******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure you will get lots of thoughts on this however I would never again use a travel agent for free dining. We booked our reservation once (and only once) with a TA because we had a DCL cruise booked with her and I thought it would be easier all around if she booked everything. In the mean time I booked three other rooms for family members who decided to go with us on the WDW portion of our trip. I sent her a message when I heard free dinning was coming out asking if she could make the for us. The morning it dropped I was able to change the bookings I had made with no issue however all I received from the TA was a form letter she sent to all her clients asking we not bother her, if she could make the change she would contact us and let us know. I didn't hear from heart all that day and it was stressful. I managed to get FD for all the others going with us but I did not know if I would get it.
Save your self the worry and just do it on your own. Again, JMO and I'm sure lots will have other thoughts. I just know what I learned from my one time experience and never again.
Thank you! I think that is what we are going to do! We'll have a desktop, laptop, 2 tablets and phones all ready to go, lol. I feel like a complete nutbar, lol!

First time poster here! I am hoping someone can help me! My Husband and I will be traveling 11/25-12/1 with out 2 year old. Last year we stayed at POR which was great, we had the DDP. This year I was planning on the same but they are not included now. I have res for WL right now and hoping to get FD. How would a RO discount be better than FD? From what I calculated the DDP would cost us $834, a 20% RO discount is only saving us $421. I am doing the math wrong?

First time poster here! I am hoping someone can help me! My Husband and I will be traveling 11/25-12/1 with out 2 year old. Last year we stayed at POR which was great, we had the DDP. This year I was planning on the same but they are not included now. I have res for WL right now and hoping to get FD. How would a RO discount be better than FD? From what I calculated the DDP would cost us $834, a 20% RO discount is only saving us $421. I am doing the math wrong?
Some TA are able to give a better RO deal because they buy in bulk. From what another person found with similar family size they were able to get a better RO deal and get dining added and still be less than FD prices.

Can the minimum days required for stay be different than the length of ticket required? Like they require a 4 day minimum stay but only require a 2 day PH...or is it always the same? I'm going nuts over here. LOL!

ok so I would go through the whole setup of what I want and then get to the quee? Or what?
I am very confused. How will the que show up?
That was my question I saw no queue on site or in current ressie change but I stopped before submitting - I would think queue should be first as once you go thru all that why now wait

Since you're seeing POR excluded after Sept, any idea if POFQ is included either/both times?

POFQ is pretty much never included in any discounts. EXTREMELY rare that you can get a discount there. And since the construction has already cut back on moderate level inventory, there's no way they'd include POFQ now.

It seems that those who are changing reservations are seeing the queue screen and those making new reservations are not. Could that be the case? If so, is it just better to make a new reservation rather than try to change an existing one?

I need to reserve 3 rooms because we are a party of 12. Can I book more than one room once I am in the queue? Is it possible to make 3 different reservations on 3 devices all using my Disney login? Also, I've been reading the boards and noticed that some are upgrading to Deluxe Dining Plan for only part of their group. If we share the TS credits can one person "pay" for the whole table with her magic band or will they scan the band for everyone at the table? We have 6 adults and 6 kids. It might be better for us to upgrade one room to Deluxe Dining and leave other 2 rooms as QS. Thanks for your advise!

Two questions:
1) Does Free Dining become available at 6am EDT?
2) Can I book for one person and add more later? If so, what is the deadline to add more people to a FD reservation?

We do not know the time free dining will drop. A couple have come on today asking about 6am. I'm assuming this has been blogged about somewhere as I have never seen this as a potential time. Anytime between midnight and 7am online. You can call at 7am. EDT

I am sure you can add people. I do not know sorry.

I will not be happy if there is a more than 4 night minimum and/or if you have to purchase more than a 2 day PH.
I'm also not happy that ASMo may not be included.
If we go we are trying to keep it as cheap as we possibly can especially since airfare seems to be so high for those dates.

@Meeko5

I'm not a trouble maker, so I won't ask him a question. But did Ron say what time he works tomorrow? I'm trying plan my day so I don't blow my cover.

I step out for a while and look what happens. What else is there to say that hasn't been said from the start?

Posting within SIX minutes of one another! I think their cover is BLOWN pixiedust:

We are a Party of 9. So I need to book 3 rooms, anyone know if I can book at once online, or I should have three devices To do the queu?

I prefer the size of Sports, but the theming of Pop. Haha. I thought the busses were quicker at Pop, but DH argues the other way. There are much less people at sports, since it has less rooms. So the main areas were far less crowded, but we ate only 1 meal at the resort both times. It's a tough call; and I'm struggling to decide. I may just try for music to be different. Haha!
One of the nice things about Pop is your are able to walk over to AOA and check out their food court and store. It just gives you additional options.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter