******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been here in quite some time but reading all of this has my blood pressure through the roof :crazy2:. My question is...we have nothing booked yet as I've heard that the more people who book, the less likely free dining will be offered because there is no need for a promotion if all the rooms are booked. But now I'm getting super nervous,lol. We are hoping for a suite at AOA November 25-dec 3rd. Would I have better luck staying up all night Sunday (we live in Canada..not sure what time free dining is supposed to come out?) and trying to get it myself, or would a travel agent have better luck than I would?

My advice will always be book yourself if you can so you're in control, you can always transfer to a TA if you prefer. Or, have them book it as well and cancel yours if they get it.

Nobody cares as much as you about your vacation ;)

The prices I found are these -

To upgrade from QSDP to DDP it's $21.16 for adults / $4.07 child
To upgrade from QSDP to DxDP it's $58.49 for adults / $17.87 child

Hahaha! I was trying to figure out numbers for a previous poster and used the wrong number first, then used the right number, then asked about the upgrade cost by fat fingering the number I actually used! I used 58.49 and didnt even realize I wrote 59.49 until you posted that! I have the world's smallest fingers bit still manage to fat finger everything I type on my phone. I miss my non-touch screen basic phone. I didn't sound so drunk and unintelligent when I typed back then....

Would I have better luck staying up all night Sunday (we live in Canada..not sure what time free dining is supposed to come out?) and trying to get it myself, or would a travel agent have better luck than I would?
I'm sure you will get lots of thoughts on this however I would never again use a travel agent for free dining. We booked our reservation once (and only once) with a TA because we had a DCL cruise booked with her and I thought it would be easier all around if she booked everything. In the mean time I booked three other rooms for family members who decided to go with us on the WDW portion of our trip. I sent her a message when I heard free dinning was coming out asking if she could make the for us. The morning it dropped I was able to change the bookings I had made with no issue however all I received from the TA was a form letter she sent to all her clients asking we not bother her, if she could make the change she would contact us and let us know. I didn't hear from heart all that day and it was stressful. I managed to get FD for all the others going with us but I did not know if I would get it.
Save your self the worry and just do it on your own. Again, JMO and I'm sure lots will have other thoughts. I just know what I learned from my one time experience and never again.

My advice will always be book yourself if you can so you're in control, you can always transfer to a TA if you prefer. Or, have them book it as well and cancel yours if they get it.

Nobody cares as much as you about your vacation ;)

Do you happen to know what time it is usually released? :-)

Math Check needed!
I'm just trying to 100% make sure that the RO discount is better for us than FD but I keep getting numbers that are very close/similar.
-2 adults staying at the Poly (9/13-9/22- 10 days, 9 nights) standard view
I don't remember what our average room cost per night was since we booked in Feb. and on the website they have no availability now for those dates. I looked at the same days but a week earlier (9/6-9/15) and it shows up as an average of $458/night (w/o tax) for Poly standard view. Would one week difference be a huge change in price?
I have also put what we will likely be eating (with the exception of snacks at F&W) and our ADRs into the dining calculator (distripplanner.com) to see how much we will pay OOP for food (1 dessert per meal and 2 snacks per person per day) and that comes out to $1569 roughly. However even with a dining plan all of our meals would not be covered. So with an average of $458 and an assumed 30% discount that is $137 per night x 9 nights for $1,236 savings. FD for a deluxe $69.35 per adult/night = $1,248.30 savings. But we would still pay OOP almost $244 for meals not covered by DDP. And now my brain hurts from all of the numbers.......

P.S. We are going regardless of discounts as this is our Honeymoon but a discount would be nice!
Just for 2 adults on deluxe... RO works better... and on ******* chat somebody mentioned.. some TA has special RO discounts which are almost equivalent to FD.. Better check there u might get a better deal

I'm in Stockbridge frequently, my daughter has chemo at Piedmont Henry Hospital.

Looks like we'll be at Disney at the same time.

Terri

How is she doing and how much longer does she have? I had chemo a few years ago, hope to never have to do it again. Prayers up for her!
Our favorite times of year to visit are Sept and Feb. Hope you all have a fantastic time!

Guys now I'm just running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I've got to get it together. pixiedust:

Now there will be 5 of us. My DH will only be joining us for 3 of our 10 nights. Now I'm trying to decide if it's worth it to pay for him like he's with us the whole time and get those extra Dining credits or book a second room for him on those three nights and pay OOP. Also debating whether we should just upgrade to a deluxe to get all five of us in one room. Can anyone tell me which deluxe resorts accommodate 5?

From our experience- WL and AKL don't accommodate 5. CR and Poly do. I think at least some rooms at GF, BC and YC do also. Not sure about BW.

My DH is not a Disney fan either. He went once 2 years ago and hated it. Said it is unlikely he will go back and I'm like GOOD. LOL. There is nothing worse than traveling to Disney with a non-Disney person. So now it's just me and the kids and everyone's happier. BUT with that said.... the cabins are considered Deluxe but I believe they are excluded from FD traditionally. Not positive.

My Mom added on with me and kids 4 weeks before we left last November. I had to re-do all my ADRs, FP+.... I literally wanted to kill her. LOL.

I don't want anyone to be confused by this, but the Fort Wilderness cabins have traditionally been considered MODERATES and have been included in free dining. The new Copper Creek cabins are deluxe (should be at over $2000/night) and no one knows yet if they will qualify for free dining.

Since you've done this online queue thing before, can you tell me a little more about it? You say to keep hitting refresh, so that doesn't mean I'm jumping out of line over and over again? Would it help to have multiple devises? If I'm using my 3 laptops, 2 iPads and all 4 phones in the house, would that mean I'm in line 9 times?
In the past multiple devices do help because then you're entered into the queue several different times. I keep hitting refresh on everything until i get into the queue. once in you can continue to hit refresh but it doesn't matter because it remembers your spot in line. Sometimes I find that my desk top moves faster than my iPad. DO NOT get scared if initially it said over an hour wait....I often get that and within 5-20 minutes I am into the website!!! It usually moves very quickly and the times tend to be off.

Just for 2 adults on deluxe... RO works better... and on ******* chat somebody mentioned.. some TA has special RO discounts which are almost equivalent to FD.. Better check there u might get a better deal
Thanks I must have missed that on the chat.

In the past multiple devices do help because then you're entered into the queue several different times. I keep hitting refresh on everything until i get into the queue. once in you can continue to hit refresh but it doesn't matter because it remembers your spot in line. Sometimes I find that my desk top moves faster than my iPad. DO NOT get scared if initially it said over an hour wait....I often get that and within 5-20 minutes I am into the website!!! It usually moves very quickly and the times tend to be off.
Great, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter