April 2013 Car Rental Discount Thread

Started out months ago with a rental midsize from Dollar for 2 full weeks at $436 all in. Well this week their prices have been plummeting. Just got the same car and the same two full weeks for $330 all in.:cool1:

Well, I want to Thank Everyone for all their help again this year!

I pretty much have what I'm gonna end up with.

Your Reservation Modify this reservation

Pickup & Drop Off

Pickup
Wed, Apr 10, 2013 12:30 AM
Orlando Intl Arpt (MCO)
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando FL 32827 US

Drop Off
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 02:30 PM
Orlando Intl Arpt (MCO)
1 Jeff Fuqua Boulevard
Orlando FL 32827 US
Your Vehicle & Add-Ons
Economy
Car Summary
Economy
Chevrolet Spark or similar
Additional options available
Air Conditioning
AM/FM Stereo and CD
Automatic Transmission

Your Rate

Rates & Charges
1 Week(s) @99.00 $ 99.00
6 Day(s) @14.14 $ 84.84
Customer Facility Charge 2.50/day $ 12.50
Airport Access Fee 10 Pct (10.0%) $ 15.36
Tire/battery Fee .02/day $ 0.26
Florida Surcharge 2.00/day $ 26.00
Vehicle License Fee .69/day $ 8.97
Sales Tax (6.5%) $ 13.50
UNLIMITED MILEAGE INCLUDED
Total Savings -39.19
Estimated Total: $ 221.24

12 days Economy for $221.24 4/10 thru 4/22

Funny thing is I can't remember which coupons and codes I used. :rotfl2: Entertainment Book, BJ's, Visa???? I'll just have to bring all the cards. The reservation confirmations used to show which discounts you used but no more, I guess.

Pretty darn good when you consider we started round trips in the $500-$600's! Everyone at work says this is awesome, however as we all know, last year was better. Some of us got real lucky and nabbed lower in a small window and great for them! :):):)

I could have gotten a bigger car for a little more, but this is a more budgeted vacation for us and gas was a factor.

I could have tried Priceline last minute (although I did try last week and no dice for lower than what I got) but I have a Debit card and Alamo is the best with those.

I will check Alamo's Last Minute Price on Tuesday Morning for a better deal, but this weeks Last Minute Deal for Orlando is worse than what I have.

:drive::drive:THANK YOU ALL AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP AND CONTRIBUTIONS!!! :drive:

Don't you just love it when you can get a good rate? :cool1:

I was able to get an Alamo full size for 11 days (Apr.19-29) for $207 before it shot back up past $300.

We leave tomorrow :cool1:.....flying into ft myers to visiting my son and his fiancé ....then on to disney....best I could do was with alamo.....picking up in ft Myers 4/6 drop off in Orlando 4/14 full size for $149.....not sure if its a good rate since this is the first time we are visiting my son and disney in the same trip

11 days minivan (National) April 15-25 picking up SFB returning MCO. Signed up for flying blue/used KLM code and $30 coupon total $394. would love to get it lower if anyone has any suggestions. Saw some Enterprise rates $50 less but was worried about an old post I saw about unclean vehicles.

I'm looking for a good rate for April 22-28th compact

I've been looking at carrentalsavers.com the cheapest I've found is
payless- 104
advantage- 107

I would really like to rent from Alamo or budget but they around 170 and up

Has any ever rented from payless, how far is it?

payless- 104
advantage- 107

I rented from Payless once (ONCE!). Took 10 minutes to get there and I wouldn't do it again because of that and the overall experience. But that's just me.

Did you try all the coupon codes?

palhockeymomof2 said:
We leave tomorrow :cool1:.....flying into ft myers to visiting my son and his fiancé ....then on to disney....best I could do was with alamo.....picking up in ft Myers 4/6 drop off in Orlando 4/14 full size for $149.....not sure if its a good rate since this is the first time we are visiting my son and disney in the same trip

Jeez...that's fantastic. For a different pickup/dropoff...that usually sticks you about an extra 200 bucks minimum

Jeez...that's fantastic. For a different pickup/dropoff...that usually sticks you about an extra 200 bucks minimum

Thanks :) really appreciate your letting me know since I was clueless on what was a good price when the different pick up and drop off locations are different

Enjoying the warm weather here after the cold NY winter:thumbsup2

payless- 104
advantage- 107

Hi, Buget has WENDIE'S special $119.for a compact. That is with NO coupon. I used a USSA code for a coupon of $35.off. I have USAA insurance. There are other coupon codes on this thread for Budget. Joan

I'm still with Dollar. April18-May2, two full weeks at a price of $321 all in with an intermediate (standard):cool1:

The Wendie's special is back on Budget. I just snagged an intermediate SUV through budget for 4/6-4/14 for $197.60 using the Wendie code and USAA $35.00 coupon.

I picked up my car from Budget on Saturday. The check-in line on the A side of MCO was about 50 people deep. Walked over to the B side and there was no line! We ended up with a Kia Sorrento which actually seats 7 so we fit comfortably with all of our luggage. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I was worried after reading horror stories about long waits and cars in not-so-great shape.

That'll be handy to know about trying the other side of the airport if the line is too long.

I booked a compact through advantage for $87
I tried the codes for budget but it was $119 before tax, after taxes it was $174

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I picked up my car from Budget on Saturday. The check-in line on the A side of MCO was about 50 people deep. Walked over to the B side and there was no line! We ended up with a Kia Sorrento which actually seats 7 so we fit comfortably with all of our luggage. I was pleasantly surprised by the experience. I was worried after reading horror stories about long waits and cars in not-so-great shape.

What is the Wendies special, please?

What is the Wendies special, please?

On the budget site...click this:

352s09f.jpg

I can't believe how high the rates are still for my April 26th - May 5th rental! I luckily got a rate of $216 a few weeks ago, for a Premium car no less.

Since then they have been consistently in the $400 range! I'm flying into SFB and I know the competition isn't as bad there so the rates are higher but sheesh, over $400 for a compact car? Soooo glad I have the $216 to fall back on!

Still checking daily, but I thought they were dropping by this time last year before my trip.......

I'm less than 3 weeks away now and instead of dropping, the prices are going up. I've locked in a price, though not a great price, but am still hoping for something better. In the past the prices would start dropping, but my last few trips that hasn't been the case. Even my late January trip didn't drop like past years. I check several times a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter