$139 CRICUT at Michael's (next week!!!!!!!!)

I saw on the Cricut boards that some people have been able to use JoAnn's coupons for a 40% discount on Cricut products. The coupon fine print lists "Cricut electronic cutting machine" as an exclusion, but it doesn't say anything about other Cricut products like Michael's and Hobby Lobby coupons do. I'm anxious to get my next JoAnn's ad. I hope they don't change the coupon fine print. I'd love to get another cartridge.

All of this talk about buying last night and either getting the low price or being able to get a price adjustment today has me very concerned. I am going to be upset if I get there and there aren't any left. I'm planning on arriving at 9. I was there yesterday evening and spoke to the cashier at length about buying one today and he said that they wouldn't do price adjustments, and there would be no rain checks. As I mentioned before, at that time he said there were slightly less than 10 available. So if I am one of the first to get in the store, there had better be one left.

Good luck to everyone who is trying to get one this morning!
Holly

JoAnn's does honor their coupons for purchase of Cricut products except for the actual machine. I've bought all my cartridges except for one at JoAnn's and have paid $40 for them with the 40% off their regular $65 price. I've never paid more than $6 for the package of 2 mats because I buy them at JoAnn's, too. I haven't had it that long so I haven't bought new blades, but they would honor the coupons for them, too.

The closest JoAnn's to me is a really small one and has been out of any products for a while, but the others further away always have quite a selection.

My local Michaels won't honor anything and has terrible customer service, so I don't know if it's even worth going there to see if cartridges are any lower than $90 or if they will take a coupon. None around me will allow use of a coupon unless the coupon has changed. Their computers don't even take the reduction when they try to put it through.

I got one!!! Yippee!! I probably made a total fool of myself, but at least I can laugh about it now. I arrived in the parking lot at 8:45 and only the manager and one employee were there. They started pulling displays to the outside of the store just before 9, so I got excited and thought they were opening early. I asked them if they were, and they said no. Then I asked if they had any more of the Cricuts in the store, and they both started laughing and said yes. I guess the employee (an older woman) had been telling the manager (a man) that they were going to have a line of people wanting these machines, and he didn't believe her. Well, the funny part is the manager was right...I was the only person wanting one when they opened the doors of the store at 10!!! We all got a good laugh out of it, but luckily, the time waiting went by quickly (I got my grocery list all written up, got my coupons pulled out, and then read a book). Now I need to go put all of my groceries up and then I can start playing around with it!!!

Ok, I spent most the evening trying to install the blade. I think I have it in the right spot (after consulting the cricut website) but it still isnt cutting- any suggestions? :confused3 The number at the top of the blade looks like it is set on 1. Thanks!

I got mine too!! At around 9:30 three of the workers went and put their cricuts in thier cars. ahh and the manager opened at 9:45 so everyone could get in the store early. I'm so happy!!!

Ok, I spent most the evening trying to install the blade. I think I have it in the right spot (after consulting the cricut website) but it still isnt cutting- any suggestions? :confused3 The number at the top of the blade looks like it is set on 1. Thanks!

I have mine set at 4-5 sometimes 6 if I'm using really thick textured paper.

Play with the pressure dial too...

I got mine :D I was the first one in at 10, my BF and I got to Mike's at 9:30 and there were a couple of people waiting but they had 12 or so.

Do they have cartridges on sale, or are they honoring the coupon for them? Just wondering if it's worth my going out today? I haven't bought a newspaper yet.

Carts are on sale at ACMoore this week....50% off selected ones.

Carts are on sale at ACMoore this week....50% off selected ones.

No AC Moore's in this part of the county! :sad1:

Just wondering if Michael's sale is only for the machine? They never seem to put the cartridges on sale for any competitive price.

I got one!!! Yippee!! I probably made a total fool of myself, but at least I can laugh about it now. I arrived in the parking lot at 8:45 and only the manager and one employee were there. They started pulling displays to the outside of the store just before 9, so I got excited and thought they were opening early. I asked them if they were, and they said no. Then I asked if they had any more of the Cricuts in the store, and they both started laughing and said yes. I guess the employee (an older woman) had been telling the manager (a man) that they were going to have a line of people wanting these machines, and he didn't believe her. Well, the funny part is the manager was right...I was the only person wanting one when they opened the doors of the store at 10!!! We all got a good laugh out of it, but luckily, the time waiting went by quickly (I got my grocery list all written up, got my coupons pulled out, and then read a book). Now I need to go put all of my groceries up and then I can start playing around with it!!!

good for you holly.
from one holly to another!!!

holly

Ok, I am back. I left my home about 8:45 this morning, picked up newspaper and found ad. Stopped by my local Wal-Mart they would not honor ad because we do not have a Michael's store in our town. Closest one would be in Knoxville, about a 45 minute drive.:drive: So I head off to Knoxville, arrived at store at 9:55 (I was first customer in store!) went to the Cricut display, EMPTY!!!:hyper: I found a clerk and she said that all the Cricuts were put up and I would need a ticket. Yes, they have tickets!!! Purchased one and was on my way. I am so excited. By the way, they had several boxes, I would say at least 25. The clerk said that that was the best price they had ever had on the Cricut, even better than the day after Thanksgiving, and in her opinion it is one of the best machines for the price. I did ask about the new Cricut coming out this summer and she did not think that particular store would carry them. Also, I decided I would not make that much of an investment. So I am very tickled to have this one at $139.00.:yay:

Also, she told me to just use regular paper when I practice with the machine. That way I could get use to the blades. I have not opened box yet, won't have time to play with it until later.

I'm glad everyone seems to be finding them ok- Just FYI, I was in AC Moore's this am and asked if they price matched with Michael's- the guy told me yes and beat them by 10%- so it'd be 126 instead of 139. The AC Moore ad says selected cartridges are 50% off but both ones I got today (doodlecharms and celebrations) were included. I can't wait to start using it- now maybe I'll actually get some pages done!
Donna

I got mine too -- dropped the kids at Sunday school and headed to the store to wait. I was the first customer in the parking lot. As time wore on (I was 45 minutes early), I cleaned out the car, looked for Mike's gift cards in my stash -- yeah! Found a $25 one!! About 9:55 cars started arriving, I was checking out my "competition". Turns out I was the only one headed for them -- and there were 8 of them to choose from!!! I'm looking forward to spending time with my new toy next weekend. . . .

Thanks for the enabling post -- I'm glad it was posted because my Sunday paper still hasn't been delivered!!

Brenda

My Michael's was out of them by 10:30. I was not able to get their any earlier.

However, WalMart (about 1/2 mile away) matched the ad.:thumbsup2

Now I need to keep chanting...work on taxes before Cricut...taxes before Cricut...taxes before Cricut.

I got one! :cloud9:

I was in the parking lot at 8:45 and no line until 9:45. Our store only had nine and were sold out in minutes. The manager did allow us to use the 50% off for a cartridge.

Thanks Grumpy's Gal for posting this GREAT deal.

Have fun everyone. Can't wait to use mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter