SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

Can you please clarify what SDV is? I'm getting the jist that it's some sort of scrapbooking weekend and if that's the case, can someone enlighten me?
Thanks bunches!

It is also called Scrapper's Dream Vacation- they have had 1 at Disney World for at least the last 8 years. It is a multi day crop just at Disney instead of anywhere else.

but now it's headed up by Event Path Unlimited LLC.

Thanks for sharing this. I didn't know the company changed hands. I emailed the company and received a response from the president, Nancy Lee Bohrer.

Here it is:

We are working on new dates and locations under the new company. All previous locations and dates that were handled by Dream Events are no longer in effect. We're hoping to have some additional locations posted to the website soon. We will definitely be coming to FL, but it will not be at WDW due to the high prices and contract expectations.

Same people as Dream Events. Not sure why they changed the name.

Well that just stinks. If I do another SDV it will be local, that's to bad because I really liked going to Disney with my peeps.

My poor Little Bit. :sad: He wanted to know why Mommy would want to go to Disney without him. Wouldn't I rather do a mommy and son trip instead of an all girl trip? :rotfl2:

If you're on Facebook, you might want to friend "Piktails"! They're a LSS
in the Orlando area (John Young Parkway @ Town Center) They posted that they're looking at hosting a 3 day crop event at the International Plaza Hotel (now the Doubletree.) The dates are February 18-20.

No other details are known as of now. I'm thinking it would be alot cooler
and less humid than in August! :thumbsup2

If the February event goes well, then perhaps they'll look at doing others!
:dance3::dance3::dance3::dance3:

Marylee pixiedust:

Nancy posted another crop weekend; this one was for Raleigh, NC in July.

Can you please clarify what SDV is? I'm getting the jist that it's some sort of scrapbooking weekend and if that's the case, can someone enlighten me?
Thanks bunches!

Yes it is a scrapbook weekend, traditionally held in various locations along the east coast. They have 3-4 days of round the clock scrapping, and a few classes. They also have vendors there so you can shop for supplies.
Our group typically goes to the one in Florida but it looks like they are not going to be at Disney, so we are waiting to see where they end up.

Here is a link to their website:
http://www.eventpathunlimited.com/

I got an email. I'll forward it to your email. :goodvibes

Thanks I didn't get one

did you join the SDV Premiere group? Apparently I can't read the forums without a membership, which kinda stinks.

ETA nevermind, found the unlimited forum. It's a really strange format.
3 weeks ago Nancy posted they are currently working on NC, FL, and TN.

I'm not really liking the path they are taking business wise. I don't like all these exclusive groups and clubs.

Well if it's not gonna be at WDW Nevermind.... I'll just save for our big trip to WDW when DH returns....Man this sucks I get money saved and it gets changed up...:sad2:

I am still so bummed about this! This year it would have started on my birthday, too :sad2:

DH said we'll still go to WDW for my birthday and I can set up my scrapping stuff in the Contemporary lobby :rotfl:

I am still so bummed about this! This year it would have started on my birthday, too :sad2:

DH said we'll still go to WDW for my birthday and I can set up my scrapping stuff in the Contemporary lobby :rotfl:

:rotfl2::thumbsup2 Make sure you take photos!!!
Your DH is full of good ideas!!!!:thumbsup2

Awww I'll be there until Saturday but there is no way my husband & boys would let me crop - We will do a Character Breakfast Sat. Morning - thinking Pooh, anyone be there then???

Here it is:

We are working on new dates and locations under the new company. All previous locations and dates that were handled by Dream Events are no longer in effect. We're hoping to have some additional locations posted to the website soon. We will definitely be coming to FL, but it will not be at WDW due to the high prices and contract expectations.

This is soooo sad to read. I had been looking at the Event Path Unlimited page for the past week or so looking for information (which used to be posted by now, not open, but posted) and can only see three events for the next three months.

I will miss hanging with the DIS peeps!!! :sad1:

I know what you mean, it is sad to think I won't see my dis scrapping buddies at WDW. :/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter