Woohoo! Dinosaur Cart - NEW! Party Decorations page 8

This cart is so fabulous. I have been debating about getting a cuttlebug or sizzix so I could emboss my creations. I love the dino at the top page and how you made his skin look so real.

THis has been so fun! I will try for two more today, maybe three since all 3 kids are home. I am definitely going to look for more embossing folders for skin texture.

You are going to force me to buy a cuttlebug aren't you.LOL. How big of paper size do they take? And where is a good place to get one?

You are going to force me to buy a cuttlebug aren't you.LOL. How big of paper size do they take? And where is a good place to get one?

Most of the embossing folders are for an A2 card which is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. There have been some new releases which are 5x7. The machine itself is limited to a width of 6 inches. THe dinosaur I embossed had to go through twice in different directions.

I am pretty sure that M,J, and ACM have no coupon exclusion for the cuttlebug, so you can use a 40% coupon. I got mine last year spring I think with a coupon at ACM. With the holiday season coming, you may be able to hit one of those additional 20% sales. The folders are pretty cheap. The box stores do not seem to carry all of them, so I will place an on-line for them I guess.

Most of the embossing folders are for an A2 card which is 5 1/2 x 4 1/4. There have been some new releases which are 5x7. The machine itself is limited to a width of 6 inches. THe dinosaur I embossed had to go through twice in different directions.

I am pretty sure that M,J, and ACM have no coupon exclusion for the cuttlebug, so you can use a 40% coupon. I got mine last year spring I think with a coupon at ACM. With the holiday season coming, you may be able to hit one of those additional 20% sales. The folders are pretty cheap. The box stores do not seem to carry all of them, so I will place an on-line for them I guess.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember how much it is? I checked my M's the other day and only saw the sizzix. I did see the embossing folders. Have not checked my A's and my J's is the worst.

The "regular" price is around $90, but you can get it for a lot less than that. Especially after Thanksgiving, I bet. The embossing folders work in the Sizzix as well, if you have one of them, you wouldn't neeeeeeeeeed a Cuttlebug unless you got the bigger embossing folders.

Thanks for the info. Do you remember how much it is? I checked my M's the other day and only saw the sizzix. I did see the embossing folders. Have not checked my A's and my J's is the worst.

I think I paid $40 after coupons

The "regular" price is around $90, but you can get it for a lot less than that. Especially after Thanksgiving, I bet. The embossing folders work in the Sizzix as well, if you have one of them, you wouldn't neeeeeeeeeed a Cuttlebug unless you got the bigger embossing folders.

Have you tried the sizzix? I bought folders before I bought the cuttlebug and tried my red sizzix with the big lever handle -- maybe that's the original? It didn't do a good job. I tried shimming. It did emboss it, but nowhere near as well as the cuttlebug. Now that I think about it, maybe I didn't make the right "sandwich"

Have you tried the sizzix? I bought folders before I bought the cuttlebug and tried my red sizzix with the big lever handle -- maybe that's the original? It didn't do a good job. I tried shimming. It did emboss it, but nowhere near as well as the cuttlebug. Now that I think about it, maybe I didn't make the right "sandwich"

I haven't used the original Sizzix, but I know that's how my friend Valerie uses them. Do you have a rubbery mat? You may need one of those to get it to work right in the original.

I think I didn't do it right...I've seens lots of posts about people using the sizzix. I do like the cuttlebug though -- easy to use, store and take with you.

pteradon at 6 inches
004-6.jpg

dimetrodon at 5 inches
005-3.jpg

leptoceratops at 3 .75 inches (this one has been assigned to me as my favorite by DS)
006-4.jpg

My children want to know when I am going to get one for them.

:rotfl2:

WHat do they want? I am stuck in the house with sick kids, so I have time to play. The dinos will just have to be embellished with lysol. THink that will stain the paper in an interesting way?

:hug: I'm so sorry about the sick kiddos. Is there anybody who can relieve you at all?

My boys would want two of everything, one for each. :rotfl2: But those two crested dinos and spinosauras for sure and maybe a triceratops? Oh and a flying one. You can send them in pieces. Making them put the dinos together would be fun. :thumbsup2

And yes, the Lysol does leave interesting patterns on the paper. :rotfl2:

:hug: I'm so sorry about the sick kiddos. Is there anybody who can relieve you at all?

My boys would want two of everything, one for each. :rotfl2: But those two crested dinos and spinosauras for sure and maybe a triceratops? Oh and a flying one. You can send them in pieces. Making them put the dinos together would be fun. :thumbsup2

And yes, the Lysol does leave interesting patterns on the paper. :rotfl2:

Added to the list. TOmorrow's picks are the turtle looking one, the other flyer, and the baryonyx.

No -- I am not asking for any relief - -I wouldn't wish this on anyone. THis is DD and DS4 third time with this stuff, except now it is worse - -104 fever, cough, chest congestion, body ache - -I guess it is the flu. It is weird though - -they will be relatively fine, just cough for hours and then the fever comes raging back. H1N1 vaccine will be given at the school on Nov 18. I wasn't able to find the regular flu shot.

I wouldn't worry about the season shot so much. In Australia, 97% of the tested virus was swine. The other 3% was the Type B that our shot missed. The strain in the shot is different from the strain now circulating. Nice, huh?

If you can get, you should go ahead. But if you can't find it, don't stress over it.

We did all get our seasonal and the boys have the H1N1 shot/FluMist. DH & I won't be able to get it until probably January the earliest.

I think I didn't do it right...I've seens lots of posts about people using the sizzix. I do like the cuttlebug though -- easy to use, store and take with you.

I love the Cuttlebug! I'm glad I have it, my Girl Scouts use the Sizzix now!

Sorry about the sick kiddos, your dinos are looking great!

Morgan got the seasonal flu mist today. Not sure about the H1N1 vaccine or when it will be given. Hopefully through school.

those are some awesome looking dino's! great job with all of them.

sorry to hear your kids are sick. hugs to you and them.
hope everyone starts feeling better real soon!
:hug:

Assuming I have cooperative kids tomorrow, I have lots of dino plans - -I spent most of the evening in CDS setting up pages to cut. My plans: 5 pterosaurus, 3 turtle things, 3 baryonx, 3 trachia, 3 brachiasaurus, 2 spinosaurs, 2 diplodosaurs (crested things), 5 triceratops -- I filled up 12 pages (12x12)

okay --who knows how to pluralize these names?

Assuming I have cooperative kids tomorrow, I have lots of dino plans - -I spent most of the evening in CDS setting up pages to cut. My plans: 5 pterosaurus, 3 turtle things, 3 baryonx, 3 trachia, 3 brachiasaurus, 2 spinosaurs, 2 diplodosaurs (crested things), 5 triceratops -- I filled up 12 pages (12x12)

okay --who knows how to pluralize these names?

I can help with that! Usually you just say "several triceratops". Not triceratopses. Although in the paleo world we usually shorten the names...so the brachiosaurus is just called a Brach. We are lazy. :goodvibes So how do the Brach and Diplodocus look? I have a soft spot for long necked quadrupeds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter