April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Yes!!!! I am so glad I checked again in this thread! I finally got below the $325 I had for a van!!! I am at $236 for 8 days yes!!!! Thanks.

It is Alamo. They mention a self service kiosk. Where is that, how does it work? Dh and I would like to both check in as drivers but not have to drag all our luggage and kids.

The kiosks are by the counter in the main building. You can add the names and all the pertinent information there, however, they will need to see those licenses and the people when you check out of the garage. It is literally on the way to the garage on the first level.

Just came back from our park/cruise trip (4/10-4/14 park, 4/14-4/18 cruise) in which I booked a Lock Low & Go car (got a Chrysler 200 which I believe is a mid-size) from MCO to PC through Dollar for $124, and a compact to take us from PC to MCO from Alamo through Costco for $59. For some reason I thought I had rented from Budget (because I had made several reservations through them for the park portion of our trip, which I ended-up cancelling) instead of Alamo so we got onto their shuttle after the cruise. When I showed the reservation paper, the lady behind the counter (Martha, very nice person) said I was at the wrong place, but she said she could help me out (I was thinking we'd have to get back on their shuttle, go back to the port, and get on the Alamo shuttle). We ended-up getting a Chevy Cruze (mid-size I believe) for just $1.50 more, which was probably what I needed over a compact given our luggage.

Just wanted to give Martha at the PC Budget location a shout-out! She saved me time, face, and probably some money since I might have had to upgrade at Alamo if our luggage didn't fit.

Just came back from our park/cruise trip (4/10-4/14 park, 4/14-4/18 cruise) in which I booked a Lock Low & Go car (got a Chrysler 200 which I believe is a mid-size) from MCO to PC through Dollar for $124, and a compact to take us from PC to MCO from Alamo through Costco for $59. For some reason I thought I had rented from Budget (because I had made several reservations through them for the park portion of our trip, which I ended-up cancelling) instead of Alamo so we got onto their shuttle after the cruise. When I showed the reservation paper, the lady behind the counter (Martha, very nice person) said I was at the wrong place, but she said she could help me out (I was thinking we'd have to get back on their shuttle, go back to the port, and get on the Alamo shuttle). We ended-up getting a Chevy Cruze (mid-size I believe) for just $1.50 more, which was probably what I needed over a compact given our luggage.

Just wanted to give Martha at the PC Budget location a shout-out! She saved me time, face, and probably some money since I might have had to upgrade at Alamo if our luggage didn't fit.

The Chrysler 200 is considered a Standard size car. The Cruze is a compact car via the manufacturer, however probably shoved in the Midsize class at rental agencies.

Just got a great rate and thought I would share it with everyone hoping you can use it also.

National rental: 4/26-5/6
Pick up at shades of green
Drop off at MCO
Full-size
$127 total

Found through kayak, was forwarded to national, became member, and used coupon code on site. I don't think it is possible to do better than that.

Big Thanks to the early post that recommended I use national for shades of green stay.

That's great!! I was able to get a midsize for $182 from National. It's from 4/30-5/6 and pickup/dropoff is MCO. I used the KLM code and a National code for $30 off:banana: Hopefully the Emerad Isle is good for me!

The Chrysler 200 is considered a Standard size car. The Cruze is a compact car via the manufacturer, however probably shoved in the Midsize class at rental agencies.

We got the Chrysler 200 in the full size isle at Alamo a week ago. It fit 2 large suitcases, 1 carry on and 2 backpacks w/o difficulty.

Can anyone rent from National and pick up at SOG, or do you have to be in the military?

I just booked there, and I am not active military, but my daughter is, but she will not be on contract. I read all the TOS and saw nothing in there about having to be military. And with National you just go and pick out your car, no counter service. But again I'm not% positive. I'll find out in a few days.

I just booked there, and I am not active military, but my daughter is, but she will not be on contract. I read all the TOS and saw nothing in there about having to be military. And with National you just go and pick out your car, no counter service. But again I'm not% positive. I'll find out in a few days.

Wanted to mention that SOG is counter service. Since it does not have the "aisle" pickup, you go to the counter. On the May rental board (I'm subscribed to both) folks are saying you can't enter without a military ID. Hopefully we'll find out more soon. Keep us posted. I booked a minivan for mid-May and my reservation does say "counter" pickup and we are Emerald/Executive Members.

I know you need a military ID to get into Shades of Green. I would call and ask before I left. It would stink to get all the way to FL and not be able to pick up the rental car.

We got the Chrysler 200 in the full size isle at Alamo a week ago. It fit 2 large suitcases, 1 carry on and 2 backpacks w/o difficulty.

Yes, it would have been on the full size row as Alamo does not have a standard row. It is still a standard size car.

You do not have to be military to rent at SOG. They do not have an EA there, so you will need to go to the counter and get the keys. It is not a secure location, so the keys will not be in the vehicle.

I know you need a military ID to get into Shades of Green. I would call and ask before I left. It would stink to get all the way to FL and not be able to pick up the rental car.

Anyone can rent a car at SOG. And, you only need an ID to check in for a room. The guard will let you in if you tell him/her you are there to rent a car.

Anyone can rent a car at SOG. And, you only need an ID to check in for a room. The guard will let you in if you tell him/her you are there to rent a car.

Good to know. I tried to go hidden Mickey hunting and they wouldn't let me in even as a CM.

That's a relief to know. My DH is a veteran and does carry his DD214, so thought that might help if there's a problem. Picking up a minivan here is the best price I've gotten so far.

Could someone either post or PM me the codes for Costco for Alamo? I had the paper and now it has vanished. I like to book thru Alamo direct instead of the Costco site.

Thanks!
Debbie

Could someone either post or PM me the codes for Costco for Alamo? I had the paper and now it has vanished. I like to book thru Alamo direct instead of the Costco site.

Thanks!
Debbie

Terms & Conditions
Save Up to 25% and an Upgrade
I.D. 7014627 - Discount: Discount applies to base rate only. Up to 25% discount applies to participating locations through 12/31/13. Discount varies by rental date, location and vehicle type. Taxes other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges (including GST/VAT), license and concession recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as CDW up to US $30 per day) are extra. In the U.S. check your insurance and/or credit card for rental vehicle coverage. Renter must show Costco membership card at the time of rental. One additional-driver fee is waived for Costco members at participating Alamo locations. Renter and additional driver(s) must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. 24-hour advance reservation required. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice. Blackout dates may apply. Void where prohibited.
Coupon Code AU2291VYT Upgrade: Offer valid when reserving a Compact through Standard car in the United States or Canada through 12/31/13. Valid for a one-car-class upgrade applied at the time of rental. One Upgrade offer per Alamo rental and void once redeemed. Offer is subject to standard rental conditions. Coupons are limited by pick-up date, location and car type. Blackout dates may apply. 24-hour advance reservation required. Not valid with any other discount or promotional rate, except your Costco member discount. Subject to availability and valid only at participating Alamo locations.
Some countries may convert coupon value into local currency. Void where prohibited. Alamo and Drive Happy are trademarks of Alamo Rent A Car. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. ©2012 Alamo Rent A Car. Any unused portion(s) of inclusions are nontransferable, nonrefundable and not redeemable for cash. Offer is valid for travel as specified, is valid for new bookings only and is available to Costco members residing in the United States. Travel purchases are not included in the Executive Membership annual 2% Reward program. Seasonal surcharges, availability, blackout dates and restrictions may apply. All prices are in U. S. dollars. Costco Travel disclaims liability for any inaccuracies or typographical errors.

My National car rental p/u from SOG and d/o at MCO went down another $76. I rented a full-size vehicle for 8 days with a booster seat, Emerald member, and coupon, reduced my rate down to $126 for the week with taxes. :cool1:

My National car rental p/u from SOG and d/o at MCO went down another $76. I rented a full-size vehicle for 8 days with a booster seat, Emerald member, and coupon, reduced my rate down to $126 for the week with taxes. :cool1:

did you try this code: xz53043? It might save you more. Sometimes it works that way, sometimes it does not. But, anyone can use the code.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter