• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

SDV Orlando, 2011, Aug 26-28th

Mary Lee, I am only an hour away, and Buffy is even closer. I hope you come for a visit.

I'll be down in WDW for that weekend but like others hesitate to give the money considering the company's situation. Definitely would want to meet up with everyone at some time.

Was talking with DH and still deciding if we want to visit WDW that weekend anyway. Not sure I want to participate through this new company or not, I guess we'll see.

But was wondering how many other people were still going to be in the WDW area that weened?

:upsidedow

Attention scrappers-in-need of an Orlando fix!

I just got off the phone with Debbie Edwards, owner of Piktails, a scrapbook store in Orlando. She said we're welcome to crop there and can leave our stuff out til the next day or crop all nite if we wish.

There are restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Subway, etc.) and a grocery store in the same shopping center. She would allow us to run a tab for anything in the store we used. And would be willing to help find a nearby hotel if need be.
Their next event held in a hotel will probably be in May. I mentioned some of us might be there in September. Whaddaya think? Any takers?

Do you have any questions you'd like me to ask her? I'll collect a list & call her back!

Marylee pixiedust:

piktails.com
Piktails
4090 Town Center Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32837-6187
(407) 218-4630

Attention scrappers-in-need of an Orlando fix!

I just got off the phone with Debbie Edwards, owner of Piktails, a scrapbook store in Orlando. She said we're welcome to crop there and can leave our stuff out til the next day or crop all nite if we wish.

There are restaurants (Chinese, Japanese, Subway, etc.) and a grocery store in the same shopping center. She would allow us to run a tab for anything in the store we used. And would be willing to help find a nearby hotel if need be.
Their next event held in a hotel will probably be in May. I mentioned some of us might be there in September. Whaddaya think? Any takers?

Do you have any questions you'd like me to ask her? I'll collect a list & call her back!

Marylee pixiedust:

piktails.com
Piktails
4090 Town Center Boulevard
Orlando, FL 32837-6187
(407) 218-4630

It's easy to get to from any of the on- or off - property hotels. About 15 minutes out the Osceola Parkway (toll) from Animal Kingdom Lodge, for example.

I went to a regularly scheduled crop there a couple years ago. Best you should go with a group of your own friends - the 'regulars' pretty much ignore a stranger, even one who's obviously alone. They have a good selection of newer stuff and at least - used to be - a quickkutz dealer.

It's easy to get to from any of the on- or off - property hotels. About 15 minutes out the Osceola Parkway (toll) from Animal Kingdom Lodge, for example.

I went to a regularly scheduled crop there a couple years ago. Best you should go with a group of your own friends - the 'regulars' pretty much ignore a stranger, even one who's obviously alone. They have a good selection of newer stuff and at least - used to be - a quickkutz dealer.

I'll be in the area from Tues 9/20 - 9/27 if anyone would like to go there to crop/shop/visit!
American Airlines had a $72 each way flight from DFW! :dance3:

Minnie Ann & I went to Piktails August '10 to shop before the SDV and were warmly welcomed by the owner. Hopefully, they have different 'regulars' now! If not, I'll be just fine! :thumbsup2

Marylee pixiedust:

Today I received the following email from Event Paths. Given the cc problems other scrappers had at SDV, I have lost interest in going.

Date: 03/08/11

Re: Good News About The Orlando SDV September 2011!!!

Hello there, how are you today? Yes -- finally there is good news to be had at this time about the Orlando SDV 2011!! As of 4:30 PM today (Tuesday) EventPath Unlimited, LLC has reached a tentative agreement with the Doubletree By Hilton Hotel at the Entrance to Universal Orlando in Orlando, Florida. The paper work will be completed in the morning so we can move forward with the registration process.

The official weekend date for this year is September 23-25, 2011 with "Early Bird" attendee arrival set for Thursday, September 22, 2011.

We will be completing the attendee package pricing tonight to be posted the website and the attendee registration will open tomorrow (Wednesday) or at the latest Thursday of this week.

Jeff will be sending out the e-mail notice announcing the location and details of the registration opening to the public.

Thank you for your interest in this program and we hope to see you and your friends for this SDV weekend scrapbook retreat program.

Have a nice evening and take care.

Best Wishes & Happy Scrappin',

Dale L. Bohrer, Sr.
EventPath Unlimited, LLC

www.eventpathunlimited.com

EventPathLLC@aol.com

Wonder if the Doubletree knows what they are potentially getting themselves into?

I'd definitely buyer beware if people choose to go...

So sad. :sad1: We've seen each other every year since at least 2005, that was the first year I went. It's nice to see faces of people you read and interact with each day. :surfweb: I guess I'll see how this year goes and figure out a plan for future scrapping in the Orlando area. popcorn::

Unitl then, I guess I'll just start planning a "regular" trip to WDW!!! :idea:

Pam

So there was an update on the 2peas thread. Looks like the NC girls are out of luck getting their money back. She is filing with the State Attorney Generals office.

I was one of the NC attendees who had their credit card charged by the Sheraton. I just wanted to update that Nancy sent me a personal check to cover the amount I was charged.

I still don't plan to attend another event but I thought it only fair to post that I did get reimbursed (I think it was about 6 weeks after the charge that I got a check from her).

Other people that contacted her after me are being told it might take awhile to get them their money as she paying it personally.

I'm glad you got your money back Lisa! And I'm glad others are being reimbursed too.

But I'm with you, I'm not really willing to join another event. Which is sad really, we had a great group from here going.

Just saw there is a new crop at Disney in August. received an email today from Croptopia Getaways. They are coming to disney in late august - registration is opening next week.

Just saw there is a new crop at Disney in August. received an email today from Croptopia Getaways. They are coming to disney in late august - registration is opening next week.

I read that as well. I can't wait to see what the crop will be popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter