April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

my Alamo rental went from $196 to $154 this morning. Dates April 18 to 23 Economy using SW 7016128 and coupon AD2338FDF.. starting to move finally :)

just went down to $101.98 this morning :banana:

New to this board and renting cars...quick question. When you say you use your Costco ID and double insider coupon at Alamo, where are you putting the Costco ID # and is that # your membership card #? Also, does everyone typically stay away from the super cheap rental places I am seeing like Fox and EZ and stick with the big chain names?

New to this board and renting cars...quick question. When you say you use your Costco ID and double insider coupon at Alamo, where are you putting the Costco ID # and is that # your membership card #? Also, does everyone typically stay away from the super cheap rental places I am seeing like Fox and EZ and stick with the big chain names?

The Costco Id is a corporate code and it goes in the box marked Contract Id, the coupon code goes in the coupon code box. That is not your membership number. Seems like the vast majority of renters here stick with the major chains. Personally, I mainly use Alamo or National and sometimes Avis.

Fox is not at the airport at all, they shuttle you over, so whatever you save is barely worth the convenience you lose. I have used EZ before and had no problems with them. But as a rule stick with a national carrier.

Alamo has very few econ. cars. You will probably end up with a compact. The rate is GREAT.

I could live with that....lol :cool1::cool1::rotfl: not a fan of economy but I'm solo so anything bigger just didn't make sense

So I am leaving on Monday and just got the cheapest rate yet via Hotwire for Dollar/Thrifty..yet when I go on Dollars website solo, its almost $200 more. Everyone try using hotwire and see if you can get even cheaper deals. It required no coupon or discount code. I got a minivan for 04/22-04/30 for $291 total with taxes. Cheapest rate yet :yay: and will continue to check it before I leave. Hope this helps!

So I am leaving on Monday and just got the cheapest rate yet via Hotwire for Dollar/Thrifty..yet when I go on Dollars website solo, its almost $200 more. Everyone try using hotwire and see if you can get even cheaper deals. It required no coupon or discount code. I got a minivan for 04/22-04/30 for $291 total with taxes. Cheapest rate yet :yay: and will continue to check it before I leave. Hope this helps!

That's a great rate for Hotwire! They had a really good rate for my timeline also, but it's too soon for me to lock in, since Hotwire is non-refundable. 1week to go!

So all I used to signup was my email and they didn't ask for credit card info so not sure how it could be non-refundable...either way is fine for me as I dont think I will get anything cheaper at this point.

Alamo weekly rates for 4/19-4/27 and 4/26-5/4 finally dropped for SUV's and minivans. In the 250-280 range depending on vehicle selection. Was over $400 this morning.

Better price with insider login vs Visa code.

Alamo weekly rates for 4/19-4/27 and 4/26-5/4 finally dropped for SUV's and minivans. In the 250-280 range depending on vehicle selection. Was over $400 this morning.

Better price with insider login vs Visa code.

Thanks for this info :thumbsup2 Do you know what the policy is on an extra driver with Alamo?? Joan

Thanks for this info :thumbsup2 Do you know what the policy is on an extra driver with Alamo?? Joan

I am not Joan, but, I can tell you an extra driver is free for Alamo insiders and sometimes free with some other contract codes(like Costco and similar). Failing that it is approx. 10.00 per day for the additional driver.

From the Alamo website, found under "contact us".

Additional Driver Fee / Alamo

Is there always an additional driver daily fee? How much is it?

Any additional driver (including a spouse or domestic partner) will pay a daily fee of approximately $10 per day.

Fees are waived for additional drivers who are:

· Members of Alamo Insiders Program; which allows for one additional driver to be added at no cost.

· Corporate Contracts in the United States are allowed the following additional drivers at no charge:

· Commercial (corporate) rentals

· The renter's business partner

· Employer or fellow associate, who has a signed corporate contract with Alamo and drives the car for business purposes and who meet normal renter requirements.

All other additional authorized driver situations are subject to a daily charge.

An additional driver may only be added to the contract at a rental location and may be added or removed in the middle of the contract. When adding an additional driver in the middle of the contract both the renter and the additional driver must be present at the location.

The system will calculate the charges based on the dates the additional driver was listed on the rental.

Free if you join their free Insiders club. $10/day if you don't.

Additional Driver Fee / Alamo

Is there always an additional driver daily fee? How much is it?

Any additional driver (including a spouse or domestic partner) will pay a daily fee of approximately $10 per day.

Fees are waived for additional drivers who are:

· Members of Alamo Insiders Program; which allows for one additional driver to be added at no cost.

· Corporate Contracts in the United States are allowed the following additional drivers at no charge:

· Commercial (corporate) rentals

· The renter's business partner

· Employer or fellow associate, who has a signed corporate contract with Alamo and drives the car for business purposes and who meet normal renter requirements.

All other additional authorized driver situations are subject to a daily charge.

An additional driver may only be added to the contract at a rental location and may be added or removed in the middle of the contract. When adding an additional driver in the middle of the contract both the renter and the additional driver must be present at the location.

The system will calculate the charges based on the dates the additional driver was listed on the rental.

There was a drop in the minivan base rate for Alamo this morning. For my date (pickup April 30) the base rate dropped to $224 a week (before taxes or discounts). No change for other size vehichles (that I noticed). I need a van for 1/2 the trip, so it didn't help me, but it was nice to see a minivan at a more affordable rate. Remember to add the $30 coupon (AD2338FDF) and other contract codes (Visa=7015504 -- or others).

Thank You everyone for the replies :thumbsup2 The car goes under my DH name and we are both members of the Alamo Insiders Club.:cool1: So the Alamo rental is going to work better for me than my previous Budget one. Joan

Returned my full size rental yesterday to Alamo in Orlando. The final cost was just $124. Persistence does often work....

Yes!!!! I am so glad I checked again in this thread! I finally got below the $325 I had for a van!!! I am at $236 for 8 days yes!!!! Thanks.

It is Alamo. They mention a self service kiosk. Where is that, how does it work? Dh and I would like to both check in as drivers but not have to drag all our luggage and kids.

Yes!!!! I am so glad I checked again in this thread! I finally got below the $325 I had for a van!!! I am at $236 for 8 days yes!!!! Thanks.

It is Alamo. They mention a self service kiosk. Where is that, how does it work? Dh and I would like to both check in as drivers but not have to drag all our luggage and kids.

Go through the online "save time" check in process and enter both drivers on there. Then whoever goes to the kiosk will need to take both drivers licenses. Kiosk is at Alamo desk under baggage claim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter