HUGE Skyliner News!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never thought were any worse than waiting for a Disney bus or the monorail at times so I don’t see the issue in waiting. It’s not bad, especially with then loading normal again. That being said, I still typically use a rental car to go to the parks, but the lines aren’t really that terrible for the sky liners

We used a rental car last time we visited. Rental cars are $180 per day rather than $20 per day so not doable. Plus, we were reserved at CBR so that is the whole point of staying on-site. We stayed off-site last time and loved it but figure we would go this route this time around since rental car prices are outrageous right now.

We used a rental car last time we visited. Rental cars are $180 per day rather than $20 per day so not doable. Plus, we were reserved at CBR so that is the whole point of staying on-site. We stayed off-site last time and loved it but figure we would go this route this time around since rental car prices are outrageous right now.
Never understood the whole point of staying on site argument being only transportation. It also allows free parking and usually many other perks. As far as rental car pricing, yes they’re ridiculous at the moment. If we don’t get one or next trip we’ll use Disney transport and ride share

Never understood the whole point of staying on site argument being only transportation. It also allows free parking and usually many other perks. As far as rental car pricing, yes they’re ridiculous at the moment. If we don’t get one or next trip we’ll use Disney transport and ride share
Not the only reason. Staying onsite because of convenience and proximity of Epcot and HS.

I stayed onsite only once before and that was at Pop. We prefer offsite but giving onsite another go because of convenience. Rental car was the tipping point for us though due to the prices and CBR being fairly inexpensive.With all of the complaints about CBR and the skyliner, we might change to Dolphin (same price).

Staying at BWV next trip and plan on using the skylines for breakfast at Riviera. Luckily my group of 9 pretty much fills up the gondola all by itself. One of the few perks of traveling in a big group!

Would I rather travel in the skyliner with just our family? Sure, but I understand they can get through a lot more people if they group them together. So I am totally fine with it. I am happy that staying at CBR I have options to go check out AOA with my kids, hop to RR for dining, and only have to deal with buses (or maybe lyft/uber) for two parks. This seems like a huge bonus to me.

Not the only reason. Staying onsite because of convenience and proximity of Epcot and HS.

I stayed onsite only once before and that was at Pop. We prefer offsite but giving onsite another go because of convenience. Rental car was the tipping point for us though due to the prices and CBR being fairly inexpensive.With all of the complaints about CBR and the skyliner, we might change to Dolphin (same price).
I have only stayed offsite a couple times, usually if it is just a short stay before a cruise. Curious, where do you usually stay offsite?

Right now, unfortunately there are not as many perks to onsite as off. Usually, the dining plan, extra magic hours are more than enough to convince me to stay on

I have only stayed offsite a couple times, usually if it is just a short stay before a cruise. Curious, where do you usually stay offsite?

Right now, unfortunately there are not as many perks to onsite as off. Usually, the dining plan, extra magic hours are more than enough to convince me to stay on

Last time - Caribe Royale two bedroom. Loved it. Time before that was the Waldorf Astoria.

For this upcoming trip, we are only staying four nights since we are hopping on a cruise right after.

I love Disney days right before a cruise!
This is the first for us. Last Disney trip was dec 2016 and it was just five days Disney. Last minute trip because airfare was so cheap and so was the hotel and rental car. Best trip too.
Can't wait to to do Disney and then a cruise out of Port C.

Does anyone know if they are doing like a party per bench, so basically 2 parties per skyliner? Or are they expecting us to actually sit right next to strangers on the same bench?

I take it that you have never been on a Pre-Covid Disney Bus at Park Close in July with several groups of The15s!lol :)

Oh I have done pre-Covid buses. When we were packed in standing like sardines and the old bus driver stood at the front of the bus and yelled "We are not going until every inch is filled in" and started calling put people by describing them and saying "why is there space between you??" "We will not move until we get on more families"..... we counted what we could see and there were 100 people on that bus.

MULTIPLE groups are now being loaded in the Gondolas!

GAME CHANGER!
Shoot! Saw the title and throught that Disney must have announced building additional Skyliner lines.
I figured it was about discontinuing social distancing on the gondolas. But a similar thought did cross my mind.

This is news. Maybe you could even call it "big" news. But HUGE news would have been an announcement that they were breaking ground on an Animal Kingdom Lodge extension for the Skyliner!!!!!! :rotfl2:

Why would you not sit next to others
Because of the pandemic? Because I don’t want to sit next to strangers? Because I don’t trust strangers to act right and Disney is stupid if they think people will actually act right? I can keep going…

All this person asked was if they were asking people to sit next to strangers and y’all can’t even act right and give her a simple answer. Nobody asked you to show how much smarter and more educated about Disney you are than everybody else.

Does anyone know if they are doing like a party per bench, so basically 2 parties per skyliner? Or are they expecting us to actually sit right next to strangers on the same bench?
I don't think they assign seats. They will ask how many in your party and then point you to a gondola. If they send another party to the same gondola, it's up to you to figure out where to sit. But I'd think most people would sit with their party all on one side.

Because of the pandemic? Because I don’t want to sit next to strangers? Because I don’t trust strangers to act right and Disney is stupid if they think people will actually act right? I can keep going…

All this person asked was if they were asking people to sit next to strangers and y’all can’t even act right and give her a simple answer. Nobody asked you to show how much smarter and more educated about Disney you are than everybody else.
Probably shouldnt be at a theme park or use public transportation if you think there is a serious risk to you then

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter