• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Are you a Single WDW fan

Hi I'm 24 and single. I am planning on going on the DCL this October and hoping to find my prince that loves Disney just as much as me. A little nervous about going alone because I have always had a SO join me, but unfortunately my ex of 5 years broke up with me about a year ago.

Originally posted by Pooh_Friend#1
I am planning on going on the DCL this October and hoping to find my prince that loves Disney just as much as me.
Best of luck, but if you don't find him, don't let that spoil your cruise. Even solo cruising can be fun. :teeth:

What is your cruise date (if you don't mind me asking), and Magic or Wonder?

46 (soon to be 47) and single. I have been to Disney for the last 5 or 6 years by myself. I keep inviting friends and family but they either don't have the time or more importantly, the money. I will be heading to Disney for my Christmas trip (December 18 to January 1). It will be the first time that I have been to Disney during Christmas week (I normally show a week earlier - I like Disney at Christmas especially the choirs that show up at Downtown Disney, the characters when they show up and do their thing at Epcot, etc. - I also like Universal at Christmas and I'm waiting to see what they do at SeaWorld!).

Ya I won't let it ruin my cruise, but I can always hope for the best!!! I am cruising October 23 on the Magic. It will be the Western cruise, I have already been on that itinerary so I am looking forward to relaxing and spending a lot of time on the ship!!

Heidi

I am on the <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/103004/" target="index">Halloween Magic</A> (Oct. 30) - my first time on the Eastern itinerary but my 10th DCL cruise. I've been solo on about half of them. My grown nephew (an airline pilot who is still looking for his "princess") was supposed to cruise with me but unfortunately he can't get vacation time then. He cruised with me once before and loved it . . but alas, did not find his princess. :(

He is a MAJOR Disney fan and was even a <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/SWWss04/pages/DSCN2147.html">TIE Fighter Pilot</A> in the <I>Star Wars Fan Weekend</I> parade 3 days in a row at Disney-MGM this year.

Taswira - what airline does your nephew work for? Maybe he can be my disney prince and I could be his disney princess!!!

You will have to let me know how the Eastern Itinerary is. When I will be sad because I have to get off the ship, you get to start your vacation!!!

I have been on 4 Disney cruises but never the Eastern. My whole family is so disney obsessed. My twin sister was proposed to at MGM and their honeymoon was a week at WDW and 7-day Eastern Disney cruise. My parents have been on tons of Disney cruises and they are going on the 14 day transition cruises (I am so jealous!!) I need to find someone who understands my (and my family) obsession with Disney!!!

He is with Delta Connection (Comair) based in Cincinatti and just bought a condo in Florence KY (says it's the closest city to the Cincinatti OH airport?), but is "officially" a Daytona Beach FL resident. There is a small pic of him without the "armor" (but with sunglasses - LOL) <a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/mm">here</A>. But he is 36 - maybe too old for you?

Yep - too bad your cruise isn't a week later, but the Western itinerary IS great!

Wow, he is pretty good looking and he is still single? Must be his job that keeps him single!! No that's not too old for me. My ex-boyfriend was 34....come to think about it, my twin is married to a 35 year old. We must have a thing for older guys!! :D

If he ever gets to stop by in Colorado I could show him around!!! :D

Pooh_Friend#1 - I don't want to tie up this thread with off-topic posts, so I e-mailed you through the DIS.

;)

What a fun topic! :D I wondered how many of us 35-year-young singles had such a great time at WDW going "solo". (o.k. -- I am just a few years . . . and just a few . . . over 35, but hey, let me have my fantasies).

I have made it an annual trip and have loved each time. I never felt lonely -- but how could I with a gazillion people around? :teeth:

I jokingly tell people that my annual pilgrimage is my "therapy" after a year of battling Dallas traffic and goofy (no pun intended) schedules. Several people have asked me if I ever wanted to go anywhere else instead of Disney. Imagine what my answer always is!

This year my parents are awesome (as always) . . . they are driving to Dallas to grand-dog sit while I escape to WDW for Thanksgiving. YIPPEE!

I look forward to a DIS meet, too! Never been to one!

See y'all there! :wave2:

Originally posted by rwade428
Do people actually go to WDW alone. I can't imagine that would be any fun.

Would love to hear some stories.

Going solo is LOTS of fun. I wouldn't want every one of my trips to be solo, but I do like to have at least some solo time each year. There's no being diplomatic and taking 20 minutes to decide where to go next. You only stop to go to the bathroom when you want to. See something in that store that you want to look at? Go look at it! No worry about whether you're annoying anyone because you've gone into the last 10 shops you passed. Want to ride Splash Mountain 3 times in a row? Do it. Want to spend all evening watching the British Invasion perform? Go for it. You get to do exactly what you want when you want. And Disney is such a friendly place that there is always someone willing to talk to you.

The only real downside is that you don't have anyone to share the special moments with. But seeing as I don't always have someone to go to Disney with, I'll take being alone at Disney and having no one to share those moments with then sitting at home and not having those magical moments.

Hi
My name is Jill. I am single & definitely over 30. Don't feel it though.

I have been to WDW many times. The first time was when I was married w/children in the late 70's. Then during bike week in the 80's. From that time forward I have been there at least 5 times in the last 4 years. One tiime as a chaperone for Girl Scouts. Twice I went alone. In 1999 I celebrated New Years at least 5 nights in a row. I really enjoyed it. Everywhere you go there is someone to talk to. The best part is doing what you want, when you want & for as long as you want.

On the 28th I will be going on my first cruise. I'm taking my Daughter & Granddaughter. (The 7 night western)

In Dec my other daughter & her family will be going with me to WDW. I have a suite at the Shades of green.

Next year I would like to go on the Eastern Cruise. I'm thinking about taking my other daughter.

I saw on this board someone went by themselves on a cruise. Does it cost the same for one as two? That is the reason & asked my kids if they wanted to go. (Like they wouldn't)

Also, next year our Roller Skating Nat'ls will be in Pensacola & I will definitely go by myself then to WDW.

:crazy:

Hi all :Pinkbounc

I'm 35, single and a disneyolic. I went there at least once a year for the past 14 years.
I didn't go solo yet, but I did "day park solo" because my family are not addict as I am.

Hope someday to find a companion that will be love Disney as I do.

For now, happy to see that I'm not alone with that "Disney addiction" because I'm tease a lot at work; they just don't understand.

Sorry for my english, its not my native language

:wave:

Welcome to the Dis Boards Mmickeya & Greetings to all Single Solo Adult WDW travelers:)
After spending 10 days with 5-8 other family members I am more inclined to try traveling solo to WDW someday. Too many wanting to see too much at once, and I decided I like going at a slower pace not wanting all of my activities planned out so far in advance. I did enjoy staying at OKW, we had a beautiful villa with a wonderful view. I especially liked the boat ride in the evenings over to Downtown Disney, it was very relaxing.::yes:: The time went so fast and I was sad to leave:(
I will continue to read and gather information for future WDW vacations. The Dis Boards were very helpful in our planning. Hopefully I will be able to go back sometime soon.
I am curious as to where most Adult Solos prefer staying and for how long?
Wishing you all a very Magical Day!:sunny: :wave:
Enid::MinnieMo

I like to stay as long as I can! Seriously I usually do a 5 day trip in the spring and a 9 day trip in the fall. This year my fall trip is for 14 days! I'm only doing 9 or 10 days solo though. Previously I stayed in the moderate hotels, but I bought into DVC last year and will be making my first trip home to SSR and OKW this fall. So now it will be the DVC resorts for me.

I'm 39, single and a HUGE Disney fan! I'm known for my large collection of Disney sweatshirts and clothing and although I've never done it, I could see myself going on a solo trip to WDW, Disneyland or on a Disney Cruise.

I've always been fascinated by Disney and by Walt Disney the man. I've read lots of books about Disney and about Walt. I took the Animation tour last time I was at WDW and loved it! We even got to paint a Mickey cell, it was awesome!

I've always wanted to see WDW all done up for Christmas and am finally going this year....with 9 other family members....but if no one else wanted to go I was going to go anyway! LOL!

My last trip was October of 1999...I'll never forget rounding the corner on Main Street and looking dead on at the Castle, I actually got a little misty eyed.

For our trip this December, I am thinking of taking the KTK tour by myself...no one else in my party is interested in a five hour walking tour, but I think is sounds fabulous and am really going to try and make time to do it for myself.

Lisa :earsboy:

The KTK tour IS awesome. I highly recommend it. I'm doing the Backstage Magic tour on my upcoming trip by myself. I think tours our great activities for solo travellers.

I did the Backstage magic Tour on my last solo trip and loved it! I'm going again this December and may do the tour again, you can never remember everything they tell you the first time!

Diane

Goofy Diane & WaltDfor me

WDW in Dec is fantastic. At MGM there are a zillion lights. They give you 3D like glasses & all the lights look like angels. It snows.

We are also going in Dec. Myself & 7 family members. We're staying at the Shades Of Green.

Lisa, you say you are are big Walt fan. In Dec of 1966 when they said he died. I was on the way to California & had to pull over because I was crying.

When I was a kid I won a trip to Disneyland but my parents wouldn't let me go. I've been making up for it ever since.

Jill:chat:

Hello, I'm 26 & single. I'm going back for my 7th Disney Trip(3rd solo) in October.

Someday my prince will come
Someday I ‘ll find my love
And how thrilling that moment will be
When the prince of my dreams comes to me
He’ll whisper I love you (and WDW too!!)
And steal a kiss or two
Though he’s far away I’ll find my love someday
Someday when my dreams come true

::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter