NE DISers..August 12, '06....Canobie Lake Park Meet!!! "places and times.. #113!!!"

threeboysdad said:
I'm glad I can come here to find out what we are doing this weekend... As of Sunday on the way to church we weren't coming... :confused3

Somebody PM me if "our" plans change... :rotfl: :lmao:

This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. You have to come. I want to meet the man behind PinkGirlyGirl. Come. I'll give you boogies ;)

13 y/o dd is looking forward to hanging with some DIS kids....see you all tomorrow!!!! Weather looks terrific! :woohoo:

TLinden16 said:
This is the funniest thing I've read in a while. You have to come. I want to meet the man behind PinkGirlyGirl. Come. I'll give you boogies ;)
Funny thing is, I thought we were coming and reminded her 2 weeks ago... then this weekend she said she was thinking we wouldn't come... then last night oldest DS said he would not be working because we were "making" him go to Canobie... I said "huh??? I thought we weren't going... when did mom tell you this?" :confused3

So I figured I could get an update this morning on this thread... :lmao:

I'll see you if I see you... :)

I keep seeing all these commercials for Canobie Lake and I am so bummed I won't get to go and see you all, but I will be thinking of you. Have a great time everyone!!!

:wave:

threeboysdad said:
Funny thing is, I thought we were coming and reminded her 2 weeks ago... then this weekend she said she was thinking we wouldn't come... then last night oldest DS said he would not be working because we were "making" him go to Canobie... I said "huh??? I thought we weren't going... when did mom tell you this?" :confused3

So I figured I could get an update this morning on this thread... :lmao:

I'll see you if I see you... :)

Oh goodness.... So I haven't made up my mind fully yet! I'll let you know tonight! ;) LOL!

Karen I'll have my ECV with me if you need to hitch a ride. Phil

MEG&MINNIE said:
I got an idea...bring your 18 year old DD with you , you'll both have fun ! No one is ever too old to have fun ! :thumbsup2

We'll have DS17 in tow :crazy: & last year's refillable cups! :rotfl2:

We'll have on our lime green--DH & DS have 'Jonestavern' polo shirts

don't know what time we're headed out, probably for 1 pm???

Jean & Chris

Leaving the Worcester area 1st thing in the morning . We should be there at the opening of the park . DD10 ,Friend 14 and myself all will be up there for the day .DD and myself will have our Lime Green shirts on ...we plan to meet you all at 1pm . DD is soooo excited and then we are all off to Maine for a little mini-vacation! :sunny: Just packed all our things, it's not the same as getting away to Disney ,but we are happy to be going to Maine !!! See ya all tomorrow :thumbsup2

TLinden16 said:
Oh, qruthie, you don't have to ask. I'll be fine. I do have a bit of pain in my foot, but I can walk. I should be fine. Thanks though :)

and I ahve no idea what I did to my foot. I have pain on the top of it. i had it x-rayed tonight. Hopefully I'll hear something tomorrow.

FYI, they do have some wheelchairs for rent. I'm not sure of the cost since I didn't do that part. The chair we had was an extra wide one so it cost extra, that much I know. It was in crappy shape, we couldn't get the brakes to work but it was usable. At least it rolled well.

I tested the Tilt-a-Whirl, Round Up, Corkscrew Roller Coaster, Yankee Cannonball Roller Coaster and Turkish Twist for all of you. They are working great. :cool1:

I'm still hoping to be there tomorrow and for the 1:00 meeting time. I plan to wear a lime green t-shirt that has flip flops on it.

WOOO WHOOO me and my mother are really looking forward to today !!! look for the ugliest lime green shirt you can find and you will find me LOL TTFN see you there

I hope you all have a fun time today. My family and I can't make it :sad2: . Just don't have the extra $ ( even w/ the AAA discount- for a family of 5 still $$) I did want to meet some few DIS-aholics, so I'll keep checking in and maybe meet up next time :) .

allaboutmm said:
I hope you all have a fun time today. My family and I can't make it :sad2: . Just don't have the extra $ ( even w/ the AAA discount- for a family of 5 still $$) I did want to meet some few DIS-aholics, so I'll keep checking in and maybe meet up next time :) .

Bummer!! Sorry you won't be there today...we'll miss you guys. But, there's always the next time.
See the rest of you guys later today!! Hoping to see lots of 'green'!!!

Have fun, everyone! Wish I could be there, but too much planned for today. I'll be thinking of you all, having fun, meeting each other....WAAAAHHHH!

The Pink family will not be making it today. Unfortunately, with all the things that have hit us lately, we do not have the $100+ for all of us to go :(

You all have fun and we hope to catch you at the next NE Dis Meet!!

:wave2:

It was great meeting you guys at 1PM today, but DH and I ended up leaving after the Yankee Canonball. Apparently, he gets a pretty bad headache after wooden coasters, a fact of which I was not previously aware, and became immediately cranky.

I have an extremely unusual sunburn on one arm, as well. Its like a strip, but wound around my arm in a weird way. I can't honestly figure out how I got it. I'll see if I can take a picture of it tomorrow :)

I had the most wonderful time! It was great meeting everyone and hanging together.

WOO!

That was a very fun day!!! Thanks everyone for joining in the fun.
Heather...we wondered where you guys went to...looked for you and couldn't find you...guess we know why now!!
Phil.....hope you're feeling better. We are all a bit concerned....missed seeing you at the 6:00, but understand.
We got the pressed penny...now to retrace through the posts and see who needed it.
I'm tired, Katie is still in bed....see you all next year!!!

I thought of you all many times yesterday. What great weather you had!!!! I'll keep checking back to see when the next meet is. I really would like to try to meet up. :) Maybe I'll plan the next meet?

I still don't have the picture thing down yet, so sorry for the different sizes...
It was great to see so many DISers!

CLPDISMeet062.jpg

Everyone looks OK so far...
Janice, Jean displaying a resigned courage, Mary Anne, mustering optimisim & Karen(HM Jellyrolls) & Julia comfort & reassure!

CLPDISMeet065.jpg

Watch out for chunkage!!!

CLPDISMeet0612.jpg

"Look Ma... NO CHUNKS!"

CLPDISMeet0617.jpg

I REALLY NEED THAT FRAGGLE!!!!

CLPDISMeet0623.jpg

Diane and Angus intense upon the task at hand--Whack those moles!
3 styles, one smile, Patrick shows his winning form--2 Fraggles!
Not pictured but also displaying Whack-a-Mole talent--Abigail,Katie & Julia!

CLPDISMeet0631.jpg

What a Lovely bunch of coconuts!
front row: the lovely ladies: Julia, Katie & Abigail
2nd row: Her Majesty, Karen; Jean, Janice, Mary Anne & QRuthie
3rd row: Chris, Patrick, Diane, Angus & Jason

also, but not pictured: Philaround & Mrs. PhilAround, Meg&Minnie, Heather
Now, I know we've missed some attendees, our apologies, let us know & we'll list them!
Hoping Your DH feels better Heather :sunny: Odd sunburn :confused3 , it is puzzling

Oh, by the by, the intrepid, & fearless!, Jason stayed to close out the park!

Well, Chris has washed the refillable cup, Patrick is featuring Whack-A-Mole winning form as a subject for his college entrance essay
& I am girding my loins to attempt a turn on the Rooster Ride @ CLP for next year's meet!

Chris, Jean & Patrick

Great shots Jean....Chris did a great job. Only a DISer would bring back a mug to CLP!!!! Poor baby couldn't get it refilled though.
Karen hugged her Fraggle all the way home...it was a sad thing to see a 'grown' woman (and I use that term most loosely!!!) hugging a little Fraggle!!!!
It was great fun...Katie is finally in the shower, washing her feet. YUCK!!!! Hey Julia...Katie loves her CareBear!! Thanks so much for winning her one. What a buddy you are.
And Abigail....how you feeling about yourself today missie??? You should be very proud of yourself. We're really glad you got up the nerve to try the rides...it was a ton of fun having you on them with us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter