SDV August 21-24 2008 WE'RE HOME!!!

Hi everyone. SDV this year was a blast! Stayed up way too late, didn't get that much done, ate too much...but I had a great time!

Due to the construction, we were given a lagoon view room in the main tower. :woohoo: My friends had a Magic Kingdom view room. We were so excited and planned to watch the fireworks Saturday evening.....only to find out that there would be no fireworks due to "Night of Joy". :sad2: I was so bummed, if we had know, we would have watched them Friday night.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Michelle at Scrapbook Central has two of the Magic Pocketed Spiral Album kits left for sale. The kit has color pictures, all paper is precut and has complete instructions. If you are interested, please contact her at www.scrapbookcentralonline.com. The kit retails for $25.00.

Can't wait until next year!

Due to the construction, we were given a lagoon view room in the main tower. :woohoo: My friends had a Magic Kingdom view room. We were so excited and planned to watch the fireworks Saturday evening.....only to find out that there would be no fireworks due to "Night of Joy". :sad2: I was so bummed, if we had know, we would have watched them Friday night.

Glad you enjoyed your time but if it makes you feel any better Night of Joy was on Friday night too so you wouldn't have seen any fireworks then either.

Rebecca

Me Me Me!!!!
I will be going - This will be my 5th Orlando SDV (now the sad thing is that I live about 45 minutes from Burlington, MA but haven't made that SDV yet becuase the timing never seems to work out!). I usually sit with some of the folks from the Yahoo group, but I would love some roomies this year to make it more affordable! I don't spend much time in the room as I tend to scrap until anywhere from 1 to 5 am!!!

There is a cricut machine to use in the crop room so you just need to bring any cartridges you want to use and I think your own mat.
You can use Magical Express and we were given a group reservation Magical Express line to call (there was also an online link to use) and set up our reservations.

The vendors are awesome and you can usually find just about anything you need. I tend to purchase much of my paper from scrapbookcentral as they bring a HUGE selection of Bazzill.

Kathi, I took your Magic Pocketed Spiral Album and it is AWESOME!!! Not sure if you remember me, but I won a prize in your class for being the person in the class that came from the furthest away! I highly recommend anyone to purchase the kit as you won't be disappointed!

I think the T-shirt idea is really cool!!! Love it! Also, love the idea of a big group meal!

Kathi, I took your Magic Pocketed Spiral Album and it is AWESOME!!! Not sure if you remember me, but I won a prize in your class for being the person in the class that came from the furthest away! I highly recommend anyone to purchase the kit as you won't be disappointed!

Yes, I remember you!! I'm so glad you enjoyed the class. I already have ideas for next year. Some of my friends have asked for something "more girly", so I'm thinking of a princess theme.

I missed the cricut machine, but then again, I only went to the back of the room once! My table was up front and Scrapbook Central was up front, so I didn't have to wander too far. LOL

We have our reservations for our 2008 trip. I will definitely be at WDW during this time period, but I won't be able to attend the SDV. I'm hoping you all will have a dinner one night that I can attend....I'd love so much to meet you! As we get closer to the time, I'll check here to see if ADR plans are being made. DH wants to take a day and do the Richard Petty Driving Experience, so I think I'm entitled to one evening "off duty", too:).

We have our reservations for our 2008 trip. I will definitely be at WDW during this time period, but I won't be able to attend the SDV. I'm hoping you all will have a dinner one night that I can attend....I'd love so much to meet you! As we get closer to the time, I'll check here to see if ADR plans are being made. DH wants to take a day and do the Richard Petty Driving Experience, so I think I'm entitled to one evening "off duty", too:).

Cool!!! I'm thinking a Sat (8/23) night dinner somewhere, maybe Whispering Canyon unless we want to walk to Epcot for dinner. I'll probably start taking suggestions soon, the 180 day mark is 2/25/08.

I vote for WC.
Since I'll be staying at the Lodge, it'll be easier for me to convince the guys to go to the pool, Mommy needs some time with her "other" family.

Wow, we'll be at WL, too, so WC would be perfect!! We check into POFQ for 4 nights on 8/14 so my 180+10 days starts 2/16. I can always make the ADR for the group for 8/23:). Let me know!

Our vacation doesn't start until 8/18, so you get to make the reservations earlier.
Hopefully after the holidays, we get a better number of how many to make the reservation for.

I figure I might make the ressie for a few extra but if people have to cancel we'll either find others to fill the space or I'll just leave the ressie with extra, that way we don't lose our time slot.
I was thinking of going through Grand Gatherings, think that's a good idea?

If Dyan's thread about where should she eat is any indication, finding a place that we all agree on is going to be a challenge!!!

Kim, I'll let you know once we decide what to do!

The thing with the GG is that you need to have at aleast 8 people tied to their reservation system that are staying on site. You can make the hotel reservations with anyone (TA, AAA, them), but then you need tie the reservation numbers together under one "code name".
Once you have that, then you can use the GG people to help make the reservations. You can then also do all the special GG events, character breakfast, special safari/dinner, epcot dinner & fireworks, MK fireworks cruise. All cool stuff, but you need that GG reservation to do them.

The thing with the GG is that you need to have at aleast 8 people tied to their reservation system that are staying on site. You can make the hotel reservations with anyone (TA, AAA, them), but then you need tie the reservation numbers together under one "code name".
Once you have that, then you can use the GG people to help make the reservations. You can then also do all the special GG events, character breakfast, special safari/dinner, epcot dinner & fireworks, MK fireworks cruise. All cool stuff, but you need that GG reservation to do them.

technically we have more than 8, especially if we count spouses and kids but we will have multiple reservations. I guess I need to call GG this weekend and feel them out.
Do we want anything else like a character meal or fireworks seating???

Oh man I so want to go with you guys!!! But my DH decided this past year that he won't go to WDW in the summer anymore...I'm so sad! Can't wait to see the scrap pages you do down there!

Oh man I so want to go with you guys!!! But my DH decided this past year that he won't go to WDW in the summer anymore...I'm so sad! Can't wait to see the scrap pages you do down there!

Some of us are leaving the DHs at home! I am not crazy about the idea of Florida in August, but this may just be the one thing that can get me to brave the humidity!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter