Project 365 ~~ JAN 09

I like the idea of the album- I am not sure about justifing the expense- although I have my own Christmas money so I know I have the money to get it. I wonder if I could get a 8.5 by 11 album and then add in a set of the baseball card holders and do the same thing with smaller pictures and a bit less journaling. I am not apt to journal every day and I tend to use smaller pictures more anyway. I am going to think about it and check on the price when it becomes available.

Rebecca

So, I'm thinking I will do this (project 365), and then have just a "celebrations" album which I won't feel as much pressure to GET DONE RIGHT NOW!!!

Tell me what y'all think about this. . .I'm thinking about getting one for my mom, but not telling her (sticky part #1 there!!).
I like your idea of having a seperate Celebrations album! I will probably do Project 365 in addition to another scrapbook or two. I just can't help myself from designing pages! :rolleyes1

Giving Project 365 to your Mom is such a sweet idea! Good thinking! :thumbsup2

I don't love love LOVE the album either, but I don't think I could/would ever be able to put it together myself. (but now you guys have me wondering if I should try, LOL) Actually, I think it would be fairly easy to personalize .... a 4x6 piece of cardstock with our own stickers/embellishments could replace some of the 'week of' cards.... some 2x3 cardstock w/stickers/etc could replace some of the journaling cards. A bunch of 2x3 pics would work in place of journaling some days. (ooh, just looked at the video on the blog again, the 'week of' and the journal cards appear to be blank on the back, so I think I will just turn over and decorate (or not) any that I don't love the pattern for.

I believe that you buy it at www.kitofthemonth.com (since the is the CK kit for January) and the only think I saw about the price is 'under $40' (which 39.99 is, LOL)

I

I'm going to take DS's pic every day (while my page might not always be his pic. . .though it will be for the most part!!) and journal for her in the book. Then, I'll give it to her for Christmas next year. Mom is the one who keeps DS while I'm at work, so it'll be a "special" gift from him to her. Do y'all think that's a good idea??

when I went back to work after ds, my mom watched him for awhile....she took (not every day) a bunch of pics of him at her house and things that they did together...and gave it to me for Christmas that year. It was SO special, so I know your mom will love:love: :love: that gift!!

Ok, I'm sold! Definitely going to do that for my mom!! Just have to remember to take pics every day!!

The funny thing about the album is this--I am OBSESSED with journaling. The majority of my pages have much more journaling on them than embellishments. And I journal in my own handwriting. It's not the prettiest, but it's there! That's one of the things I'm most looking forward to in the Project 365--the journaling cards! It's like "permission" to journal everyday!! :rotfl2:

I love the idea, but I'm just the opposite about journaling. I hate to do it!

I was thinking of using a couple of my many many albums, and just doing the daily pics, and journal for the week. I can't justify the kit at $40 right now, especially with all the scrap crap I already own...

I think I'll join in, but do my own thing, starting on 1/1/09 (gives me a few days to get going...)

I have so much to catch up on. I'm not sure if starting a new project is that great of an idea. But, at the same time, I wouldn't get behind on this year too. Who knows. But I love the kit & doesn't sound too expensive for what you get in there.

The kit doesn't go on sale till 1/1/09 and I think (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) you can purchase the kit from the link posted but you must click "Products" at the top of Becky's blog.

thank you!

SIOH- i think it's a great idea to give it to your mom at the end of the year!

I am VERY interested in this project and hope to order the kit. I think having it all ready will make me more likely to DO it than if I tried on my own. Maybe if I accomplish it in 2009 I can do it on my own in 2010??

The picture-a-day is also a reason why I am asking about printing wallet-sized photos on another thread. I know that I will have to "cheat" and have more than one photo some days...

Jill

SIOH - great idea for you mom. I made a scrapbook for my dh this year (it made him get teary-eyed) and this would make a great gift for him for next year.

I'm afraid that I wouldn't do this if I didn't buy the kit so I'm thinking if I decide to get it, I'll be taking it out of next year's Christmas money :)

On her blog of 12-27, it says to "capture" something for each day, so you could put in receipts, tickets or other ephemera, plus you could add extra pics in the journaling spaces, if you don't want to journal for every day.

I wouldn't want to give up traditional scrapping either - I love feeling creative and showing off what I "created". I may have convinced myself out of the kit, hmmmm.

This would also make a great thing to look back on over next year's holiday, maybe make it a New year family tradition.

I went and dug out my magazine for the first time this morning. I think it's definitely a neat idea. I'm not crazy about spending money on the first day of the "Ban" but I know I would never do it on my own if I didn't have the album and kit pieces ready to go.

If you go here: http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/content/view/17561/
you will see the kit will be $39.95 but if you are a CK reader, you can get 10% off to make it 35.95.

It ends up being under $0.15 per day for the year...

Thanks for the link NEE, I will definitely use that! (If I decide to get it! LOL)

So I was looking for pocket page protectors, and I found some that were 6 4x6 pockets per page...$10 for 20 sheets. That's 10 weeks a pack (if I'm thinking this through correctly). So that's 5 packs for the year, at $50.

Ummmm...I'm really talking myself into the kit... Do you think they will sell out right away?

Deb, I do think they will probably sell out fast...I'm pretty sure that some of the other KOTM's have sold out.

I think I need to look into this. DH is getting deployed (again) and this would be a great gift for him I think. Is there someplace where all of the information is or do I need to read through pages of the blog?

I went and dug out my magazine for the first time this morning. I think it's definitely a neat idea. I'm not crazy about spending money on the first day of the "Ban" but I know I would never do it on my own if I didn't have the album and kit pieces ready to go.

If you go here: http://www.creatingkeepsakes.com/content/view/17561/
you will see the kit will be $39.95 but if you are a CK reader, you can get 10% off to make it 35.95.

i see it there NEE but will i need a code to order it?

I think I need to look into this. DH is getting deployed (again) and this would be a great gift for him I think. Is there someplace where all of the information is or do I need to read through pages of the blog?

i clicked on products on her blog but it's not there yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter