NE DISers..August 12, '06....Canobie Lake Park Meet!!! "places and times.. #113!!!"

I'm liking the whole 2 different meet times. We will have cell phones, so if someone arrives in between the two meets and wants to find us, they can call. Karen is very good at answering her phone in the parks!!!
And Jason, we would love for you to join us...we love meeting new friends!!!

Hey, I just saw this (there was a link on the CB). I live in Salem. :goodvibes There's a VERY good chance I'll be able to make it since my dd will be away that weekend. I'll be solo...I doubt my boyfriend will want to go (he's kind of anti-social ;) ). I'll have to read the rest of the thread later, since I'm short on time right now. :)

Yay!

DisneyAddict_M said:
Hey, I just saw this (there was a link on the CB). I live in Salem. :goodvibes There's a VERY good chance I'll be able to make it since my dd will be away that weekend. I'll be solo...I doubt my boyfriend will want to go (he's kind of anti-social ;) ). I'll have to read the rest of the thread later, since I'm short on time right now. :)

Yay!

Would love to have you join us Melinda!!! Hope you can be there.

Just an FYI - AAA Southern NE has CLP park tickets for $23. It's only $4, but that'll buy you just over a gallon of gas!!! :lmao:

A little off topic here but just had to vent , a little. My DS turned 18 yesterday and for his birthday I suggested that he and a friend go to Six Flags for the day to celebrate his Birthday. It is about 1.5 hrs away , so I told him he could sleep over his friends house who lives about an hour away. So last nite I called him @ his friends house to ask how his trip went and he said they didn't go :sad2: . After they drove all the way there they figured it was way too expensive to go !It was 49.99 @ the gate and $15.00 for parking ! Do you believe what a "rip -off" that is ....My son would have to had paid $65.00 total for a day in the park....so needless to say he figured it just wasn't worth it to spend that much money! WDW seems like such a good deal now,compared to that ....I won't be going to Six Flags any time soon. Maybe DS 18 and his friend will want to join us at the CLP Meet... :thumbsup2

MEG&MINNIE said:
A little off topic here but just had to vent , a little. My DS turned 18 yesterday and for his birthday I suggested that he and a friend go to Six Flags for the day to celebrate his Birthday. It is about 1.5 hrs away , so I told him he could sleep over his friends house who lives about an hour away. So last nite I called him @ his friends house to ask how his trip went and he said they didn't go :sad2: . After they drove all the way there they figured it was way too expensive to go !It was 49.99 @ the gate and $15.00 for parking ! Do you believe what a "rip -off" that is ....My son would have to had paid $65.00 total for a day in the park....so needless to say he figured it just wasn't worth it to spend that much money! WDW seems like such a good deal now,compared to that ....I won't be going to Six Flags any time soon. Maybe DS 18 and his friend will want to join us at the CLP Meet... :thumbsup2

And that's the main reason I don't go to Six Flags! Did it once, quite awhile ago. It was expensive to get in, expensive to park, and although nicer than I had thought it was going to be, still not wonderful enough to make the 65 minute drive there and back. Much rather do CLP...not as big, but so much nicer! See you all there!!!

I believe I will be attending! I live in Derry, NH, how could I miss the meet??? I'm not sure if I will be bringing anyone though.

Ruth

MEG&MINNIE said:

Just a note for future reference. Six Flags tends to have pretty deep discounts available out there if you know where to look. I think Cumberland Farms locations have these coupons...you can also call the park directly and ask point blank if there are any discounts and promotions going on. They'll usually answer honestly because they know full well most folks won't pay the undiscounted gate price.

I do agree that Six Flags is getting too expensive. Don't expect it to get any cheaper, though, as they're very deep in debt and they also want to get more "affluent, considerate families" and less "broke, punk teenagers" through the gates these days. I'm a SF season pass holder and have only been a couple of times this year. $15 for unsecured parking is just too much "empty" expense. I've only been able to justify having an SP because it gets me into all the SF parks--a perk I've already used a couple of times and will use a few more times before the year is out.

Six Flags New England has some really great roller coasters, but on the whole, I'd rather be at (and usually have more fun at) smaller parks like Canobie Lake or Lake Compounce (near Hartford).

-Jason

P.S.: I think someone in this thread (though I may be mistaken) mentioned something about looking into getting a Canobie Lake season pass. At present time, they don't offer them. They don't want to become the regional babysitter. There are rumors, though, that they may re-examine that point of view and start offering them within the next few years.

My boss told a coworker and I that we would be on a 4-day work week for a trial during the month of Aug. - claims it's going to be slow here (which is a crock!) so I'll be losing some pay which makes for NO extra spending money!!! So as of now, it's looking like I'll have to pass on this, but things could change... :confused3

I would love to meet up with you all but I'll be hanging with Yogi camping. That's where we were last year too!

Maybe next year......
Hanve a blast though! I can't remember the last time I was at Canobie.

Hey Everyone- I have never been to a DISer's get together, so I might try to make it (DH,DS's&DD would most likely come along too). Could I have the details...time (cause we do have another commitment later that night), are you all wearing lime green? Please just let me know and I will talk to my DH.

Okay guys.....we need to plan some spots to meet up....and times. We were thinking of doing two 'official' times. Perhaps one at 1:00 and then one at around 6:00. Don't know if we'll be there to the bitter end, but we'll see. So...how do those times sound to you all? We'll choose appropriate spots in the next day or so. And yes, lime green is the color of choice, as well as anything WDW oriented!!

So, here's hoping that everyone can make at least one of the meet times. Last year there was a basic band of intrepid DISers who stayed pretty much together, while others came and went as they chose.

Well Diane, I definitely can't make it. The money just isn't there so we're headed to the Cape instead.

Boy, I'm going to miss everyone - leave an extra space for me on the Tea Party so I can be there in spirit!!! :sad2:

I've never been, so I'm at the mercy of everyone else's wishes. :)

My husband wants to know if they sell beer and cotton candy ;)

Aww, Barb...we'll miss you. There will be other meets, so we'll catch you at the next one. Have a good time on the Cape.

Heathriel...both are available if memory serves. In fact, it could very well be that that particular combination of food products resulted in Princess Blow Chunks name!!! (no, the Princess didn't do it, just saw it!) Perhaps if your dh insists on combining those two things, he should stay away from the chair swing!!!

My family is going to try to make it to the 1:00 meet time. I have never been to a DIS meet so I am really looking forward for it. I'll check back next Wed. to see where the meeting spot is. Off to girls only camping weekend in ME, then Sun-Wed-camping with the family in NH. Take care and happy weekend :cool1:

Looking forward to the CLP Dismeet...will try to meet up with you all @ 1pm ...me,DD10 and her friend. Here's hoping for good weather and a great day ! :thumbsup2

Wow!! This came up fast! It's just NEXT WEEK!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

We will probably do the 6:00 time because we just don't have the money right now to pay full price for all of us....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter