Disney cruise line transportation from Disney's All star music hotel

Kevin O'Brien

Mouseketeer
The transportation from my Disney hotel All star music resort was an easy process. They don't leave letters in the room now it's delivered by email the night before. Staff were very helpful at the desk to go through it with us. Bags get picked up in the morning of the cruise just leave them in the room and just go for breakfast after breakfast I went to the Disney cruise line representive just to let him know I'm here he was nice and friendly when it was time to go to the bus just show the representative photo ID and just before the bus departed the representative had a Mickey glove and was waving. On the bus they had Mickey Mouse episodes and trivia on the TV screens.

The email can come anywhere from the day before to 2 days before. I think ours was about 48 hours before sailing.

What time did the bus depart your resort? Did you have any other pickups?
We met the DCL representative at 9.15am at All Star Music resort them just waited in the lobby them he called us over when it was time to board the bus so the bus was about 9.45am and one stop at Art of Animation Resort to pick people up them to Disney cruise in Port Canaveral we arrived before they started the embarkation process.

How did you like the hotel? We usually stay the night before at a hotel by the airport. Our 2025 cruise is the day before my dd's 17th bday, so I'm thinking about flying to Orlando 3-4 days early to go to WDW before the cruise. If we do, we'll stay in a WDW resort.

How did you like the hotel? We usually stay the night before at a hotel by the airport. Our 2025 cruise is the day before my dd's 17th bday, so I'm thinking about flying to Orlando 3-4 days early to go to WDW before the cruise. If we do, we'll stay in a WDW resort.
Yes I loved the hotel Disney all star music resort it has 2 swimming pools calypso, and piano pool. There was a film on TV screen each night of my stay. I bought a refillable mug as it worked out cheaper than paying for soda's, teas and coffees separately.

@lklgoodman - the budget WDW resorts are motels - without the advantage of parking close to your room.

I still consider them a decent stay, despite their age. They have renovated the All-Stars over the past few years. You get Disney theming and transportation. But you are staying in a cinder block building; you have to know your own sense of aesthetics.

Being Florida, there is the risk of a moldy smell; we had to request a different room, which was better, but strongly smelled of cleaning agents.

My favorite aspect is the pools. BIG, basic pools. Really nice, especially compared to the watering holes you get on any ship.

The food courts are also more basic, which serves my sense of taste and budget . Especially when the word Disney is associated with my vacation.

My favorite Disney properties are Animal Kingdom Lodge and Aulani - and I only stay there when I can stay there the entire day. No going off-property.

We stayed at Wilderness Lodge for a first trip for many in our party. As it’s a deluxe resort, it’s pricey. You don’t have a good, basic, set of food options.

But the pool, the boat access to MK, and the lobby are great selling points.

However, in 2005, the room decor and linens were very unimpressive. AKL really wowed me in the rooms (and the animals outside my balcony).

We often stay in hotels or timeshares away from the parks.

@lklgoodman - the budget WDW resorts are motels - without the advantage of parking close to your room.

I still consider them a decent stay, despite their age. They have renovated the All-Stars over the past few years. You get Disney theming and transportation. But you are staying in a cinder block building; you have to know your own sense of aesthetics.

Being Florida, there is the risk of a moldy smell; we had to request a different room, which was better, but strongly smelled of cleaning agents.

My favorite aspect is the pools. BIG, basic pools. Really nice, especially compared to the watering holes you get on any ship.

The food courts are also more basic, which serves my sense of taste and budget . Especially when the word Disney is associated with my vacation.

My favorite Disney properties are Animal Kingdom Lodge and Aulani - and I only stay there when I can stay there the entire day. No going off-property.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was one of the budget hotels. My dd went to WDW and Universal for the first time this past March with her high school marching band. She said Animal Kingdom was her favorite, so staying at their Lodge would be best if we go to AK. She also said she liked Universal more than the other WDW parks. I've been to WDW(25 yrs ago) but haven't been to Universal so we may go there. Our cruise isn't until June 2025, but I want to decide and book something soon. Thanks for the info.

Thanks. I didn't realize that was one of the budget hotels. My dd went to WDW and Universal for the first time this past March with her high school marching band. She said Animal Kingdom was her favorite, so staying at their Lodge would be best if we go to AK. She also said she liked Universal more than the other WDW parks. I've been to WDW(25 yrs ago) but haven't been to Universal so we may go there. Our cruise isn't until June 2025, but I want to decide and book something soon. Thanks for the info.
Just to be clear - all 3 All-Stars (Music, Movies, and Sports) are the bottom tier of Disney resorts. Pop Century is one level up (or maybe with All-Stars), then Art of Animation.

Pop Century has the advantage of the Skyliner (overhead trams) to EPCOT; Art of Animation uses them, too, with a little farther walk (really, it depends on your actual building for so many things in these big complexes.

Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom (and Hawaii’s Aulani) are all Deluxe level, with prices to match - hence the reason I don’t pick them for a typical parks vacation. They are the park for a day. But they are definitely a treat. Grand Floridian, Contemporary and Polynesian would be super splurges for me - they are the Monorail hotels near Magic Kingdom. There are others, just threw those in.

There are 3 "tiers" of WDW resorts -- value, moderate and deluxe -- and they will have a very wide difference in price. All Star Music vs Animal Kingdom Lodge will be a significant difference.

Value resorts: All Stars (Music, Sports, Movies), POP Century and Art of Animation
Values are the more "budget" priced, though I wouldn't really associate them with Motel 6. They are exterior corridors, themed pools without slides or hot tubs, quick service dining only (no table service), very highly Disney-themed with larger-than-life icons, etc. A couple of resorts offer family suites that sleep up to 6, otherwise most rooms accommodate up to 4.​

Moderate resorts: Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans (Riverside and French Quarters), Coronado Springs, and for now the "old" Cabins at Fort Wilderness
Moderates are sort of "intermediate" priced between the values and deluxes. Most of these are also exterior corridors; themed pools offer a little more with slides and hot tubs and some have a splash pad area for young kids, and there are also more basic quiet pools around the resort; both quick service and table service dining options (usually 1 of each); themed but not so much in-your-face-Disney IP. A couple of resorts offer rooms that sleep 5 but most rooms accommodate up to 4.​

Deluxe resorts: Grand Floridian, Contemporary, Polynesian, Beach Club, Yacht Club, Boardwalk Inn, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness Lodge
Deluxe are the highest priced, but should not necessarily be confused as a luxury resort. Interior corridors; pools with slides and hot tubs, maybe a splash pad, there are also more quiet pools around the resort (without the bells and whistles); more dining options both quick service and table service; more subtly themed but still Disney touches. Some rooms sleep 4, some 5, some resorts also offer suites, and some resorts have club level accommodations as well.​

Villas: Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Riviera, Animal Kingdom (Kidani and Jambo), Beach Club, Boardwalk, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Bay Lake Tower (at Contemporary), and Wilderness Lodge (Copper Creek and Boulder Ridge)
These are timeshare resorts, though most share facilities with a deluxe resort. They are also bookable direct from Disney. Amenities include a kitchenette and laundry as well as those items listed for deluxe resorts.​

That's the basics. If you are unfamiliar with Disney resorts I suggest you check out the WDW website because each resort has it's own unique theme and feel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter