HUGE Skyliner News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will miss being able to have our own cabin. We have a stroller and it was always a bit awkward because it takes up a lot of space and when we had to share with other parties, we all had to squish in. Plus difficult when people are getting off at a different stop than you and you had to exit with the stroller to let them out and then rush back in.

I rode it once on my last solo trip as an experiment from HS to Epcot. I wasn't impressed, it took longer than it would to walk or take the boat and did get stuck for about 4 min. No big deal for me but had my son who doesn't like heights and is claustrophobic been on there, it might have been less than fun. One of the reasons I will not be staying at the skyliner resorts is that, while they have bus service is is less often than the skyliner, so in a way you are strongly encouraged to use it. It's also one of the reasons I don't stay at the monorail resorts, during normal times if you want to go to Epcot you have to use the monorail, I'm not a fan of the monorail. I just go to MK and take a bus from there but it's a shame.

I am glad it is a sign of things going back to normal but not for me, alone or with other people.

Add me to the list of people who will never ever ride the skyliner for risk of being stuck with rude obnoxious people. I literally will wait for a bus, take a rideshare even. Worth the money to me to not deal with that.

Those cabins are so creepy quiet that you are basically in the heads of whoever you traveling with, dont get me started on the smells. The worst is when the other party cant handle the silence and forces small talk. literally will never step on that thing again, to me it's purpose now is to relieve pressure from buses and rideshare, it doesn't exist to me.

Or, just do like I do and stay at the swan and dolphin and walk everywhere. problem solved. worth the money.

Add me to the list of people who will never ever ride the skyliner for risk of being stuck with rude obnoxious people. I literally will wait for a bus, take a rideshare even. Worth the money to me to not deal with that.

Those cabins are so creepy quiet that you are basically in the heads of whoever you traveling with, dont get me started on the smells. The worst is when the other party cant handle the silence and forces small talk. literally will never step on that thing again, to me it's purpose now is to relieve pressure from buses and rideshare, it doesn't exist to me.

Or, just do like I do and stay at the swan and dolphin and walk everywhere. problem solved. worth the money.
I have always been one to take a rideshare whenever possible just for the convenience. It's often times faster, much much faster. I don't mind the other people part of it, but waiting for Disney transportation has gotten really slow.

We rode Skyliner pre-Covid when it first opened. I am an introvert, but I didn’t mind sharing at all. It beats having to stand on the bus, trying not to fall over on someone. I’ll take the Skyliner with strangers any day.
We should strive for better transportation, I also hope they don't bring back standing on buses. I can't believe they allowed that to begin with.

We should strive for better transportation, I also hope they don't bring back standing on buses. I can't believe they allowed that to begin with.
Standing on busses is very commonplace in the bussing world, especially how those are designed. Now if they want to switch to the ME or DCL busses then Ill be all for it LOL

Now you're speaking my language. I wish there were more walking options available. I'd walk from AKL to Magic Kingdom if they would let me.

Standing on busses is very commonplace in the bussing world, especially how those are designed. Now if they want to switch to the ME or DCL busses then Ill be all for it LOL
But Disney seems to prioritize safety and you have like 30 people all standing on a bus at the end of the day, most holding onto kids instead of railings. I've seen parents nodding off while holding a child, all it takes is one time where the driver has to slam on the brakes for something real bad to happen. In some spots you have to hang your arm over the head of a stranger sitting below you to grab onto a railing and who wants that?

You’re always free to wait for the next bus if you prefer not to stand.
I don't care about standing, if they are going to jam people in I'd rather be standing than having a sweaty person hanging their arms over my head. I don't like the jammed in part so waiting for the next bus would never be a solution unless you waited for the last bus.

I don't care about standing, if they are going to jam people in I'd rather be standing than having a sweaty person hanging their arms over my head. I don't like the jammed in part so waiting for the next bus would never be a solution unless you waited for the last bus.
Yeah, I'm sure you know that's a tough get at Disney. Maybe a car would work better for you?

With all of this negativity, y'all are making me reconsider staying onsite. Off-site is looking better and better. ;)

Would save a lot of money and won't have to put with all of the negative stuff.

With all of this negativity, y'all are making me reconsider staying onsite. Off-site is looking better and better. ;)

Would save a lot of money and won't have to put with all of the negative stuff.
I think on-site is great, but public transportation is never great. I usually always get a rental car for the ease of getting around especially since parking is free if you stay onsite

I think on-site is great, but public transportation is never great. I usually always get a rental car for the ease of getting around especially since parking is free if you stay onsite

We had a rental car for our previous trips there but we decide to stay on-site to avoid rental cars. For a five day rental, $900 is a bit insane.

We had a rental car for our previous trips there but we decide to stay on-site to avoid rental cars. For a five day rental, $900 is a bit insane.
Yea I wouldn’t pay that either. Maybe it’s the time I go, but I’ve never paid near that much for a standard size car

Shoot! Saw the title and throught that Disney must have announced building additional Skyliner lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter