SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

Lisa

<font color=royalblue>OMG, I think I am going to p
2009 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2109148
2010 - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283720

I haven't recovered from this years SDV, let alone put my scrapping stuff away but already I and several of my partners in crime are counting down to next year's SDV Orlando. It's what, only 361 days!! :goodvibes

Never too early to start planning, especially while things are fresh in the old memory bank of what we should and should not do for next year. For example, do not do the photo shoot with the photographer. If there is a magazine for "professional" photographers, this guy might submit our group pictures as what to look out for when dealing with group photo shots. :rotfl2::rotfl2: Apparently Following Directions 101 was not our strong suit. :lmao::lmao: snort, snort. When you see all my faces in the pictures, you will get the idea. :rotfl:

We talked about making pendants for our tables with everyone's given name on one side and their board name on either side. Love that idea. Talked about doing Chef Mickey for our Saturday breakfast, yum!!! Talked about making fleece pj bottoms and designing a new shirt. Everyone be on the lookout for fabric material that has references to scrapbooking. Talked about while although 8 can sit at the table set up, requesting that we do 7, and pay for the other spot if that is an available option. It would be nice to have a crop spot to set up cricuts and the such.

I know registration isn't until months away, and poor Nancy hasn't even sign the location contract yet, but I need something to look forward to, to get me thru this weekend's hurricane forecast and the upcoming New England winter. Who's in? and what would you like to do?

Lisa
Eilean (MomE)
Diana (dlbwright)
Jennifer (JandJ)
Stephanie (DisneyisTerrific)
Pam (tubachick)
Renee (rgionet)

I haven't recovered from this years SDV, let alone put my scrapping stuff away but already I and several of my partners in crime are counting down to next year's SDV Orlando. It's what, only 361 days!! :goodvibes

I know registration isn't until months away, and poor Nancy hasn't even sign the location contract yet, but I need something to look forward to, to get me thru this weekend's hurricane forecast and the upcoming New England winter. Who's in? and what would you like to do?

Lisa
Eilean (MomE)
Diana (dlbwright)
Jennifer (JandJ)
Stephanie (DisneyisTerrific)

Count me in (Hopefully!) What a blast this weekend was. Short, but SWEET!!!!

Hopefully everyone is hope safe and sound. Its Monday, and I am still somewhere in Indiana, but going to be home tonight by 11 pm or so (CST).

And remember we need a different color for Saturday, everyone had Pink on this year. Thanks for all the pre-planning everyone did for this year It was great and the favors were awesome!!!

Pam

You know I am so there!

I have a t-shirt design somewhere on an old hard drive that I can post to see who likes it. I can modify it too, and come up with different options. I think I have a photo of me wearing the design several years ago. Let me go see . . . yup . . .
Here I am in 2007:
ry%3D400

OK you can't really see the image, but darn, aren't I cute :rotfl: The picture has the castle and Mickey and it says "Scrapbooking Princess" and then my name and the date. We can modify it anyway we want though. And like tubachick said, we need something other than pink for Saturday. I didn't see a lot of blue Friday, though. We could do DIS green, but that's not a flattering color to wear. What about red or purple?

I'll make the pennants (those can be my table favors for next year!) but we should vote on colors. Another group has the Disney red-yellow-black already.

Definitely we'll do our own group photo. That "professional photographer" left a lot to be desired. I'll get those pictures scanned and posted this weekend, BTW. Some of us were talking about plastic tiaras in the photo next year, but that's totally optional. Much better than the fake Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders hats this guy was offering :eek:

So, I saw your post title and looked on the Dream Events website and I guess it is 3 days again next year, not 4 as we thought. They're also showing a pic of the Contemporary so maybe it will still be there. And, if it is, maybe Stephanie and I won't be out in our room in the back 40 acres of the resort!

Well I guess since it is assumed I will already be there, I guess I will have to come! :rotfl2:;) :lmao:

You know I am so there!

I have a t-shirt design somewhere on an old hard drive that I can post to see who likes it. I can modify it too, and come up with different options. I think I have a photo of me wearing the design several years ago. Let me go see . . . yup . . .
Here I am in 2007:
ry%3D400

OK you can't really see the image, but darn, aren't I cute :rotfl: The picture has the castle and Mickey and it says "Scrapbooking Princess" and then my name and the date. We can modify it anyway we want though. And like tubachick said, we need something other than pink for Saturday. I didn't see a lot of blue Friday, though. We could do DIS green, but that's not a flattering color to wear. What about red or purple?

I'll make the pennants (those can be my table favors for next year!) but we should vote on colors. Another group has the Disney red-yellow-black already.

Definitely we'll do our own group photo. That "professional photographer" left a lot to be desired. I'll get those pictures scanned and posted this weekend, BTW. Some of us were talking about plastic tiaras in the photo next year, but that's totally optional. Much better than the fake Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders hats this guy was offering :eek:

So, I saw your post title and looked on the Dream Events website and I guess it is 3 days again next year, not 4 as we thought. They're also showing a pic of the Contemporary so maybe it will still be there. And, if it is, maybe Stephanie and I won't be out in our room in the back 40 acres of the resort!

Jennifer, I love that picture!! You got the hand poses down pat. Next year you will have to give me lessons.

Well I guess since it is assumed I will already be there, I guess I will have to come! :rotfl2:;) :lmao:

Oh hush you, you said you were coming on the plane home. How did your closing go?

I did? Oh yeah I did! ;)

All went wonderful with the closing. I am an offical home owner in Coventry! :thumbsup2

:banana: I'm on the list for next year!!!! :banana: I can't wait!!!

Jen, love that picture! You should have been the one posing us instead of Mr. Photographer man. We probably could have followed your directions!

Diana, congrats on the house! Glad all went well with the closing!

Stephanie, that is so true! about Jen having us pose I think Jen got her arms right, unlike the person directly behind me, but we won't mention any names! :rolleyes1;)

Jen, I do love that shirt by the way! ;)

Great pictures in the other thread too by the way. Amazing to see that room empty. Crazy to see what a bunch of wild scrappin women can transform a room into! :rotfl2:

Diana - Congratulations on the closing! So glad it all went well!

Stephanie - Glad you got home o.k. How was Animal Kingdom?

Thanks for the compliments on my posing skills :rotfl:

I'll find the t-shirt design and post it so we can decide if we'd like it for next year. I don't see any reason why we can't do different designs each day if we like different ones.

Stephanie, that is so true! about Jen having us pose I think Jen got her arms right, unlike the person directly behind me, but we won't mention any names! :rolleyes1;)

:rolleyes1:rolleyes1

I'll find the t-shirt design and post it so we can decide if we'd like it for next year. I don't see any reason why we can't do different designs each day if we like different ones.

I do love the mickey palette graphic, however an additional design would be good too!

I'm in for next year - I was hoping for 4 days, but it looks like it is still 3 days :( It goes by too quickly!

I love that shirt design Jennifer - now if you had showed that to the "photographer" maybe he could have given better instruction!

I like the Disney Scrapbook Queen design too. I can't get to the design while I'm at work, but someone used the image to make one of the favors this year. It was a magnet. It is a black square with the words "Scrapbook Queen" in pink across the top, and a pink mickey head with a tiara and a wand. I have a shirt with the image on it. Maybe we could put our names and year or something inside the pink mickey head? Just a thought!

It's too early for me to know if I can plan to come next year, but I enjoyed this year's event. I wonder if a different shape than a pennant might be good for the table/space "flags". Maybe a lime-green mickey head (I didn't see anyone with that) since we're from DIS and don't want to do that for a T-shirt (I have a LG(MH) Disney t-shirt, tho -- I think I put Bambi on it). My daughter was surprised that we had nothing in lime green going on. Tinker Bell wings or something might be fun, since she's such a Diva, too (and lime green is perfect for her). A group in the other room had the Mickey hands. Getting grouped together better at the tables sounds good, and especially getting the extra unfilled space (if I come, I would definitely contribute to that; I had thought about getting two spaces for myself, but one worked out fine).

I'm really sorry I skipped the breakfast -- it's rather early for me, and I can't eat enough to justify buffet breakfast prices, but I would join in on that if I can come next year.

Have fun with all the planning! (Got prints made today, so have lots of pages to make to help pass the time).

Melissa, I hope you can come next year. We did try lime mickey heads one year, don't see why we can't again. That would be certainly easy to do with a cricut.

Melissa, I hope you can come next year. We did try lime mickey heads one year, don't see why we can't again. That would be certainly easy to do with a cricut.

I'll come up with some different options for penants/flags/banners/etc. and we'll pick one.

I just bought a lime green coffee/to go cup specifically for SDV :goodvibes

Hope you can join us next year, Melissa!

I have an idea for different shirts. How about black or white with lime green lettering?
I love the pink but there was so much pink this year I had a hard time keeping our people straight.

Color ideas that go with lime green??

Anyone have any connections to a DISigns person?

Zero to Hero also did some really cute Scrap Mafia shirts a few years ago for CKC, maybe she'd be willing to let us use those designs?

We also don't need to stick to the DIS Divas, we can come up with a different name. I got DIS Divas from another sub forum, I think the runners?

I won't be able to go, but I wanted to suggest iron-on vinyl. I'm actually expecting our first order today! I'm going to cut out a skull and crossbones with an eye patch and a bandanna for Pirate Night on the cruise. Even DH agreed to wear one ;)

We could always do bright orange shirts with our lime green Mickey!!! We'd look like Goofy, but we'd definitely stand out!!!:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter