******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool! So basically, the DxDP room will just "pay" for our TS meals and the QSDP room for our QS meals.

We're staying from 09/02-09/09. So, 7N/8D. No parks on the arrival or departure dates, doing 4 days PH. 2 of the other days, we will visit Universal (so we wont use the credits during these days except for breakfast).

Our previous arrangement was all DDP for 5 adults. So, we had 40 QS credits and 40 TS credits. Changing it to 3A QSDP and 2A DxDP, it gave us 48 QS credits and 48 TS credits. (if I understood it correctly)

Right now, we have 3 meals/day for our park days, 2 in our arrival day, 1 for Universal days, 1 for departure. LOL. I have a surplus of snacks and QS credits (like around 13). Good thing it will be the Food and Wine Festival then...soooo much eating LMAO.
Glad you're able to benefit from this! Just keep in mind, Dining credits are based on the number of nights you stay not number of days.

So for 7 nights:
3 people w/QSDP=42 QS credits and 42 snacks

+

2 people with DxDDP=42 TS credits and 28 snacks

=

42 TS, 42 QS, and 28 snacks to share among the five of you.

My thoughts..., even if the offer reads, 'x nights, y days of tickets' it's always worth asking if you want to do less. Disney seem to post a 'general' ad but there are many variations of that available.

My thoughts are based on the BounceBack offers that are advertised in resort rooms. They state available at Moderate and Deluxe resorts but I have always (6 years and counting...) been able to book a value resort when I asked.

If the offer states ' a minimum if x nights and y days required' that's one thing but the offer may not be worded that way.

Just my .02

First time poster here! We have a reservation at POR from 8/24-8/30. We have never been there before. We go to Disney about every 3 years. Last two times we stayed at BC and YC. Really can't afford Deluxe prices this year... I'm sad about the QS offered at the moderates. I'm sitting here wondering what I can do to earn extra money to upgrade....garage sale? Second job? LOL Is there anyone who has stayed at POR and really liked it?
Some people have received some great deals on Deluxe resorts with a travel agent that offers a Labour Day sale. They were able to get a Deluxe resort and add dining on and still save more than FD. Can't post the agency but do a search and I'm sure you will find it. Of course it does depend on how many people are going but this may be a good deal for you.

Disney is going to start putting online bookings in a cue like they do when you call to book. I knew this was coming but didn't think it was happening yet. Not a good sign for Monday morning.

Hmmm....very interesting. o_O Hope it doesn't affect Monday morning too much. :rolleyes2

I literally had this conversation this morning.... with my 7 and 5 year old. They are kids who run run run all day long but they simply cannot handle all the Disney walking and standing around. My 7 year old was in tears when I told him that we may go with nothing this year, or maybe a single for his 5 year old sister. I think the fighting over the single alone may cause me to not rent anything.... or cave and go with a double :-). What to do, what to do. One thing I HATE about the stroller is that you have to take every single thing out of it when you go through security. So if you stuff the basket with crap (like I do) be prepared to take every single thing out to get through security.
We take a reusable bag for all the random stuff that accumulates. I made a custom one at Shutterfly with a picture of us at Disney to be more festive.

Two questions:
1) Does Free Dining become available at 6am EDT?
2) Can I book for one person and add more later? If so, what is the deadline to add more people to a FD reservation?

My first BC stay was in November - LOVED IT. But yes, QS is dismal. I liked Hurricane Hannas for burgers at lunch or dinner but other than that, the food court was a downside.

Thanks for the info! Trying to decide between original plan for POR and possible upgrade to BC. I know BC will be more...just depends on how MUCH more once everything shakes out...but I am concerned about the QS options. The QS at POR was our favorite yet...

I'm just wondering does RO discount actually work better for anyone?
I mean it certainly does NOT for me. EVER.
Example:
2 adults in ASMo standard room $111 per night with a 20% discount making it $105 per night.
Over 4 nights that is a total savings of $24.
Free QSDP $48 per person per night. $96 per night. 4 nights. Total savings of $384.
BTW we'd already be getting the dining plan anyways.
Definitely not trying to argue but it always just confuses me why people say FD is not a good discount.

FD doesn't work for me at the Poly but does at CBR. The Poly would cost me $7000. 2 day tickets are $1300. So for $5700 I get a room and FD. The DDP cost $3814 for the room is $1900 for the 11 nights. I am using my DVC points for the stay, which cost me around $1150. So ironically FD actually costs me more than paying for the meal plan.

Some people have received some great deals on Deluxe resorts with a travel agent that offers a Labour Day sale. They were able to get a Deluxe resort and add dining on and still save more than FD. Can't post the agency but do a search and I'm sure you will find it. Of course it does depend on how many people are going but this may be a good deal for you.
I don't believe you can add on dining plan with the labour day exclusives.

used them last November when our dates did not qualify for FD. Stayed at ASSp.

@Meeko5

I'm not a trouble maker, so I won't ask him a question. But did Ron say what time he works tomorrow? I'm trying plan my day so I don't blow my cover.

magic8ball.png

Update:

The start dates for Aug and Dec FD offer are Aug 21 and Dec 8.

PH "or" PH+ are required as part of the package.

This will be my last update. I would appreciate if no one asks any questions. I have given you all I know.

Best of luck to everyone.
Rats, rats, rats!!
We had some flexibility in our August schedule because school starts late for us this year (August 23), but it looks like we're not going to be able to take advantage of FD after all. :-(
Well, maybe we can switch to a RO discount on our CBR reservation and still take advantage of the GC offer.
Thank you for providing this information.

Good morning everyone. I was off since 6:30 last night and just reading through what was posted I just want to clarify some things.

Here is what I've been told:

Offer will drop on Monday 4/24.

Disney Visa holders will not be able to book before the GP.

Values and Mods will get QSDP.

I read someone posted last night that I said POR was included in FD. That's wrong!!! POR is included in Aug and Sept for FD, but is EXCLUDED for Nov and Dec.

I also read that I dropped the "bombshell" that PH's wouldn't be required. WRONG!!! I said I was told that "tickets" were required for the FD package. When I asked did that mean PH or PH+'s I was told they were told "tickets" were required. I took that as could there be a possibility that maybe base tickets get it done? I asked everyone to keep your mindset that you'll need PH or PH+'s to get FD. Once again this is my interpretation.

I am trying to find out the starting dates for Aug & Dec. And I also am trying to get more info on the ticket requirements.

I also know that ASMo is excluded along with the Little Mermaid rooms at AofA for the entire FD offer.

I have to work today from 7:30AM EST to about 1:00 this afternoon so if I hear anything new I will let you all know.

Have a magical day!!!

Thank you!

Well my fav meal there used to be lunch but now it seems they have changed the lunch to be the same food as dinner. Blech. My littlest will be 9 this time so we aren't doing as many character meals. Yay!! We will meet most of them though but have the luxury of 10 days.
My little one is a teenager and is still excited about meeting the chr's lol.

Did I miss Ron?
He was here earlier.

Update:

The start dates for Aug and Dec FD offer are Aug 21 and Dec 8.

PH "or" PH+ are required as part of the package.

This will be my last update. I would appreciate if no one asks any questions. I have given you all I know.

Best of luck to everyone.
Thank you for your help. You have been awesome.

Kim, even if you had asked me I only meant questions concerning the FD offer. I know nothing more so I'm done with it. Everyone can judge me Monday.

None of this is meant towards you, Kim.

No one should Judge you. I am sorry if you feel like some are.

I have a written sheet of my plans A-H. I don't trust my nervous brain to be logical at 4am.
I am making a plan a-d list today so that I am ready.

@Meeko5

I'm not a trouble maker, so I won't ask him a question. But did Ron say what time he works tomorrow? I'm trying plan my day so I don't blow my cover.
LOL this banter of you, Ron, and black all being the same person is really funny.

So we typically go the last week of October or first week of November. This year our only option is The Saturday through Tuesday before thanksgiving. I know what the crowd calendars say but just wondering from anybody's first hand experience how bad will those days be crowd wise?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter