• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

8 days to go !! hoping rates start to fall some :)

Well, I want to Thank Everyone for all their help again this year!

I pretty much have what I'm gonna end up with.

12 days Economy for $221.24 4/10 thru 4/22

Funny thing is I can't remember which coupons and codes I used. :rotfl2: Entertainment Book, BJ's, Visa???? I'll just have to bring all the cards. The reservation confirmations used to show which discounts you used but no more, I guess.

Pretty darn good when you consider we started round trips in the $500-$600's! Everyone at work says this is awesome, however as we all know, last year was better. Some of us got real lucky and nabbed lower in a small window and great for them! :):):)

I could have gotten a bigger car for a little more, but this is a more budgeted vacation for us and gas was a factor.

I could have tried Priceline last minute (although I did try last week and no dice for lower than what I got) but I have a Debit card and Alamo is the best with those.

I will check Alamo's Last Minute Price on Tuesday Morning for a better deal, but this weeks Last Minute Deal for Orlando is worse than what I have.

:drive::drive:THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP AND CONTRIBUTIONS!!! :drive:

Ok unbelievably when we got to Orlando Alamo was out of economy cars so they gave me a minivan!

$221 for 12 days Dodge Caravan !!! /) yay!

my Alamo rental went from $196 to $154 this morning. Dates April 18 to 23 Economy using SW 7016128 and coupon AD2338FDF.. starting to move finally :)

I can get a 7 passenger minivan for $270 or a Chevy Spark for $393 :rotfl2:

Guess I'll stick with my $216 Premium. They must have too many minivans in the lot LOL!

Ok unbelievably when we got to Orlando Alamo was out of economy cars so they gave me a minivan!

$221 for 12 days Dodge Caravan !!! /) yay!

They are pushing the minivans right now, that's cheaper than an Economy for my dates right now!

Had a fantastic experience with thrifty. My flight was delayed 4 hours, but when I went to get my car, they still had all my info ready to go. I signed up for their blue chip program (free) so you can go straight to the cars and skip the rental counter completely. So nice to not do any more waiting after such a delay!! Used them twice, and great experiences both times.

my Alamo rental went from $196 to $154 this morning. Dates April 18 to 23 Economy using SW 7016128 and coupon AD2338FDF.. starting to move finally :)

I love it when the rates do down. I still have less than 3 weeks.

I was able to get a Full Size car for April 29 - May 10 with Alamo for $234.20. Which is a drop from the $299 that I had been getting for a while.

I am an Alamo insider and went to the deals. There is a Double upgrade for Compact through Midsize. This worked out well for me because I need a Full Size. Really want a Mid-size SUV but those rates are outrageous!!!:scared1:

Will keep trying every day, several times a day and see if I can get better

Debbie

Finally got a good deal, but it is inconvenient. Apparently the 24th of April is a bad day to pick up a car. For me to pick up a full size at allamo on the 24th for 13 days is $455, but to pick up at midnight the 25th is only $250. Outrageous! That one day makes a huge $200 difference. So looks like ill be busing it back to the airport for a midnight pickup, or I'll try and pick it up when my plane lands and see what the price difference is then.
This 12 day/$250 price is using the allamo insider double upgrade coupon and my Costco ID. Good luck everyone!!

Finally got a good deal, but it is inconvenient. Apparently the 24th of April is a bad day to pick up a car. For me to pick up a full size at allamo on the 24th for 13 days is $455, but to pick up at midnight the 25th is only $250. Outrageous! That one day makes a huge $200 difference. So looks like ill be busing it back to the airport for a midnight pickup, or I'll try and pick it up when my plane lands and see what the price difference is then.
This 12 day/$250 price is using the allamo insider double upgrade coupon and my Costco ID. Good luck everyone!!

did you try picking it up at the car care center and returning @ mco ?? you can price it out on the Costco website and they'll pick you up at your hotel if you call the day before

markstine

Found this to be odd, so much for taking care of those that have served our country. Shades of Green is really overcharging! (Understatement).

There is an allamo at the shades of green but it would have been nearly $900.

The rates there have sky rocketed over the last week or two, I have a reservation with Alamo at SOG for $200 for 8 days that I made weeks ago thank goodness.

WOW!! That's crazy!! Must be because of Halloween:confused3. Grab what you can and keep checking everyday.. Wishing you much luck

markstine

Found this to be odd, so much for taking care of those that have served our country. Shades of Green is really overcharging! (Understatement).

Shades of Green has nothing to do with Alamo/National pricing. The rental company is leasing space there and is open to the general public.

Makes me want to cancel my reservation with them, that is price gouging if I've ever seen it.

Makes me want to cancel my reservation with them, that is price gouging if I've ever seen it.

Try National Car rental through their own site. I just reserved a full size car for 7 nights from SOG then drop off at MCO for $132 with discount/taxes. We joined their Emerald Club (additional discount) and used a coupon on their website for $25 off a week. Price even dropped a few dollars from yesterday.

For me personally, I've checked car rates through BJ's wholesale/Costco and never found then to have the best rates. Hotwire is great if you need a car to and from MCO, but you will prepay. We had no issues with that last year. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter