funny you should suggest checking out that site. I got an e-mail today telling me about that site. No one has posted on this site for a while I thought it was over & done.
Thanks for the info.
Jill :wave:

Single, 31, and going to Disney for the fourth time since last December! :bounce:

:wave: Have a wonderful time Crcormier:) How I wish I were going again! It's only been about 4 months since the last visit, but I would love to see WDW during the Holiday Season.:cool1:
Hopefully I will be able to go again in Dec. 2006.::yes:: ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter