January 2007 Scrapbooking Challenge

I'm in! It'll be interesting to see how much scrapping actually gets done now that the (dun-dun-dun!) swaps are starting!! I will strive to find an equal balance between them!

I'm on the board.. I did 4 pages tonight!! I have about 8 more ready to go..but they'll have to wait til tomorrow!!! ;)

Count me in. I'm determined to keep up with my yearly book this year and also to get my new house book done.

Count me in again. I'll probably have a slow month since we've got a couple of weekends out of town, but this thread is great for motivation!

StitchIsOurHero...you rocked out at the end of last month. :thumbsup2 I was so jealous as I sat at my parents' house with lots of free time and no way to scrapbook.

New England Eeyore, jennyL, and luvmy2sams--welcome aboard!! :banana: I can tell we are going to be great support for each other to scrap as well as swap! You all have to make sure I do at least a few during the month--scrapping is my stress-reliever, and sometimes I put it on the back burner (sometimes. . .that is to say all of 2004 and 2005! :rotfl: )

Nancy--look at you! On the board already!! I worked on my paper sorter tonight, and then DH said "Will you be scrapping any tomorrow since the swap signups are going on?" I thought, "Yes, I will, because that is the goal!! More scrap, less swap" I think he doubts me!!

Happy scrappin', everyone, and thanks for joining!! :dance3:

Well, I got 10 pages done over the course of the day. I was having issues with my Cricut tonight, so i quit before I started to get too frustrated. I am finding that my mat isn't very sticky anymore, and so when it starts to cut, the paper moves. Is there any way to make the mat re-stick, or should I just buy a new one. Anyway, I am now scrapping April 2006, so not bad!!!:thumbsup2

Add me in! DH is back to work this afternoon so I might get a few pages done. I'm back to work tomorrow :sad: and we've got people coming this weekend, but I'll try to get going. I've been scrapping one year and one month, and I've completed 5 albums and 3 CM picfolios plus one small swap. So how come only vacations are up to date?

Well.... I'm in for this month, but haven't completed anything yet. It is a busy swim month for DD, so probabl won't get a lot done, but here's to hoping!...................P

I would love to join in this month. I didn't get many pages completed in 2006 and now I'm even farther behind. I am going on a weekend scrapbooking retreat in two weeks so I'm going to be working on getting organized, etc. for that. I may not have numbers to post for a week or so but this has got to help get me back on track.

MazdaUK & TammyNC--welcome!! :yay: More successful 2007 scrappers!! This IS going to be a great month and a great kick off to a terrific year!!

B&MB, littlelambie, and lewdyan1: I'm impressed! I'll get your totals updated! Today is my last day off from Christmas Break, so I'm hoping to get some scrappin' done!

littlelambie, my Cricut mat does the same thing sometimes. I just have to push on it to get it to stick, and then sometimes, move the blade down the page. It sort of pins the top in before it starts cutting--does that make sense? KAMommy has a craftrobo, and she can use painter's tape to anchor the paper to the mat--I haven't tried that on the Cricut, but I think it would work as long as you move the blade down past it. Good luck! :thumbsup2

pjilla--I don't know if we posted at the same time, or if I'm just crazy, but I missed yours somehow! Welcome aboard!! :yay: Swimming sounds like fun--and lots of picture opportunities, which means more scrappin'!

B&MB--I cross-posted with your update, too! How about ya and your one more page?? You are on the ball!! :dance3:

Six pages done this afternoon! I've passed 4th birthday of DS(13) :rotfl:

I do find this a great incentive, even though I'm never likely to win:)

MinnieMommy--I've got you added!! Welcome! I bet your December trip was wonderful. We went in Dec. '04, and I thought it was beautiful!!

MazdaUK--great job!! 6 pages and only on January 2nd. . .you are rolling right along!! :thumbsup2

Ok, you all have inspired me. I worked this afternoon on some more of the June 2006 WDW album, and the pages I had planned out. I got 17 done (it makes up 1 day of the trip). I feel like I will never finish this album--slowly, but surely I guess I'll get there!

I did a bunch of sketches at the dentist office today waiting on the kids.. than I'll cut the pieces tonight..and be ready to finish them off tomorrow/Thursday... yeah!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter