SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

You mean doing a girls trip instead of a scrapping trip?

A girls trip or a girls/scrapping trip.

I wonder if Pete can put something together through Dream Events. It obviously wouldn't be all spectacular with prizes and stuff, by I wonder how much it would cost to book a small conference room.

Or just a girlie trip before school starts, maybe a little earlier in August.

I know it would be more crowded, but if we could do earlier in August that would be great. My kids could stay at my ILs if they aren't in school.

Wait a minute - if it is not at the end of Aug (when school starts), but earlier in the month, I might finally be able to join you all.
We'd all rather be at WDW but if it does not work out, then I would be interested in a get together.

A girls trip or a girls/scrapping trip.

I wonder if Pete can put something together through Dream Events. It obviously wouldn't be all spectacular with prizes and stuff, by I wonder how much it would cost to book a small conference room.

Or just a girlie trip before school starts, maybe a little earlier in August.

Well- it wouldn't have their spectacular prizes but I bet many of us could come up with a make and take/workshop/prize that we could contribute to the group.

Rebecca

I'd suggest looking into renting some DVC points for a villa etc as I think you'll find the banquet cost a tad prohibitive :D As we always joke you think theme park prices are bad- see catering prices...

-em

Well, this is disappointing news. I have been working on coordinating things so I could join all of you for SDV this year.

Figgers the year I'd decide to go . . .

I agree with Emily, though, a meeting room of *any* size is going to cost like the very dickens and there will be some food & beverage committment required - probably the reason SDV won't be there in the first place.

Getting a 1 or more bedroom villa would be a practical solution, but then there's the table issue.

My personal choice would be one of these -

Girls trip to Disney - no scrapping
Scrappy trip to somewhere closer to home to which I could drive - ie SDV in NJ, CKC Valley Forge, CKC Manchester with overnights, weekend crop at Jiminy Peak (MA) or Mountain Top (VT) both would be cheap in summer.

:sad1: thanks, Em for the heads up.

I noticed that Nancy didn't mention Orlando; she said Florida. Hmmmm.
Suppose that could mean away from Orlando. :sad2:

If y'all DO want to still consider scrappin' in Orlando, there are 2 nice stores
with scrap space: Piktails and Scrappy Boutique. Maybe their tables could be reserved for an all day crop in the store. Lots o' product there, too!

Come on, Nancy! We're "patiently" waiting! :rolleyes1

Marylee pixiedust:

Depending on how many were looking at going there is a scrapping retreat house in Orlando- we could go there for a day or 2 and then stay on property for a day or 2 to do the parks.

Rebecca

How very sad! :sad2:

Linda, I guess we are going to have to talk about your ideas and see what Lisa is up for. :confused:

Im honestly down for whatever...I would love to be at WDW but Universal would be sick cause Ive never been and Im the only one in my family that wants to see the WWOHP. And I'd be down for any other trip ya'll plan. This was gonna be an early b-day present for me anyways :)

You think mouse scrappers would hook us up with a spot and spaces???

Well - this is interesting news! Z2H and I originally weren't going to be able to join you this year as we'll be "Dreaming" during the late August Orlando SDV dates. :sail: But, we're going to be at WDW mid-month (the week prior to the Dream cruise) and *might* just be able to get together with y'all if something is able to be organized...:woohoo:

Well - this is interesting news! Z2H and I originally weren't going to be able to join you this year as we'll be "Dreaming" during the late August Orlando SDV dates. :sail: But, we're going to be at WDW mid-month (the week prior to the Dream cruise) and *might* just be able to get together with y'all if something is able to be organized...:woohoo:

HOW INTERESTING:idea: A cruise wouldn't require park tickets... the 3 night cruise (8/25-8/28) price ranges from 600 - 900 $ per person depending on accommodation and includes meals. Of course one *would* need a passport or card. . .

Well, I'm out.
DH and I talked last night and it was either this or the Everest Challenge in May with DS14. He is really looking forward to running and I need to have that as a goal for some much needed weight loss. So I chose DS, sorry girls!

Hopefully we can persuade Nancy to bring SDV back to WDW some time soon.

Em, by chance did you snoop for Dream Events Inc, or their new name Event Path?

>>Hopefully we can persuade Nancy to bring SDV back to WDW some time soon.<<

You would need to convince WDW first...

Didn't need to snoop- rumors were flying to loud to ignore-

But awesome on the Everest Challenge- I plan to run that so least I'll know someone :)

-em

I wonder why.

Not that I want you to report rumors on the thread. Just me wondering out loud.

I just have to say, I am totally disappointed. I look forward to SDV at Disney every year. I start planning the minute I get home from the previous one. I'm sad. I'll miss the fun, the completed pages, the dancing, the character meals, not to mention missing all my DIS Diva friends. I am so bummed. I can't do anything earlier in the month, maybe later in September if y'all can come up with something. I definitely cannot do a cruise because DH and I are looking at a 10-day cruise in the fall/winter. I will miss y'all SO much :sad1:

Well, I realize I don't have all the particulars, not privy to communication between Dream Events and Disney negotiating a contact, however I find it
surprising in a weak economy that WDW would need convincing to attract some 800 people to an event that they've held previously for many years. Many add time before or after the convention to spend time at the parks, some bring family members which brings in tourist dollars.

I am very disappointed too. It was great fun to do the parks then get together with DIS friends to scrapbook, talk, laugh, and a character meal.

Well, I am totally bummed!!! I had convinced DH to let me come & play as my birthday present :( However, a short cruise sounds delightful :) and it's about the same cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter