HUGE Skyliner News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should strive for better transportation, I also hope they don't bring back standing on buses. I can't believe they allowed that to begin with.

They can fit more people per bus when more are standing. They used to have buses with way more seats, but it wasn't as efficient.

Yea I wouldn’t pay that either. Maybe it’s the time I go, but I’ve never paid near that much for a standard size car

Ne neither. Usually $30 a day for am SUV for us. The rental car shortage is insane right now. Priced one out for Nashville the other day - $170 per day for a compact was the cheapest.

This is actually awful news. I'd rather get where I'm going a couple minutes later with a personal skyliner where I can enjoy the ride and have a normal conversation with my group than be stuck with strangers. It's either very awkward because those things are very quiet once you get up there and everyone is silently looking at their phone or it's annoying because you get a drunk group leaving Epcot or kids doing kid things or people playing games or watching videos with the sound on. Skyliner should be banned imo.
For the skiers out there, would a Skyliner with strangers be more uncomfortable or a ski lift? 😱

I lived in South Korea for a while. Lots of experience cramming into small spaces with and without a stroller mostly with strangers and a language barrier.

We aren't staying in a skyliner resort on our next trip, but I'll probably take my kids resort hopping with it just for fun.

Truth be told, I think the skyliner is fun, with or without others in the car. However, I tend to avoid Disney transportation when possible as it is not the most efficient. The point is, its public transportation, not private. If you are wanting a private area to yourself, then public transportation is not for you and other arrangements should be made

Line was never bad? I have a family member there this week. They waited 50 minutes to get on at Epcot closing. And I’ve read posts from people who missed rope drop at studios because it took them 45 minutes to get there.

I've left EPCOT at closing before and waited about 30, but for me, I know that going at closing or rope drop will be a wait no matter what. I purposely usually avoid those times and go as early or late as possible.

So, the advice is that people should not be staying at skyliner resorts like Pop, CBR, Riviera, etc. because the wait for the skyliner is very long. Got it. Noted. Changing my booking to the Dolphin or Swan then. I was hoping that the lines wouldn't be so bad with it being back to regular boarding of the skyliner cars. Bummer.

So, the advice is that people should not be staying at skyliner resorts like Pop, CBR, Riviera, etc. because the wait for the skyliner is very long. Got it. Noted. Changing my booking to the Dolphin or Swan then. I was hoping that the lines wouldn't be so bad with it being back to regular boarding of the skyliner cars. Bummer.
That definitely wasn’t the advice from everyone lol. As I said, I love the skyliner and never found the waits to be long, especially now that they are loading multiple parties. And I know I’m not alone in my skyliner love !

I really don't understand why people hate to share the skyliner with others. I travel solo and had to share the skyliner (pre covid) and had some interesting conversations. Other times, we say hi and that's it. When I skied, I shared chair lifts and gondolas many times and never felt uncomfortable. Use it with a positive attitude and you may be surprised and find that sharing is not that bad (just like my mother used to say about my toys!)
Nowadays, you spend more time in ride lines with people who you don't know ( and may or may not be 3 feet away) than the time that you spend on the skyliner.

Last edited:
Wow My daughter just did the same thing last night..Cancelled RR for 6 nights and booked Swan !
Disney is ignoring potential fallout apparently.

I really don't understand why people hate to share the skyliner with others. I travel solo and had to share the skyliner (pre covid) and had some interesting conversations. Other times, we say hi and that's it. When I skied, I shared chair lifts and gondolas many times and never felt uncomfortable. Use it with a positive attitude and you may be surprised and find that sharing is not that bad (just like my mother used to say about my toys!)
Nowadays, you spend more time in ride lines with people who you don't know ( and may or may not be 3 feet away) than the time that you spend on the skyliner.

I just don't like people. 😄
It's not the end of the world, I just enjoyed having cabins to ourselves and not having to share with strangers.

That definitely wasn’t the advice from everyone lol. As I said, I love the skyliner and never found the waits to be long, especially now that they are loading multiple parties. And I know I’m not alone in my skyliner love !

Agreed. We spent 9 days at Pop at the beginning of May and loved using the Skyliner. Even with lines it's so much more enjoyable than the buses.

Seeing it a lot. Not from everyone though. Sounds like hell.

I met friends for life on gondolas at ski resorts. Heck, one of them was a groomsman in my wedding years ago.

So the lines are just as long now as they were a month ago? Have they always been that way - even before the pandemic?

Seeing it a lot. Not from everyone though. Sounds like hell.
I have never thought were any worse than waiting for a Disney bus or the monorail at times so I don’t see the issue in waiting. It’s not bad, especially with then loading normal again. That being said, I still typically use a rental car to go to the parks, but the lines aren’t really that terrible for the sky liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter