Southwest Airlines 2 free flights credit card offer-What's the catch?

Hello. I am new here and stumbled upon this site while searching google for problems that I am having. I got my promotional certificates on 3/15. Unfortunately, when I go to book the promo certificates, there are absolutely no flights available under the "certificate" heading. I've searched over 100 itineraries and dates and everything is just blank. Is anyone else having this problem. This is starting to become a huge disappointment.

I had no problems what so ever. I got in on the FEb. deal but my statement did not close until March. When I logged on to my SW account I saw the cert numbers there and was easily able to secure a flight thru TAMPA. I found Orlando slightly restrictive - do-able but restrictive - but no problems at all for August flight for 3 people on free tixs. maybe call SW?

I still have not received my certificates. My closing date was 3-15, my balance is paid. I called yesterday just to see if there was availability on the flights I want at the end of Aug. from ONT to MCO. I spoke to a really nice lady who checked for me and she said there are still rapid rewards flights available for the days I want. I asked if rapids rewareds flights are what the certificates are eligible for and she said yes. I hope she is right, and I sure hope I get my certificates soon. It is so inconvenient to call SW, I was on hold for 35 minutes.

For those of you who are familiar with SW award certificates...the certificates we received for the promo have an expiration date of 3/16/2012. Do we have to travel by that date, or just book/redeem them by that date?

You need to have completed your travel.

For those of you who are familiar with SW award certificates...the certificates we received for the promo have an expiration date of 3/16/2012. Do we have to travel by that date, or just book/redeem them by that date?

For those of you who have received you certificates, did you find them in your rapid rewards account? When I log on, all I see is 0 points, no place for promotions or anything else. I am assuming the certificates will be listed some other way. Just want to know exactly what to look for. Thanks.

Mine says no points as well because I got a "Promotional Award" it is listed under the 0 points on the right hand side.. when I click on that it shows 4 certificates, I assume for 4 one way flights. DH and I have to discuss what flights we want and if we wanna extend the trip or not before I actually redeem them.

Mine says no points as well because I got a "Promotional Award" it is listed under the 0 points on the right hand side.. when I click on that it shows 4 certificates, I assume for 4 one way flights. DH and I have to discuss what flights we want and if we wanna extend the trip or not before I actually redeem them.

Thanks for the info. Now I know exactly where to watch for them. Another day has passed, still no certificates. I know they said it could take up to 6 weeks, but with so many receiving their certificates soon after their closing date, it got my hopes up.

I've read of people who got the card after me and used it after me and have already gotten there awards. I think I'll need to call chase tomorrow.

Well I called Chase today and they told me rewards would not show up until next closing date, which is not until April 15th. But I have re read this thread back a few pages and it looks like some people received theirs 10 days after closing date. So I am going to wait until friday, (that will be 10 days after closing date) to see if I get them. If not I think I will just have to make my reservations for Aug. and save the certificates for another trip. I am a little disappointed, but at least I have a year to use them.

I am all set for my July trip!! My closing date was the 13th and my certificates showed up today. I called, and there was availability on the exact flights I wanted. It took forever to book over the phone (couldn't be done online), but it was SO worth it! So I have two round trip flights for a grand total of $10 instead of the about $650 it would have cost me. I am beyond thrilled! :woohoo:

Timeline for me, and how I was notified

Applied and approved on 2/25
Received the CC on 3/3
First purchase 3/4
Received emails from SW airlines that the certificates posted to my account this evening 3/24

I got one email for each certificate that was posted (4 in all)

Anyway, Booked the exact flights we wanted, for a cross country trip East coast to the west cost, at the start of June. No issues whatsoever with availability.

Everything, including the booking of the two free round trip tickets, in less then a month :dance3:

I applied through the link that was posted here to get 2 free tickets. I used the card and my closing date was last week. When I checked my rewards account, I had been credited enough points for 1 flight (19,000). I called to ask about the 2 flights I was supposed to get and he said that nothing on my account indicated I was eligible.

They have now opened an "investigation" and said I will hear by mail in 4-6 weeks.

Anybody else have this problem? Thoughts or suggestions?

i applied and received the 2 free rt flights. certicates delievered in just 3 weeks after first puchased. no problem booking flights. received flights i needed and sw had to book them .

following day i had to change return trip and again sw did it. great job sw.

also the deal is 20,000 points not 2 free tickets on the sw web site.

I am so excited right now, I can hardly stand it! I was about ready to give up and make flight reservatons for Aug., and then my certificates showed up today! I called and they had the dates and flights I wanted, so we are set. This saved us $1300! I Loooooove SW!!!!

Is the Southwest Airlines offer going to be good for Airtran considering the merger which is expected to be finalized by the end of the year?

:cool1:Applied end of Feb. Received cards a few days later 3/3. Purchased tickets on cards for our flight to Disney on 3/3. Received certificates 3/25. Used certificates for our 4 outgoing trips to see family. Then paid for the 4 return trips. The outgoing was slightly more plus it guaranteed we were all on the same flight.:cool1:

:woohoo::woohoo: I finally got mine! :woohoo::woohoo:

I applied for the card at the end of Feb, immediately used it March 3, paid it off - closing date March 15. Got my ticket vouchers at 2 am CDT. :cool1:

Now, I just have to book our flights as soon as I take DS to school.:cheer2:

oh I love reading all these success stories!!!!! I know I posted about this before but I still go on and on about my SW stories of free tix and giftcards and get mystified why some people dont jump on this and then the deal is gone....SW ROCK!!!!!!!!

I got my 4 free ticket emails last night, for the 2 RT or 4 one way tickets. I assume DH got his as well in his email. What a DEAL. With both of us getting our own cards, 4 free RT tickets is amazing.

UGGGGHHHHH!!!!! :headache: :sad2:

I got my certificates....yay!

However, I can't get any flights I need.

This is so frustrating.

And on top of that: I just called SW and the flights that are showing up on my computer are not the ones that are available w/ certificates....even though the website says it is. :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter