Parks dress code?

Absolutely love this.

I was not defending those who stare or make comments in my posing this question. I too feel they need to be responsible for themselves. I was merely drawing attention t the fact that based on creepers or cultural or religious beliefs you are going to have those who stare or make comments.
If you have strict cultural beliefs, for example believe in having arms and legs covered, hijabs, burkhas, etc…I think you you have to go with the expectation you can control your own attire, but you can’t, and neither is it okay to, control others.

And if your principles are not the same as others, then simply look the other way and go enjoy the park, which is presumably what you went there for in the first place.

Gee, I wonder is my Dyngus Day t shirt that was belatedly removed here would cause trouble with WDW security. ;)
LOL, I didn't even notice your thread was gone! Do we need to rename you "BadAngie"? Although, given the thread, that could be taken multiple ways :D :D
If you have strict cultural beliefs, for example believe in having arms and legs covered, hijabs, burkhas, etc…I think you you have to go with the expectation you can control your own attire, but you can’t, and neither is it okay to, control others.

And if your principles are not the same as others, then simply look the other way and go enjoy the park, which is presumably what you went there for in the first place.
This :)

Right? I am also greatly offended by men in tank tops and flip flops who haven't groomed, showered or cared for their feet in months - maybe years. I vote we worry far less about what women wear and focus a lot more on MEN. Let's dissect their poor dress and personal care. :rotfl:
Shhhhh shh - focus on the women. It’s the women’s fault. *goes back to his lack of personal hygiene 🤣
Men certainly have to capacity to be offensive in their dress as well.

I am not sure where it would end. I guess I was playing devils advocate and arguing in the interest of inclusivity. That seems to be a buzz word these days but there can never be inclusivity for all. I guess that was the point that I was trying to make. To be inclusive to those who want to run around in next to nothing would be not inclusive to those of differing cultures who that would offend. Those who preach tolerance are the ones who are least tolerant of those who do not think the way that they do.
The irony is there is inclusivity for all. I am at the parks 3-4 times a week, I see people in shorts, tanks, hijabs, covered, not covered, fat, thin, tall, short and you know what it’s really nice!!

If all of a sudden I started seeing everyone in a very similar style of dress I might begin to worry.

Yes, extremes at either end of the spectrum should be enforced within the stated rules. But for the most part, live and let live.

I just have to say that my bras show way more than a bikini top. That’s all I got.
most Underrated response. That made me chuckle!!

I'm just so tired of seeing the "He/I gave me/them the D" shirts that a few expecting parents have worn like...Obviously! We don't need the notice!
This one says everything you need to know about the person wearing it. Rolls eyes and moves on…she wanted the D, but couldn’t find it.

I agree with a lot of what you stated so clearly. As I said in an earlier post I was kind of putting this out there to see others opinions and to play a little devils advocate. I myself am not overly religious and even though I am older and would prefer that Disney enforce their dress code standards a little more stringently, just based on family atmosphere. I cannot personally dictate what others are allowed to do or not to do on private property. However the Disney Corp. can and they do have a dress code.

I do understand the arguments for inclusivity and the problem that people have with my argument that a person of a more modest nature should be able to go to the parks and enjoy them without being made uncomfortable. I get that they can simply stay home if things make them uncomfortable believe me. I get that. But I also argue that they shouldn't be forced to choose not to go and unfortunately for some cultural and religious differences and beliefs, that is the choice that has to be made. So my argument is that for those people there is no consideration made for their feelings or beliefs. Like one poster stated there will never be inclusivity that welcomes everybody. There is so much diversity that there will always be differences that just cannot be overcome.

Lastly, you stated "how is this still the mentality, that others need to conform to your personal beliefs?" I would say that looking at things from your perspective people with you beliefs on inclusivity do this same thing. There are several controversies going on in society today were lines are drawn along religious lines and those on your side of the argument basically say there is no validity to the other side of the argument. There are always two sides and there will always be one side that has the louder voices and shuts the other side down. I would just argue that we should all just listen to the other side of the argument and at least respect the opinion of those on that side, because it may be rooted in deeply held cultural or religious values. Just because you do not hold those values does not make them any less important or valid to those who do. I think Tolerance is what is most important and I would argue that my position is the more tolerant as I am not saying stay home or stop coming to the Parks I am just saying follow the dress code or Disney enforce the dress code and make the environment inclusive for all that wish to attend. You are arguing stay at home and don't tell me what to do, I don't care at all how you feel.
If my personal beliefs were such that I knowingly and willingly went to a place that was going to cause me discomfort. Arguably, I might be better to stay away.

The parks are in Central Florida, with guests coming from all over the world., with people of all nationalities and cultures. You need to expect the spectrum of clothing choices.

My DW never wears shorts. Her legs are always covered and that’s largely cultural btw. She would never let her beliefs and modesty infringe upon others.

We agree if there’s a rule, it should be enforced…but this is not about the rule. This is about my first paragraph

A person can't leer and feign innocence, if one leers then the offense is on them for having poor self control. There is a difference between noticing and standing dumbstruck like a deer in headlights. If a person can't coexist then they should pull themselves away, the burden is on them.
One is not so ignorant to think they won’t be “viewed” if they put the “extreme” on display? Nudity in the appropriate setting does not offend me. Previously stated, there’s a time and place for everything. Putting one’s wares on display in a family friendly setting is thumbing their nose at another’s values for disrespect or shock purposes. Is it really okay not consider another’s feelings? Maybe this is where some of us part ways.

One of the biggest problems today…no respect for others or differing opinions. Nudity and/or showing a bit of skin and vulgarity are two different animals!

Last edited:
I’m ready! I dressed as a Mouseketeer for Halloween a few years ago and still have the outfit, including the tap shoes (which would be excruciating to wear in the parks as there is NO padding or support inside). Imagine a whole park full of people wearing tap shoes . . . 😱
The tap shoes may make waiting in line more fun, we could tap out Disney tunes, or have tap dancing challenges.

Well, that's less crazy than some of the people I see in Orlando in hoodies when it's 100 degress out! There are crazy people out there I tell you!
I saw a lady in a puffer coat in 85+ degree heat. Granted, she was older, but still. I was ready to melt.

Interestingly, I'm traveling for work and one of the neighbourhoods near me is home to some of the most traditional/conservative sects of one of the main religions. They have signs in the neighbourhood (note, not any sort of gated/private area) that (a) ask people not to bring tour groups through the neighbourhood and (b) try to enforce a dress code for visitors (not legally enforceable as far as I can tell - my outfit met the criteria anyway, so I didn't worry).

I’m the mom of 2 volleyball players. I’ve seen more cheeks than I care to in my lifetime. I’ve noticed the trend from my oldest to youngest (7 years apart) that pulling spandex to show your bottom are now more the norm, in travel season especially. Does it make me uncomfortable? Yes, but only because at some of these venues these teen girls’ bottoms are literally 6 inches from spectators’ faces when serving. And I’m an 80s kid who grew up with Bermuda shorts, so I know my definitions of modesty are different than my girls’. Shopping for clothing with them now is a whole different topic.

HOWEVER, there are also girls that play in leggings with below the knee skirts. They’re allowed to do that, so they can be included in the sport. That’s inclusivity. I’m sure their families are more uncomfortable than I, but they knew that going in and made the choice to be there.

As long as the relevant parts are covered who cares? It's hot in Florida...
I thought this, overall it doesn't bother me, but, then, would you want to be in line surrounded by sweaty, shirtless men? A line has to be drawn somewhere, I suppose. It's possible to dress for the weather and still leave something to the imagination.

Apparently, some are wearing scanty outfits to get free shirts. :sad2:

I thought this, overall it doesn't bother me, but, then, would you want to be in line surrounded by sweaty, shirtless men?
I feel like that would be more of a personal space issue than a clothing issue. I don’t really want to be close enough to touch sweaty people, whether they are completely covered or not. I know we can’t help sweating on a hot Florida day, but we can avoid being smashed together like sardines. Even before social distancing was a thing, I always allowed a buffer of space between myself and others in the park, even if it meant I had to be the one to move.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter