$139 CRICUT at Michael's (next week!!!!!!!!)

I don't know how much one more day will help, but Tax Day this year is actually April 17th due to a holiday in Washington DC (I work for the corporate division of the largest retail tax company so I know these things ;) )

I'd love to get the Cricut too, but well, the kitchen is being remodeled and we need a new roof and my car had to have about $1,500 in car repairs in the last year (and DH did a lot of that himself), and I want to go to Dream Event in September . . .

Cool!! 1 extra day to get the check in the mail!

Not to put a damper on things, but did you know that they are coming out with a new Cricut machine in June? I saw it somewhere on the web.

No damper here. The new Cricut retails at $499.00. So for those who have no plans on making things that need to 12inches by 12 or 24 inches, this sale is still pretty awesome.

Can someone, anyone, convince me of why I need this?? Yes, I have sizzlitts, cuttlebug templates, what's the advantage of owning this machine? Does the machine come with a cartridge or will I have to cough up additional money for even my first cartridge?

TIA,
Brenda

Can someone, anyone, convince me of why I need this?? Yes, I have sizzlitts, cuttlebug templates, what's the advantage of owning this machine? Does the machine come with a cartridge or will I have to cough up additional money for even my first cartridge?

TIA,
Brenda

It comes w/ a cartridge called George.. has basic shapes and letters..
I've done a lot with it.. figured out just recently how to make some awesome frames w/ it this week.. They are great to frame around journal boxes..and I have the sizzlets; and others and I still use them just as much.. I love have the great variety of multiple alpha's and dies, etc!!

The basic font can range from 1 to 5-1/2 inches. You can also make them smaller by using some of the special features (charm, postage stamp, card, etc). Most (I haven't looked at all) will have a shadow & a black out feature. I have three font carts and really like them.

I also have the sidekick and bigkick and still use them lots too. And I don't even scrap yet. :rotfl: But I make some pretty nice swapping stuff.

yay i just got the michaels add in the mail and saw this!! If only I had $139 :mad: maybe my dad will let me borrow money lol :)

btw, thanks Megan for telling me you'd seen the ad -- you've confirmed that it will be offered at my store too. . . .

Anyhow -- after watching the video on the cricut website, it mentioned that there's a USB port in the back -- if you don't need a computer to use the machine, why is there a USB port???

TIA,
Brenda

Anyhow -- after watching the video on the cricut website, it mentioned that there's a USB port in the back -- if you don't need a computer to use the machine, why is there a USB port???

TIA,
Brenda

DH thinks it could be for upgrades or patches if need be. I hope eventually we'll be able to hook it up to a computer to use.

I heard a rumor that the new one coming out was supposed to be computer compatible, but at the last moment, they scrubbed it. Here's hoping they do someday.

Does anyone know if the 40% off coupons always say that they exclude Cricut products? I would love to take advantage of this price (my mother just sent me $500 for my 50th birthday), but I don't want to have to pay $90 for the additional cartridges. Also, can anyone that has a Cricut tell me how expensive they are to maintain...blades, mat, etc.?

Does anyone know if the 40% off coupons always say that they exclude Cricut products? I would love to take advantage of this price (my mother just sent me $500 for my 50th birthday), but I don't want to have to pay $90 for the additional cartridges. Also, can anyone that has a Cricut tell me how expensive they are to maintain...blades, mat, etc.?

As far as I know most of the stores, Jo's & Mike's are keeping the excluding Cricut/Xyron on their 40% off coupons.. :(
Walmart has the best prices on the cartridges.. They run 59.00 in my state.. and my mom has found sells on them at times for a bit cheaper..
Mats run about 15.00 for 2.. and blades are about 10.00 for a set of two.. The mats say they last for 40 plus full sheet cuts.. but I'm sure I got more out of them.. I have 1 that has been used a lot..and it's still going strong.. and than I have 2 that I still haven't opened... I haven't changed my blade yet..and it's still going strong too.. great cuts!!! (these prices are off the top of my head from seeing them the other day)...

Thanks for the information, Princess. Although I have done very little scrapping lately, I know that I will do tons later this summer (my oldest daughter is getting married in June). It doesn't sound like the machine is all that expensive to maintain, so I think I will buy one. How early is everyone planning on getting to Micheals tomorrow morning? They open at 10, and the sales clerk told me earlier today that they have "Slightly less than 10 Cricuts in stock right now." Do you think there will be a line if I get there by 9:30?

I'd play it safe and be there by 9! I got my cricut at Walmart for 179.00 and thought I was great.. at that time.. the cricut for 249.00 at Michaels!
Hope you are there in time to get one...and enjoy it!!
I love the ability to change my letter size and give me a lot of variety.. also w/ the George cartridge that comes w/ the machine.. I was able to figure out have to make frames for my pictures (be it small frames only up to 5 inches)..but I can always use them..and the center piece I can use as a deco square or journaling.. There doesn't seem to be much waste at all!!!

It's also come in handy for the kids' school projects!! In the first month we did 4 poster projects.. (have 5 kids in school.. so there seems to always be a project due!)

I'd play it safe and be there by 9!

I am usually up pretty early in the morning, so I guess I will try to be there by 9. I hope I am able to get one. I just read on Two Peas that this woman went to Micheals today and they only had two in stock. She asked if she could buy them today and then get a price adjustment tomorrow and at first she was told no. Then the sales clerk came back to her and told her that they checked with the manager and that she could do it. So the woman bought the only two machines that they had! I'd be pretty upset if I was first in line when the doors open tomorrow morning and they didn't have any at all!!!

OH MY GOSH- I went into my Mike's to stake out the place. Find where it is, etc. for tomorrow morning. I found it at the front of the store with a big sale sign for $139- I bought the last one. :cool1: Then I hurried home so I could post it here! Good luck!

I also called today and was told that they didn't price adjust and that they had plenty. I went tonight to scope out the store location etc and my DH:love: started talking with the sales clerk. She said they most certainly do price adjust and that they only had 6 in stock so I got one tonight. I'd be so mad if I went tomorrow am and they were out! A lady in the store gave me a 40% off coupon and it didn't say excludes cricut but I'd heard everyone here say it did. I bought the tool kit thing (new to this stuff so don't know the proper names) and some paper and stickers etc. The sales girl said yes ,they were also for cricut stuff and it took 40% off the tool- so I got it for 18 instead of 30:banana: They also had some really cute paper on clearance for 25 cents. For 59 cents they had a cute Disney sheet that I'm going to cut apart and use for titles, etc instead of using the sheet whole! Thanks OP, I'd never be getting one at full price.
Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter