April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Is anyone able to check in online for Alamo now? I am leaving Friday and would like to do some of the paperwork now if possible to avoid time spent at the kiosk.

My fare never did come down even close to the fare I got a couple of months ago for a Premium, which is odd. Last year they steadily declined the closer I got to my trip.

Good to know. I tried to go hidden Mickey hunting and they wouldn't let me in even as a CM.

Back when Hertz was there, it was for SOG only, but, Alamo does not have that restriction, so, I guess they have changed rules.

Thanks for the codes! I am glad that I booked the mid-size SUV the other day because the prices shot wwaayyyyy up today!

I was able to get mid-size SUV from 4/29-5/10 for $330 and today it is $580!

And using one of the codes (forget which one) it was over $700. Which is just ridiculous!

Debbie

FYI - we stayed at the Polynesian and rented our car at Shades of Green. It's a short 10 minute walk across, and there's actually a path as others had mentioned right from the Polynesian. No issues getting into SOG. My husband said it was a smooth process, and we got a wonderful rate. Thanks for everyone's tips.

Wanted to mention that SOG is counter service. Since it does not have the "aisle" pickup, you go to the counter. On the May rental board (I'm subscribed to both) folks are saying you can't enter without a military ID. Hopefully we'll find out more soon. Keep us posted. I booked a minivan for mid-May and my reservation does say "counter" pickup and we are Emerald/Executive Members.

For the record, I've talked to multiple people at Shades of Green and National car rental and they have all said you don't need a military ID to pick up from SoG. Simply tell the security guard you're there to pick up a rental car and they will direct you to the rental counter.

I just got a great deal with budget today I have costco and used code w852802 and used one of their code mugzo44 for $35 off and got full size for 133.00 total tax included this was for an eight day rental mid may. Hope it helps

Thank you everyone for your contributions!

It really works when we all pull together to get the best deals!

This year I learned Military or not you can rent at Shades of Green. Saving that one for future!

I also learned that if you have a debit card you cannot use the Alamo's Kiosk. Last year I could use the Kiosk so that's a change.

See you all next year! :)

Thank you everyone for your contributions!

It really works when we all pull together to get the best deals!

This year I learned Military or not you can rent at Shades of Green. Saving that one for future!

I also learned that if you have a debit card you cannot use the Alamo's Kiosk. Last year I could use the Kiosk so that's a change.

See you all next year! :)

Yes, great thread and lots of help! Sad to say we won't be going back in 2014 as kids vacation is over Easter week and we don't want the crowds or the price increase. Looking forward to 2015!

Yes, great thread and lots of help! Sad to say we won't be going back in 2014 as kids vacation is over Easter week and we don't want the crowds or the price increase. Looking forward to 2015!

Ditto! Thanks for all the help! See you in 2015!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter