Project 365 ~~ JAN 09

I'm on the ban wagon....so I'm going to make my own pages.. I need to sketch it out..but I have an idea that I hope will work... somedays are really hectic so hopefully I'll remember to take a photo...if not a book will be written! LOL
Nan, you could just print a copy of your At Least 3 Things list on the days you forget! :thumbsup2:lmao:

I think I read on the link NEE posted that this is available beginning at 9 am MST. Now, I don't do time zones, but I think that's 11 a.m. Eastern time. Am I right?? I'd hate to miss it because I am unskilled at time!! :rotfl2:

I think I read on the link NEE posted that this is available beginning at 9 am MST. Now, I don't do time zones, but I think that's 11 a.m. Eastern time. Am I right?? I'd hate to miss it because I am unskilled at time!! :rotfl2:

I have no idea, but I'll ask DH in the morning. I think he will have to order this for me.

I love the idea that it's all "set-up", too. It might not have been the album I would have chosen, but then again, I'm behind 2 years. . .so me choosing an album isn't exactly successful!! :rotfl2: Now, though, I start thinking. . .what will I do with the extra birthday pics/Halloween pics, etc.? So, I'm thinking I will do this (project 365), and then have just a "celebrations" album which I won't feel as much pressure to GET DONE RIGHT NOW!!!

Tell me what y'all think about this. . .I'm thinking about getting one for my mom, but not telling her (sticky part #1 there!!). I'm going to take DS's pic every day (while my page might not always be his pic. . .though it will be for the most part!!) and journal for her in the book. Then, I'll give it to her for Christmas next year. Mom is the one who keeps DS while I'm at work, so it'll be a "special" gift from him to her. Do y'all think that's a good idea??

I think it sounds like a great idea. Our last baby will be arriving Jan 6th & I'm thinking of doing this as his baby book & adding some extra pages for the important events. I think it would be amazing to see him changing daily. Some days I'll do body parts, clothes, toys, places. The journaling is the best.

I think I need to look into this. DH is getting deployed (again) and this would be a great gift for him I think. Is there someplace where all of the information is or do I need to read through pages of the blog?

If you go to her blog, the dates that have videos about & pictures/descriptions of the kit are: 09/12,22,23, 10/22. I spent a good chun of today searching for them.

Susan - Sorry to hear DH is deploying again. Once was definately enough for me (& DH for that matter). I think this would be a fantastic idea for him. I was going to do a book for DH while he was gone (What we did while you were away). I just found trying to scrap all the events he was missing too overwhelming & way too sad for words. So, I think this would be good b/c it will just be the daily stuff w/ a bit of the important thrown in. Depending on how your DH is about keeping things like this safe & clean. You might even want to send him the sheets weekly/monthly as you get them done. Instead of waiting until he gets home to see everything. Or you could photocopy the pages & send those instead. We (the kids & I) made DH a book to take w/ him of all the things we love doing w/ him or about him. I know there were many times he looked through it while he was there & had a good cry. If you need anything, even to vent PM me. There is a fantastic website www.militarysos.com Its for signigicant others & spouses. You will always be able to find someone to talk to at 4am when your friends & family are fast asleep. And many someones who really are going through the same thing as you & DO understand. HUGS to you in the coming months.

If you buy the kit & do it, it will help you keep track of all the events you do throughout the year. This will help when you go to scrap event pages.

I just went on the CM website & priced the pocket pages. They offer 15 for $20. Each pg has 10 pockets. That's w/out the papers, etc. Its starting to look like a better deal than i thought.

DON"T forget to set your camera to the correct date. You can download them to dropshots for free & it will store them in date order. So that way you can keep track of what days you took the pics & print them when you can. Use your journal cards everyday & put them right into your albulm.

What do you all think of me using it as my son's baby albulm & adding pages for special events? He's arriving January 6th.

I never would have thought of something like this, and now I've almost talked myself into buying the album. We'll have to see how I feel after the PRK tomorrow...

Maybe this is why I was away from this board for a while. I come back and now I'm ready to go shopping. I LOVE this idea, and plan on starting as soon as my new camera arrives. A good way to force myself to practice with it every day. The album colors aren't really my style though so I'm going to have to get creative now.

Nan, you could just print a copy of your At Least 3 Things list on the days you forget! :thumbsup2:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: that is way too funny!!!!
right, but funny!

me too. i can't do the time difference thingy. :confused3

I saw something about this Project 365 and like the idea but didn't really know how to start. After reading this thread, I have a few ideas. :thumbsup2

I'd rather do it all digitally but I still am totally inept at Photoshop. I have a program called LumaPix and I can use that. It's a lot easier than Photoshop but it's not as powerful either. You are more limited in what you can do.

If you go to her blog, the dates that have videos about & pictures/descriptions of the kit are: 09/12,22,23, 10/22. I spent a good chun of today searching for them.

Susan - Sorry to hear DH is deploying again. Once was definately enough for me (& DH for that matter). I think this would be a fantastic idea for him. I was going to do a book for DH while he was gone (What we did while you were away). I just found trying to scrap all the events he was missing too overwhelming & way too sad for words. So, I think this would be good b/c it will just be the daily stuff w/ a bit of the important thrown in. Depending on how your DH is about keeping things like this safe & clean. You might even want to send him the sheets weekly/monthly as you get them done. Instead of waiting until he gets home to see everything. Or you could photocopy the pages & send those instead. We (the kids & I) made DH a book to take w/ him of all the things we love doing w/ him or about him. I know there were many times he looked through it while he was there & had a good cry. If you need anything, even to vent PM me. There is a fantastic website www.militarysos.com Its for signigicant others & spouses. You will always be able to find someone to talk to at 4am when your friends & family are fast asleep. And many someones who really are going through the same thing as you & DO understand. HUGS to you in the coming months.

THanks. I'll check out that site. DH is in the reserves so I don't have the same kind of network as I imagine the full time army does. I like the idea of keeping it simple. It is the daily, non-important stuff that I know he will miss the most. I wanted to do this the last time he went but I never got myself together. He leaves for training this month -- he is a chemical officer, but they are training him in civil affairs. He'll leave for Iraq in May, 1 year boots on the ground there. Not sure whether to start this now, when he leaves for training, or in May.

If you buy the kit & do it, it will help you keep track of all the events you do throughout the year. This will help when you go to scrap event pages.

I just went on the CM website & priced the pocket pages. They offer 15 for $20. Each pg has 10 pockets. That's w/out the papers, etc. Its starting to look like a better deal than i thought.

DON"T forget to set your camera to the correct date. You can download them to dropshots for free & it will store them in date order. So that way you can keep track of what days you took the pics & print them when you can. Use your journal cards everyday & put them right into your albulm.

What do you all think of me using it as my son's baby albulm & adding pages for special events? He's arriving January 6th.

It sounds like a great price to me.

I LOVE!!! the idea of using this as a baby album. It will be so cool to look at the difference between week one and week 20, 35, 50 etc.

It is the daily, non-important stuff that I know he will miss the most. I wanted to do this the last time he went but I never got myself together. He leaves for training this month -- he is a chemical officer, but they are training him in civil affairs. He'll leave for Iraq in May, 1 year boots on the ground there. .

:hug: :hug:

I decided to start my book on Jan 1, but I will put it in the correct spot for the week and use the couple of blank slots to put a few pics of us from Christmas and the journaling to put a few of our fav things...kinda like a little intro.
I want my 365 to be Jan 1 - Dec 31 of '09.

I decided to start my book on Jan 1, but I will put it in the correct spot for the week and use the couple of blank slots to put a few pics of us from Christmas and the journaling to put a few of our fav things...kinda like a little intro.
I want my 365 to be Jan 1 - Dec 31 of '09.

THat is a good idea. I decided I can't wait. We (DD8 is really interested in it too, so I think that will help me keep on track) are starting as of yesterday, so it will be a Monday - Sunday book. I already have today's photo -- DD6 reading a book on his own for the first time!

Journaling will be hard for me, but DD will be glad to help out with that part.

I am going to do this digitally. I just really don't like the kit. :) love the idea, just not the kit. I also like the idea of starting it on jan 1st. maggie

I think that sounds so great!! Seeing the changes would be so neat!!

I think I need to look into this. DH is getting deployed (again) and this would be a great gift for him I think.

:hug: I think this would be a great gift for him. I hate it that he's getting deployed again! We think that BIL will be deployed again later this year. :hug:

THat is a good idea. I decided I can't wait. We (DD8 is really interested in it too, so I think that will help me keep on track) are starting as of yesterday, so it will be a Monday - Sunday book. I already have today's photo -- DD6 reading a book on his own for the first time!

Journaling will be hard for me, but DD will be glad to help out with that part.

Ok, I thought about starting Jan 1st, and I almost had myself talked into it, but I'm like you, I'm too excited!! ;) The 2009 family album can start on January 1st, but I think my proj 365 book can start this past Sunday!

You know what would be really neat? If we could find a way to post ours (or what we wanted to share--maybe even just a list of what the pics are) at the end of the year! I wonder if we'd have similar type pics or different ones? I may also keep a typed list of what each day's pic is so that I can put an "index" of sorts in the front or back.

Ok, I thought about starting Jan 1st, and I almost had myself talked into it, but I'm like you, I'm too excited!! ;) The 2009 family album can start on January 1st, but I think my proj 365 book can start this past Sunday!

You know what would be really neat? If we could find a way to post ours (or what we wanted to share--maybe even just a list of what the pics are) at the end of the year! I wonder if we'd have similar type pics or different ones? I may also keep a typed list of what each day's pic is so that I can put an "index" of sorts in the front or back.

I like the index idea. It would help with keeping out the repeat photos! I just showed DH and he has convinced me to start on Jan 1st. I am still going to do Mon through Sunday weeks, so that will leave the whole left page blank for the 1st week. There are 5 in my family so I will use the empty spots for an intro photo and info -- one 4x6 spot for each kid, 2 small journal spots for each adult. I will take a photo on Jan 1st, 3 x4 and use the remaining 3x4 space for a sort of trading card -- name, age, likes , dislikes, goals.

DH is pretty sure you are correct -- 9am MST = 11am EST

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter