SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

I wish I could go! but with DH starting up company can't plan that far into the future. It would be a big trip for me to make just for the weekend with 6 hours flying and 3 hour time zone change, but I really wish I could go.

My mom doesn't visit us in the summer due to the heat (she's in Seattle) so wouldn't have anyone to watch DD (no other family here) if DH had to be out of town since her school starts the middle of Aug.

It would be so great to meet you all, so I will pray some :pixiedust: comes my way and somehow I will be able to go.

BMAB when will the cut off be to decide?

Lisa

BMAB when will the cut off be to decide?

Lisa

whenever they run out of seats I guess. The Yacht Club I think held 800 but I'm not sure. They still have several hundred seats available for this year so I would say July at the latest if you want to crop every day. Saturday typically sells out first.
Typically the date to have it paid off is mid July 2008 so after that you would have to pay in full.

How I wish I could go! But school will be back in session for me--we start mid August in our district.:sad1:

This year's is at the contemporary resort instead of the beach club. Do they generally switch around between the resorts at Disney.

Rebecca

This year's is at the contemporary resort instead of the beach club. Do they generally switch around between the resorts at Disney.

Rebecca

I guess it had always been held at the Contemporary. Last year when we signed up it was advertised as the Contemporary until about 8 weeks before IIRC. They changed it to the YC because of the construction at the CR, or at least that's what they told us, because the construction at the CR is till going on I think, so I'm not sure why it would affect last year, but not this year.

I prefer the YC myself: Stormalong Bay, Beaches N Cream, walking to Epcot and the Boardwalk. :sunny:

I prefer the YC myself: Stormalong Bay, Beaches N Cream, walking to Epcot and the Boardwalk. :sunny:

I would love to stay at the YC also. Do we know if the rate will be a little cheaper because it is the YC and not CR?

S:)

I guess it had always been held at the Contemporary. Last year when we signed up it was advertised as the Contemporary until about 8 weeks before IIRC. They changed it to the YC because of the construction at the CR, or at least that's what they told us, because the construction at the CR is till going on I think, so I'm not sure why it would affect last year, but not this year.

I thought it was because they sold out so quickly. :confused3

I would love to stay at the YC also. Do we know if the rate will be a little cheaper because it is the YC and not CR?

S:)

not sure because when I went when it was at the YC everyone had already paid the CR rate.

I'm interested, it sounds like fun.

cool I'll add you to the list.

I thought it was because they sold out so quickly. :confused3

I had read somewhere (either here or maybe the SDV board) that it was because of all the construction over there. And last year at this time they were re-doing all the tower rooms.

As for a little cheaper---I doubt it. Like BAMB said, we paid the same rate when they switched us. This year it's about $10 more than we paid last year I believe--but I don't think it's because of where it's being held, everything seems to be getting more expensive!!

please add me to the interested in going group. I would like to have roommate(s). Since I would be driving, I can bring extra cutterpedes, scissors and my cricut/carts as well as other things that people can't fly with.......

Just to "wet your whistle" for next year, the classes are posted for the 2007 Orlando SDV. I love all of them!:love: I'm teaching the Magic Pocketed Spiral Album. I just might have to sign up for a couple of the other ones that are offered! Decisions, decisions!!:laughing:

That Magic Pocketed Spiral Album is adorable.

So is the How to be a Princess and Table Top books.....I sure wish I was going this year.

I had an excellent time this year and can not wait to go back to the YC.
Just in case no one heard, Nancy and Dale are not having mixed room occupancy. Normally in my room 2 people come in on Wednesday and then 2 more on Thursday. They will not allow it anymore.
Do we have a count down for next year yet?

Tracy

I had an excellent time this year and can not wait to go back to the YC.
Just in case no one heard, Nancy and Dale are not having mixed room occupancy. Normally in my room 2 people come in on Wednesday and then 2 more on Thursday. They will not allow it anymore.
Do we have a count down for next year yet?

Tracy

Thanks for the info Tracy, I'm sure it was a nightmare for Nancy and Dale trying to figure out the room rate.

No countdown yet but I'm sure I can change that! LOL

event.png

Sounds like so much fun.:dance3: I'll check to see if I will be able to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter