SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

Oh my goodness! This truly makes me sad!! I loved SDV events. Nancy and Dale were always so nice to our group. I was soooo looking forward to attending the SDV in Florida again this year. What a bummer!

Thanks for posting, LindaBabe. This is so sad. Nancy is a very nice person and I will truly miss the SDV at WDW. When they initially changed their name I had concerns. I actually spoke to my FIL about it back then. He's an accountant and he said when companies close one day and re-open under a different name the next, it's usually financial problems. What a shame :sad2:

From a newbie...what is the price range for an event like this? Does it include room, food etc????

From a newbie...what is the price range for an event like this? Does it include room, food etc????

This one had been about $400-$500 per person depending on the number of people in the room but it won't be happening again at WDW from what we can tell. It included our place to sleep, 1 meal per day, and the place to crop.

Rebecca

Have any of you ever attended one of the Scrapbook Expos? They have one this year in Orlando at Gaylord Palms not too far from Disney. It looks to be similar to SDV except you build your own package. Just looking for feedback on how it compares to SDV. In light of the news from 2010 NC SDV, I do not feel comfortable going to another SDV even if they find another Orlando location.

Kelly

Have any of you ever attended one of the Scrapbook Expos? They have one this year in Orlando at Gaylord Palms not too far from Disney. It looks to be similar to SDV except you build your own package. Just looking for feedback on how it compares to SDV. In light of the news from 2010 NC SDV, I do not feel comfortable going to another SDV even if they find another Orlando location.

Kelly

I did, several years ago. In format, the one I attended resembled a CKC in that there was a vendor floor to which one paid admission, as well as individually priced classes and cropping at night.

Kelly

I feel the same way, Kelly! Not even with a "local" package! Will look into the Scrapbook Expo maybe for 2012!

Marylee pixiedust:

Kelly

I have attended the Scrapbook Expo in Orlando- 1 year with a day trip and last year I stayed overnight and cropped as well. I would say it is more like a CKC rather than a SDV. There are lots of classes and a room for cropping (if you pay for a ticket) as well as the vendor faire. The Orlando 1 has been pretty big in the past (although I noticed SEI is skipping out this year). Also CKC has added a Jacksonville one in Sept that I have thought about (depending on if I try to stay overnight at the Palms or just go for the day).

Rebecca

So there was an update on the 2peas thread. Looks like the NC girls are out of luck getting their money back. She is filing with the State Attorney Generals office.

OOOhhhh!! That time suits me good!!! I'll be keeping an eye on this if anyone else is interested.

It kinda suits me too, I could be there for part of Saturday and all of Sunday.

I'm really concerned, though, about giving those people my money. Guess I'd rather stay somewhere else where I make the reservation AND pay for it.

The other kicker is - I won't have any scrappy stuff - unless I change my mind and bring my lap top to photochop my two weeks of cruise photos.

The dates are fine for me, too (I'm only 1.5 hours from Orlando so anytime is fine), but like LindaBabe, I am also concerned about the company's finances and don't know if I want to give them my money.

:sad2:

sad about the changes and of course not being able to see everyone, and see the world before school starts in August.

So far, the dates suit me, too. I'd probably stay somewhere on DVC points to avoid risking being double charged for the room.

DS will be out of school & in the Navy's Basic Training before he goes to Groton, CT for a year or so.

Crop on!
Marylee pixiedust:

So far, the dates suit me, too. I'd probably stay somewhere on DVC points to avoid risking being double charged for the room.

DS will be out of school & in the Navy's Basic Training before he goes to Groton, CT for a year or so.

Crop on!
Marylee pixiedust:

Hey I know where that is!!!! LOL

Let me know if he ever needs a soft place to land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter