Adult Trip - Where to spend extra days on?

Unity

Mouseketeer
Specifically, with six-day tickets. Two of the folks going - my partner and our best friend have never been to Disney World [my partner hasn't been to any Disney park, while our friend has been to Disneyland at least.]

This will be a big 'first time' for him, and I was wondering what advice would you have on how to spend our extra two days. We were thinking one more day for the Magic Kingdom [my parents are also going and want to spend an extra day there] and maybe one more day for Hollywood, but wondered if there were any differences in opinion for that.

We like to do 2 days at Epcot -- one for the countries around World Showcase and one for Future World (or whatever that is called now - World Celebration).

We like to do 2 days at Epcot -- one for the countries around World Showcase and one for Future World (or whatever that is called now - World Celebration).
I like to do this as well, and because Future World is usually knocked out by 3 PM if you're in the park early, that's where I like to either park hop or do some dinner venue like V&A's. And World Showcase is a much more adults-oriented area to begin with, you can even do DATW at a leisurely pace if you want.

For the other extra day, I'd play it by ear and decide as a group which park to double do (or to just park hop). While MK is the usual recommendation as it has the most attractions and other places to visit on a second day (Tom Sawyer's Island, anyone?) I'd do that as a decision once you're there and know if SWGE or Avatar or somewhere else really sparks your imagination. It's also a great day to split parks and park hop - something I usually don't recommend, but the Monorail and Skyliner are experiences in and of themselves, and it lets you pick up any attractions you really want to hit again, or missed on the first day.

Edit: Don't do the college-type DATW, if you do it please be responsible and remember they are very heavy pours back there, even doing it over 10 hours on my 40th, I was pretty hammered.

I like to do this as well, and because Future World is usually knocked out by 3 PM if you're in the park early, that's where I like to either park hop or do some dinner venue like V&A's. And World Showcase is a much more adults-oriented area to begin with, you can even do DATW at a leisurely pace if you want.

For the other extra day, I'd play it by ear and decide as a group which park to double do (or to just park hop). While MK is the usual recommendation as it has the most attractions and other places to visit on a second day (Tom Sawyer's Island, anyone?) I'd do that as a decision once you're there and know if SWGE or Avatar or somewhere else really sparks your imagination. It's also a great day to split parks and park hop - something I usually don't recommend, but the Monorail and Skyliner are experiences in and of themselves, and it lets you pick up any attractions you really want to hit again, or missed on the first day.

Edit: Don't do the college-type DATW, if you do it please be responsible and remember they are very heavy pours back there, even doing it over 10 hours on my 40th, I was pretty hammered.
Thank you both for the suggestions! Epcot definitely does seem like a good choice for things especially as I do want to spend more time in World Showcase this time around.

Definitely wasn't planning a college type DATW. I don't drink myself - just don't find the taste of alcohol appealing to be honest.

Out of curiosity: we have regular park tickets. If we wanted to upgrade our tickets would we have to upgrade all six or can we select two? [Havent been for like... six years so it has been a hot minute with these things lol]

Thank you both for the suggestions! Epcot definitely does seem like a good choice for things especially as I do want to spend more time in World Showcase this time around.

Definitely wasn't planning a college type DATW. I don't drink myself - just don't find the taste of alcohol appealing to be honest.

Out of curiosity: we have regular park tickets. If we wanted to upgrade our tickets would we have to upgrade all six or can we select two? [Havent been for like... six years so it has been a hot minute with these things lol]

I believe it would cost the same to upgrade to hoppers no matter how many days the ticket is for and it will apply for the entire time of the ticket.

Out of curiosity: we have regular park tickets. If we wanted to upgrade our tickets would we have to upgrade all six or can we select two?
As PP says, it's a flat rate to upgrade a ticket to hoppers and hopping would then be available on all days of the ticket (regardless of what day you do the upgrade).

Or... are you asking if only 2 people in the party might want to hop -- yes, you can do that. If you have package tickets it can be done after you arrive/check-in; if you bought the tickets separate from the room reservation it can be done by phone in advance.

I think that whoever wants to add hopping to their ticket can take the ticket to Guest Services and add hopping to that one ticket. Unfortunately, you'll have to add hopping for every day on the ticket, even if you only want to hop a couple of times, or only have a day or two left on the ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter