******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Math Check needed!
I'm just trying to 100% make sure that the RO discount is better for us than FD but I keep getting numbers that are very close/similar.
-2 adults staying at the Poly (9/13-9/22- 10 days, 9 nights) standard view
I don't remember what our average room cost per night was since we booked in Feb. and on the website they have no availability now for those dates. I looked at the same days but a week earlier (9/6-9/15) and it shows up as an average of $458/night (w/o tax) for Poly standard view. Would one week difference be a huge change in price?
I have also put what we will likely be eating (with the exception of snacks at F&W) and our ADRs into the dining calculator (distripplanner.com) to see how much we will pay OOP for food (1 dessert per meal and 2 snacks per person per day) and that comes out to $1569 roughly. However even with a dining plan all of our meals would not be covered. So with an average of $458 and an assumed 30% discount that is $137 per night x 9 nights for $1,236 savings. FD for a deluxe $69.35 per adult/night = $1,248.30 savings. But we would still pay OOP almost $244 for meals not covered by DDP. And now my brain hurts from all of the numbers.......

P.S. We are going regardless of discounts as this is our Honeymoon but a discount would be nice!

Okay...assuming the 30% discount, just taking the extra $244 away from your FD savings makes the room discount and OOP a better deal. If you add to that the possibility you may have to get something other than a standard room to qualify for FD, you're saving even more. Add again the park hopper to the tickets (unless you wanted it anyway), and you're saving more.

If the discount is only 25%, your savings for that comes down to $1030.50, but that's still better than the $1004.30 of FD-OOP costs.

First time poster here! I am hoping someone can help me! My Husband and I will be traveling 11/25-12/1 with out 2 year old. Last year we stayed at POR which was great, we had the DDP. This year I was planning on the same but they are not included now. I have res for WL right now and hoping to get FD. How would a RO discount be better than FD? From what I calculated the DDP would cost us $834, a 20% RO discount is only saving us $421. I am doing the math wrong?

Probably not, but I'd calculate a 25% and 30% discount to know those numbers too. You also need to figure in the park hopper if you weren't planning on it, and you might be able to find discounted tickets somewhere else. What type room are you in at WL? You may need to upgrade that as well for FD. Lots of variables.

If we share the TS credits can one person "pay" for the whole table with her magic band or will they scan the band for everyone at the table? We have 6 adults and 6 kids.

Yes you can share credits. You just need to figure out which room gives you the number of TS credits you want/need and upgrade that room to DxDDP. Then, someone from that room will have to pay for all of your TS meals, which means you will all have to eat together for those or when you split up make sure one of them is at each meal. One other problem you'll have is ANYONE from that room who "pays" for a QS meal will be deducting credits from your DxDDP plan, so no one from that room can pay for a QS meal the entire trip.

6153558098_9653fd714b_b.jpg

Your message board identities are only limited to the amount of devices you have, right

:p

First time poster here! I am hoping someone can help me! My Husband and I will be traveling 11/25-12/1 with out 2 year old. Last year we stayed at POR which was great, we had the DDP. This year I was planning on the same but they are not included now. I have res for WL right now and hoping to get FD. How would a RO discount be better than FD? From what I calculated the DDP would cost us $834, a 20% RO discount is only saving us $421. I am doing the math wrong?
I doubt you can find a way ro discount better than free dining at wl unless you are staying club level.

Can the minimum days required for stay be different than the length of ticket required? Like they require a 4 day minimum stay but only require a 2 day PH...or is it always the same? I'm going nuts over here. LOL!

I don't think anyone answered you yet.

There will be a minimum night stay required and there will be a minimum number of days ticket required. That minimum is all you are required to purchase. So you can have a 5-night stay and a 3-day ticket, if both of those fulfill the minimum required of each.

One other poster also tried to remind everyone that just because it SAYS "4-night stay," does not mean that is what is required. Disney marketing puts out what they want you to do, but not what is the bare minimum required. So always ask or check to see what is the bare minimum.

That's not such a bad thing though if you're up early. Just keep refreshing the page.it prevents the site from crashing and moves a lot faster then you think...don't get scared if it says over an hour wait it usually moves way faster! Lilly pulitzer does this with their sale and Hess toy trucks did this too. Just get there early and refresh, refresh, refresh! Can you tell I have an online shopping problem?!!?! Haha. Yet-I always get what I want! The early bird gets the worm....or in this case the FD, clothes, or toy trucks!
Doesn't it say though to not refresh the page?

I don't think anyone answered you yet.

There will be a minimum night stay required and there will be a minimum number of days ticket required. That minimum is all you are required to purchase. So you can have a 5-night stay and a 3-day ticket, if both of those fulfill the minimum required of each.

One other poster also tried to remind everyone that just because it SAYS "4-night stay," does not mean that is what is required. Disney marketing puts out what they want you to do, but not what is the bare minimum required. So always ask or check to see what is the bare minimum.

Thanks for replying! I figured someone would catch it eventually. Everything just moves so quickly here.
I will definitely check to make sure. The good thing for us is I already have a reservation where we want to be and we're going no matter if we get FD or not. So I'm just hoping everything lines up so we can save some money. If not, we'll still be in Disney in Sept!

I'm sorry, but that is simply not true. There are too many variables to every trip to make that statement. And we've already seen several posters who HAVE a RO discount that is better for THEM than free dining.
I think she was answering the OP specifically, not making a blanket statement.
Edit: oops he, not she. Why don't I just go back to frantically reanalyzing
:rolleyes1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter