Parks dress code?

I feel like that would be more of a personal space issue than a clothing issue. I don’t really want to be close enough to touch sweaty people, whether they are completely covered or not. I know we can’t help sweating on a hot Florida day, but we can avoid being smashed together like sardines. Even before social distancing was a thing, I always allowed a buffer of space between myself and others in the park, even if it meant I had to be the one to move.
For me it would be both. You can't always get as much space as you might like in theme parks and, then, I'd prefer my neighbors to be dressed for a hot theme park, rather than a hot beach!

But I feel we're talking about extremes here, anyway. 👙

Last edited:
Interestingly, I'm traveling for work and one of the neighbourhoods near me is home to some of the most traditional/conservative sects of one of the main religions. They have signs in the neighbourhood (note, not any sort of gated/private area) that (a) ask people not to bring tour groups through the neighbourhood and (b) try to enforce a dress code for visitors (not legally enforceable as far as I can tell - my outfit met the criteria anyway, so I didn't worry).
Sounds like a cult compound.

I feel like that would be more of a personal space issue than a clothing issue. I don’t really want to be close enough to touch sweaty people, whether they are completely covered or not. I know we can’t help sweating on a hot Florida day, but we can avoid being smashed together like sardines. Even before social distancing was a thing, I always allowed a buffer of space between myself and others in the park, even if it meant I had to be the one to move.
Now that everyone is getting more comfortable being around others again, are we now going to have to have this discussion? About people getting too close? I was hoping that keeping your distance was going to stick around longer. But I noticed last year that many have lost the personal space mentality.

Last edited:
I don’t care how much skin anyone exposed, I just hope they’re wearing SUNSCREEN.

I thought this, overall it doesn't bother me, but, then, would you want to be in line surrounded by sweaty, shirtless men? A line has to be drawn somewhere, I suppose. It's possible to dress for the weather and still leave something to the imagination.

Apparently, some are wearing scanty outfits to get free shirts. :sad2:
As long as the sweaty men don't touch me or smell awful I can deal.

The ones angling for free clothes should just be told to leave and change.

The "look" required will depend on the job. If you're hiring for a customer facing position, and two candidates are equal except one shows up for the interview in slacks and a collared shirt, the other shows up in ripped up jeans and a concert T-shirt, I will ALWAYS hire the one that dressed "up". Heck, it doesn't have to even be customer facing.

If the one that isn't "well dressed" is head and shoulders above other candidates, before they get an offer, there's going to be a discussion about appropriate clothes for the work place.
Of course, but only if you add qualifiers into the middle of the discussion. Customer facing position isn't what was being discussed. Job performance vs. dress is what was being discussed.

To combat your response, if you're holed up in a windowless office or cubicle hen pecking away at a keyboard, the way you dress should not matter. As equal of a response as yours is.

Of course, but only if you add qualifiers into the middle of the discussion. Customer facing position isn't what was being discussed. Job performance vs. dress is what was being discussed.

To combat your response, if you're holed up in a windowless office or cubicle hen pecking away at a keyboard, the way you dress should not matter. As equal of a response as yours is.
Which it why it's super easy to offshore. If all you want is talented employees for the least amount of money, you can't beat offshoring resources. The only reason to hire domestically is for face to face talent above and beyond what can be done strictly behind a keyboard.

Which it why it's super easy to offshore. If all you want is talented employees for the least amount of money, you can't beat offshoring resources. The only reason to hire domestically is for face to face talent above and beyond what can be done strictly behind a keyboard.
My husband works with a bunch of "off shore" people. They don't know squat. They are constantly either messing things up, that my husband and his office mates need to fix, or they just flat out keep asking how to do something. They are cheaper, that is about it.

My husband works with a bunch of "off shore" people. They don't know squat. They are constantly either messing things up, that my husband and his office mates need to fix, or they just flat out keep asking how to do something. They are cheaper, that is about it.
Then either they are the wrong people, they are not properly trained in a way that works for them or they are from a culture where constant asking or checking is required depending on where they are in the hierarchy.

My French colleagues didn't want to do what I asked, only if manager was in CC. My manager trusted me to do what was needed, but the French have a different system of hierarchy than us. It was annoying and my managers inbox was overflowing because of it, but that's what you get when cultures have to work together. You have to find a middle ground.

Don't look down. They're all wearing Crocs.
Be nice, Rose Gold. You probably just offended 50% or more of the DIS. :D :D :D

I have a lovely picture of a guy in sandals and socks, but run the risk of offending someone since I was also the one who posted the pic earlier of the guy in the short shorts and head band. LOL

But first impressions CAN matter, regardless of the job. Someone who shows up for a interview in ripped up jeans and concert T-shirt, IMO, tells the interviewer "I don't care about appearances." That may not be a bad thing, but if they don't care enough when they're trying to impress someone, does that mean they don't care about following procedures? Will they be "sloppy" in getting the job done?

No, it does not PROVE anything in regards to job performance, but as a former hiring manager, it would definitely make me wonder.

In the sense that others must conform to what you think, no, there isn't any difference at all.
It's early and I haven't had coffee yet, but I don't think I understand what you are saying. Because oogling doesn't have anything to do with what I think. Pretty sure even the creeps oogling know that they are doing it, and know that it's creepy and makes people uncomfortable, they just don't care.
So it will be alright for me to wear shorts and a worn out Metallica t-shirt to V&A?
It would not affect my meal or experience in the slightest, so go for it. Tho that particular place has very specific rules outlined, and likely enforced, whereas most do not.
Some of us don’t view it any differently. We don’t over-sexualize a woman who is showing more skin in one context over another. That's what the people making the ogling comments aren't getting. For some people, nudity is not sexual. Just because a woman has some skin showing, doesn't mean that she is trying to "turn you on" or is giving you an open invitation to act like a creep.
This!!!

Be nice, Rose Gold. You probably just offended 50% or more of the DIS. :D :D :D

I have a lovely picture of a guy in sandals and socks, but run the risk of offending someone since I was also the one who posted the pic earlier of the guy in the short shorts and head band. LOL
Not offended. I wear crocs to the park when it's raining.

Not offended. I wear crocs to the park when it's raining.
say it ain't so. not sure what's worse. Sweaty feet in crocs or soaking wet, wrinkled feet, from rain and walking through puddles, in crocs. Crocs are just a bad idea. The only setting I ever feel comfortable seeing crocs in are on nurses, techs etc. in the medical field, with scrubs. Not sure why? I also prefer them with socks in this setting as I still perceive a sweaty foot in a plastic croc when there are no socks present.

say it ain't so. not sure what's worse. Sweaty feet in crocs or soaking wet, wrinkled feet, from rain and walking through puddles, in crocs. Crocs are just a bad idea. The only setting I ever feel comfortable seeing crocs in are on nurses, techs etc. in the medical field, with scrubs. Not sure why? I also prefer them with socks in this setting as I still perceive a sweaty foot in a plastic croc when there are no socks present.
My feet don't sweat (not kidding) and with regular mani pedis my feet are amazing! 🥰 Crocs are also my version of mud shoes. Not going to ruin leather sandals and wet sneakers are gross! 😈

I don't get it. Why does it matter what someone else wears on their feet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter