SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

In their cuting area, do they have a cricut? should one of us bring a Cricut? I'll be driving so it's easy to put Bella Bug into the car (yes I have named my Cricut). Then we can each just bring mats and carts?

I don't think they have Cricuts at least they did not in the past The only tough part for the cricut would be running power. I would have to look into getting tables near a power supply.

Or could we run back to the run to cut the items we need?? Not that we want to do all the running..but if we knew the night before what we needed... or cut what we needed that evening...
I need a name for my bug.. My DS named my crop-a-dile "Alligator"!

BTW, since this will be my first crop.. BAMB I need to know what to bring! Especially if I need to box and send it early!

The didn't have a cricut available last year, but it had only come out a couple of months before. BAMB is right, it's gonna be tough to get to power, as the room is gigantic and most of the vendors were by the outside walls (where I'd assume a power outlet would be). Hmm--guess we're gonna have to get a generator! :lmao:

As far as packing goes, I had found a really good packlist for folks traveling with supplies somewhere online that I used---I'll have to track it down and post it.

Could always leave it in the room and have a designated time for cutting? Just trying to get those that don't have a bug at their disposal take advantage

If we are near each other could we have those of us from closer by bring anything bigger that we needed. I will be driving up so it is easy to take whatever I need with me.

Looking carefully over the site about SVD I would think it might be hard to get a table with power avaiable. We could keep it in a room and cut what we needed at one time.

I won't be bringing my craftrobo pro with me but I can precut some connected titles if people want. I run it off my desktop so it is too much to bring along besides it would take up all of my table space.

I would also be willing to bring a box home and ship it from here to your house if you can't take all your things home easily and don't want to pay shipping rates from Disney.

Rebecca

Could always leave it in the room and have a designated time for cutting? Just trying to get those that don't have a bug at their disposal take advantage

Definitely---or even keep it at the table with our stuff and then go into the hallway or other classroom that's not in use to cut.

I'll have mine and I'm pretty good with sharing! ;)

Or could we run back to the run to cut the items we need?? Not that we want to do all the running..but if we knew the night before what we needed... or cut what we needed that evening...
I need a name for my bug.. My DS named my crop-a-dile "Alligator"!

BTW, since this will be my first crop.. BAMB I need to know what to bring! Especially if I need to box and send it early!

My bug is "Cri-Kee", like my avatar.

Cricut - bring your own mats, I will bring and extra set of blades for our Bug lady. We will have to rely on our local scrappers for the bug, I'm not going to try to bring mine on the plane.
there may be power outlets in the floor so we shall see.

ME - asked on the SDV board and ME is available but no one was sure if they had talked to Dale and Nancy (the SDV people) or if they talked to WDW.

Tools - I ship all of my tools. Now when I say all I mean stuff I use all the time. So between now and then look at what you use daily and write it down.
There will be enough of us there though that I'm sure we will have at least one of everything.

Supplies - I kit everything in advance I don't cut all my mats and tags but I do gather my pics, find paper to go, and find embellies. If I have room I will bring some extra stuff with me. There are tons of vendors there so you will be able to find what you need. They also have this thing called scrapper in need. The SDV people will get on the mic and say "HELLO" to which we answer back "hello" it's really funny. Anyway they will announce scrapper in need and then say what you need. People bring an amazing amount of stuff so I'm sure someone will have what you are looking for.
They also have a table set up in the front where people put stuff they don't want. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Sitting together - When we get a final list together I will e-mail it to Dale and Nancy so we can all sit together We can make flags and signs so we know where we are. The yahoo group makes a big red Y, so I figure we can have a lime green mickeyhead. Maybe we can con one of our sisters with an expression to cut out a few for us.

The room at the Yacht club is huge!!!! I'm trying to think of a place at WDW that is the same size, bigger than most of the restaurants I would say. God I wish I had pics!

Diana it was 8 to a square right? 4 on one side and 4 on the other. The tables are 2 people to an 8x4 table 4 tables to a square if I remember correctly.

Man, I'm getting excited already and its over a year away... OH and during CKU I'll be locating all the LSS and my car seats 4 (other than me) so we can do store runs :D

Maybe not, but I can be kind of nutso myself, so I think I can handle you two

I'm not so sure.....have you met Buffy yet?!!:scared1: ;) ;) No, I am just kidding, she is one of the best.:hug:

Cricut - bring your own mats, I will bring and extra set of blades for our Bug lady. We will have to rely on our local scrappers for the bug, I'm not going to try to bring mine on the plane.
there may be power outlets in the floor so we shall see.

ME - asked on the SDV board and ME is available but no one was sure if they had talked to Dale and Nancy (the SDV people) or if they talked to WDW.

Tools - I ship all of my tools. Now when I say all I mean stuff I use all the time. So between now and then look at what you use daily and write it down.
There will be enough of us there though that I'm sure we will have at least one of everything.

Supplies - I kit everything in advance I don't cut all my mats and tags but I do gather my pics, find paper to go, and find embellies. If I have room I will bring some extra stuff with me. There are tons of vendors there so you will be able to find what you need. They also have this thing called scrapper in need. The SDV people will get on the mic and say "HELLO" to which we answer back "hello" it's really funny. Anyway they will announce scrapper in need and then say what you need. People bring an amazing amount of stuff so I'm sure someone will have what you are looking for.
They also have a table set up in the front where people put stuff they don't want. At least that's what it looked like to me.

Sitting together - When we get a final list together I will e-mail it to Dale and Nancy so we can all sit together We can make flags and signs so we know where we are. The yahoo group makes a big red Y, so I figure we can have a lime green mickeyhead. Maybe we can con one of our sisters with an expression to cut out a few for us.

The room at the Yacht club is huge!!!! I'm trying to think of a place at WDW that is the same size, bigger than most of the restaurants I would say. God I wish I had pics!

Diana it was 8 to a square right? 4 on one side and 4 on the other. The tables are 2 people to an 8x4 table 4 tables to a square if I remember correctly.

That sounds right. I remember a bunch of people at our table didn't show up, so we were pretty excited to have the extra space.

I'm sure we'll go into this more as time goes on--but my big tip is to bring some sort of shelf to build "up" your workspace, because there's not much room to keep your tools. I was amazed by some of the set ups these girls had!!

As a local I'd be happy to do any supply runs before or whatever you guys need. WOW--did I just say I'm going to be local again!!!! Sorry, the whole idea hasn't quite sunk in yet. We've got about another 6 weeks here in NY and I haven't taken the time to actually realize it is FINALLY going to happen for us until I think of this!

As a local I'd be happy to do any supply runs before or whatever you guys need. WOW--did I just say I'm going to be local again!!!! Sorry, the whole idea hasn't quite sunk in yet. We've got about another 6 weeks here in NY and I haven't taken the time to actually realize it is FINALLY going to happen for us until I think of this!

6 weeks??? you better get packing!! Need some help? I'll drive the U-haul down, just pick it up at POR, K? ;)

I have a 14yo...but school is in session so she can't go.. and cross country season... but I say bring her along bobcat!!!

LOL! Faerie doesn't know what we would be like together!!! I wonder if she is really up for the task of handling us!
Ok, I'm sure I can hand you two! After all, I do handle 26 - 28 5th grades all day long! Two mothers should be nothing!
S :)

:scared1: :scared1:

That Navy time was a baaaaad influence on you.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter