SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

I overanalyze everything too. But I'm really glad someone else took this one on.
I'm on board for it all, except for the scrapping snacks. Unless they have local rates (you know, no hotel rooms pricing) I won't be scrapping. I still want to do the Secret Sister thing though! So count me in for dinner (with or without the family), TeeShirts, Photo Pass, P&P Party, and I'll find you in the parks if you want.

they do have local rates, check out the website and when you click on Orlando for this year scroll to the bottom. Those are the day rates.

I was at SDV last year and didn't think I'd go back b/c I didn't want to spend time at the crop, I wanted to be in the parks and I missed alot. But I'm going to be a FL resident in about a month, so I'm in with you guys!!

A note on the t-shirts, I was t-shirt organizer for the cruise group I was with last year and Cafepress worked great for us and our group was over 100 people. So, I can help with that part!

And I'll be local, so I can help out with anything. OMG did I just say I'll be local!!! :faint:

Hey!!! Long time no see!! How is PBLM??? I haven't seen either of you in a while.

So you're going local huh? Cool!!!! I hadn't even thought about Cafe express, I'm sure at some point I will be picking your brain!

Off to update the list!

Wow, the timing coincides with when I wanted to plan the family trip for 2008 anyway. I wonder if I can convince DH to take the kids to the parks for 3 days without me. I'd love to do this if I can buy in on the "locals" rate.

If not, there's one in July 2008 in Burlington, MA that I may try to attend. That's only 2 hours away for me by car:).

this was my favorite shirt!!!

79222DISShirt2.jpg

I want in... let me talk to DH --- see if he can manage with out me :rotfl:

they do have local rates, check out the website and when you click on Orlando for this year scroll to the bottom. Those are the day rates.

Actually they don't right now. This message is on the main page for the Disney one:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our contract obligations with Disney's Contemporary Resort, Local packages will not be available until we fulfill our overnight room requirements.
And they apparently haven't met their room requirement yet. We'll have to watch to see at what point the local packages become available for this year.

Actually they don't right now. This message is on the main page for the Disney one:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to our contract obligations with Disney's Contemporary Resort, Local packages will not be available until we fulfill our overnight room requirements.
And they apparently haven't met their room requirement yet. We'll have to watch to see at what point the local packages become available for this year.

well that stinks, but they do usually fill up their room requirements so I wouldn't worry to much.

Camp Hill PA has theirs up, I think the WDW prices were a little more expensive but not to much. It will at least give a target amount.

I sooo want to do this. I will have to wait and see what the family situation is next year (we may be trying for #2). I just did the SDV in Burlington and had a great time (Kim1964- I recommend it!). I couldn't imagine combining my two favorite things - Disney and scrapping!!! (umm...obviously favorite aside from my DH and DS. Good thing DH doesn't read these boards!).

DianaLyn- I am so jealous you will be a local!

I love the Tshirt design!

Hey!!! Long time no see!! How is PBLM??? I haven't seen either of you in a while.

So you're going local huh? Cool!!!! I hadn't even thought about Cafe express, I'm sure at some point I will be picking your brain!

Off to update the list!

PBLM is good. We were at a scrapbooking playgroup on Tuesday together actually.

Yes, we going local---well about an hour and a half away in Bradenton--but that's local compared to NY!! I just can't stand the snow and cold anymore and there's a GREAT scrapbooking store not too far from the house we've picked out! :rotfl:

The only "problem" with Cafepress is that you have to be careful with the graphic you design. It can't have any copyrighted image on it---like the Mickey in the graphic posted would be a no-no.

The best part though is that once you set up the shop, anyone can go in and order whatever they want, pay cafepress directly and it ships directly to them. So no, last calls the order is going in, no I got the wrong size---it makes life really really easy. I can post pics of the shirt we got from the Member Cruise last year. We had a small design on the front pocket area and a big design on the back, I want to say the regular shirts were 9.99 and there's always some sort of discount code out there. There's so many different items to choose from too--stickers, tote bags, mugs, every type of shirt imaginable---even THONGS!!!! :lmao: Oh and you can set the prices to be so you (as the shopkeeper) don't make any profit off it at all, which is what we did. As we get closer, I wouldn't mind being the "shopkeeper" , just not the designer---I'm definitely not a designer!! :lmao:

I will definitely keep them in mind as we get closer.
Is there any kind of minimum that we need to have?

No minimums, no start up fees---another reason it worked out so well for our last group. Usually when you get shirts printed, the first 20 shirts or so are pretty expensive and they get cheaper from there. With Cafepress the price is the price, you order what you want, when you want it. I had an experience where one person took on the task of ordering shirts from a local place. It turned into a fiasco, feelings were hurt, people felt they couldn't get what they wanted---from that experience we grew alot. AND the cafepress stuff was cheaper!! I know it sounds like I work for them, but I don't!! The experience I had with the shirts from my 05 shirts was completely different from the one I had with the 06 shirts. I'll pm you the link to the shop we had, I dont think I'm allowed to post it here. Zazzle offers the same type of service--but in my research (don't ask how I got this job!!) I found they didn't have the product selection and the feedback I got from other Zazzle customers was that Cafepress had better quality products.

Oh I really want to go! DD may have to go with me since she turns 16 on the 21st and I can't see not being with her for that.

No minimums, no start up fees---another reason it worked out so well for our last group. Usually when you get shirts printed, the first 20 shirts or so are pretty expensive and they get cheaper from there. With Cafepress the price is the price, you order what you want, when you want it. I had an experience where one person took on the task of ordering shirts from a local place. It turned into a fiasco, feelings were hurt, people felt they couldn't get what they wanted---from that experience we grew alot. AND the cafepress stuff was cheaper!! I know it sounds like I work for them, but I don't!! The experience I had with the shirts from my 05 shirts was completely different from the one I had with the 06 shirts. I'll pm you the link to the shop we had, I dont think I'm allowed to post it here. Zazzle offers the same type of service--but in my research (don't ask how I got this job!!) I found they didn't have the product selection and the feedback I got from other Zazzle customers was that Cafepress had better quality products.

What kind of time frame do they need?

Next we would have to come up with some kind of design. It needs to include the DIS, a computer, and scrapping stuff.

Any graphics designers out there? We can not include Disney trademark stuff though.

I can't believe I am under the weather for one day and all this goes on........

Can I play.....Can I play?

I would need roomies.

What kind of time frame do they need?

Next we would have to come up with some kind of design. It needs to include the DIS, a computer, and scrapping stuff.

Any graphics designers out there? We can not include Disney trademark stuff though.

I placed my order, it shipped the next day and I want to say I got it in two days. There were like 2 or 3 people in our group who ordered shirts and when they printed only the front design was there, not the back. They called cafepress and they reprinted them for them and shipped them the next day. They didn't even want the messed up shirts returned to them. That was the only problem we had with them and I want to say there were just over 100 orders from our shop (all DISers). Their customer service was awesome, which is another reason why I can't say enough good things.

I can help you with the shop---no graphic designing here though! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter