Parks dress code?

Then either they are the wrong people, they are not properly trained in a way that works for them or they are from a culture where constant asking or checking is required depending on where they are in the hierarchy.

My French colleagues didn't want to do what I asked, only if manager was in CC. My manager trusted me to do what was needed, but the French have a different system of hierarchy than us. It was annoying and my managers inbox was overflowing because of it, but that's what you get when cultures have to work together. You have to find a middle ground.
No, this isn't about hierarchy, they just don't know how to do the job at the same level. It is their lack of training but that is hardly fair to those who are better at their job to have to constantly do other's jobs too. They use the offshore people to keep things going 24 hours, so when the US people are sleeping, the off shores are supposed to be doing the job, but they mess things up. It is a problem that they have been trying to "fix". But sadly, in big companies, the higher ups only see numbers, not reality.

My feet don't sweat (not kidding) and with regular mani pedis my feet are amazing! 🥰 Crocs are also my version of mud shoes. Not going to ruin leather sandals and wet sneakers are gross! 😈
Scotch guard your shoes. It makes a huge difference.

No, this isn't about hierarchy, they just don't know how to do the job at the same level. It is their lack of training but that is hardly fair to those who are better at their job to have to constantly do other's jobs too. They use the offshore people to keep things going 24 hours, so when the US people are sleeping, the off shores are supposed to be doing the job, but they mess things up. It is a problem that they have been trying to "fix". But sadly, in big companies, the higher ups only see numbers, not reality.
What are the Off-shores wearing though? That is the question. Hopefully not stinky Crocs

say it ain't so. not sure what's worse. Sweaty feet in crocs or soaking wet, wrinkled feet, from rain and walking through puddles, in crocs. Crocs are just a bad idea.
I wore black Crocs with black footie-type socks on our last WDW trip. I *loved* them. My feet were still sore at the end of the day because of the walking, but markedly less so than if I'd worn sneakers. I do think they look like duck feet.

However. My sister also wore Crocs and a week after we got home her big toenail fell clean off. She blamed the Crocs.

I wore black Crocs with black footie-type socks on our last WDW trip. I *loved* them. My feet were still sore at the end of the day because of the walking, but markedly less so than if I'd worn sneakers. I do think they look like duck feet.

However. My sister also wore Crocs and a week after we got home her big toenail fell clean off. She blamed the Crocs.
Tell her I blame the Crocs as well. :D

You have a say in what your wife wears?
My husband can certainly have an opinion in what I wear. Doesn't mean I have to listen lol. It's not like wives don't tell their husbands what to wear occasionally. You certainly don't think all those men wearing matching shirts at Disney chose that do you? :rotfl2: Or just magically happened to wear a coordinating outfit for family pictures?

I don't get it. Why does it matter what someone else wears on their feet?
It honestly doesn't, unless said footwear reeks of putrid toe jam that the rest of us have to smell while we're trying to eat or enjoy a ride. Crocs, sneakers, flip flops, heels, etc.; I really don't care unless I have to smell it.

I don't get it. Why does it matter what someone else wears on their feet?

It doesn’t, anymore than it matters what others wear to the parks long as the footwear & clothing are within Disney’s rules. Which is what most posters here have been saying.

Hey, my crocs don't get stinky! Plastic is good for something. Wash, dry, go again! 👟
Spray them down with Dawn Powerwash Spray fresh scent and rinse..easy peasy It also contains isopropyl alcohol..smells good AND disinfects.

say it ain't so. not sure what's worse. Sweaty feet in crocs or soaking wet, wrinkled feet, from rain and walking through puddles, in crocs. Crocs are just a bad idea. The only setting I ever feel comfortable seeing crocs in are on nurses, techs etc. in the medical field, with scrubs. Not sure why? I also prefer them with socks in this setting as I still perceive a sweaty foot in a plastic croc when there are no socks present.

Can’t wear crocs with holes at my hospital for safety reasons. Blood and/or bodily fluids can seep through the holes.

Some religions have much higher standards for dress and how much skin can be shown. So logically people of those religious beliefs will be offended by those who are dressed very provocatively. I am only trying to gauge if there is a standard that can be set and enforced that would allow for all to be comfortable in the parks.
Perhaps you should rephrase this to "Some religions have DIFFERENT standards for dress" rather than higher standards. I personally think that some religions impose oppressive dress standards, particularly on women. I don't consider those to be higher standards because women have to cover up more.

Some of us don’t view it any differently. We don’t over-sexualize a woman who is showing more skin in one context over another. That's what the people making the ogling comments aren't getting. For some people, nudity is not sexual. Just because a woman has some skin showing, doesn't mean that she is trying to "turn you on" or is giving you an open invitation to act like a creep.
I get what you are saying and I agree. Skimpy clothing does not equal provocative clothing.

Now, how does this translate to people who dress their children provocatively? A little romper or sundress is one thing, but what about crop tops or low rise pants on grade schoolers?

The ones angling for free clothes should just be told to leave and change
Absolutely. This became a game once social media posts indicated Disney would give dress code violators a free t-shirt. Disney created this problem but can easily fix it in the way you suggest.

I’m the mom of 2 volleyball players. I’ve seen more cheeks than I care to in my lifetime. I’ve noticed the trend from my oldest to youngest (7 years apart) that pulling spandex to show your bottom are now more the norm, in travel season especially. Does it make me uncomfortable? Yes, but only because at some of these venues these teen girls’ bottoms are literally 6 inches from spectators’ faces when serving. And I’m an 80s kid who grew up with Bermuda shorts, so I know my definitions of modesty are different than my girls’. Shopping for clothing with them now is a whole different topic.

HOWEVER, there are also girls that play in leggings with below the knee skirts. They’re allowed to do that, so they can be included in the sport. That’s inclusivity. I’m sure their families are more uncomfortable than I, but they knew that going in and made the choice to be there.
Same here - but track rather than Volleyball.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter