***Holiday Recipe Sent/Received***.....COMPLETED!!

Oh, and Meriweather, I'm glad you liked the stuff! Please try that glossy chocolate frosting, it is my favorite thing in the whole world. I could just make it and eat it with a spoon(and I have):blush:

Sounds like my DD....the cake is all about the frosting!!

Hope we hear of some more arrivals today.....and the last of those mailings!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Waldorf Red Velvet Cake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Cakes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons cocoa
2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
2 eggs
1 ounce red food coloring
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon baking soda
Icing
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, beat well.
Make a paste of food coloring and cocoa and add to mixture.
Add salt and buttermilk, alternating with flour. Add vanilla.
Dissolve baking soda in vinegar and add last. Blend all ingredients as little as possible.
Bake in tow 8" round cake pans at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Icing: Cream butter and sugar.
Cook flour mixed in milk until very thick, stirring frequently to avoid lumps. Allow mixture to cool.
Combine flour mixture with butter mixture. Add vanilla and beat until creamy.

:flower3: I got my package yesterday! It's from Missy 1961. Thank you, Missy! Here's what I got:
Recipes-Taco Soup
Manhatten Clam Chowder
Chocaroon Cake
Oreo Cheesecake
Easy Tiramisu
Dream Pie
Alfredo Made Easy
Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake
Velvet Spice Cake
Zeppoles
Toll House Crumbcake
I can't wait to try these, and the great thing is...I won't even have to go grocery shopping!!! Because Missy also sent me a bunch of the ingredients I need for some of these recipes! Like bags of coconut and chocolate chips, boxes of pudding and Dream Whip, packets of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix, and a little bag of coffee! Wow!
And also I got the cutest pink Mickey and Minnie pot holder set and oven mitt, Disney tissues, and a Little Mermaid dish towel. Thank you so much, Missy, I love everything! You are the greatest!:goodvibes

I'm glad you liked it. I know how it can be frustrating when you want to try a new recipe but don't have all the ingredients. This way, you can try a few without leaving home!

I recommend the Toll House Crumbcake highly. Every time I make it, it disappears.

So let me post it:

Toll House Crumbcake
Estimated Times:
Preparation - 20 min | Cooking - 25 min | Cooling Time - 10 min cooling | Yields - 12

This sour cream crumbcake is topped with a mixture of brown sugar, butter, nuts and mini chocolate chips. A special treat for morning, noon or night.

Ingredients:
• 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
• 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
• 1/2 cup chopped nuts
• 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini Morsels, divided
• 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 3/4 cup granulated sugar
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup sour cream
Directions:
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.

FOR TOPPING:
COMBINE brown sugar, flour and butter in small bowl with pastry blender or two knives until mixture is crumbly. Stir in nuts and 1/2 cup morsels.

FOR CAKE:
COMBINE flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat granulated sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in remaining morsels. Spread into prepared baking pan; sprinkle with topping.

My package was delivered yesterday
Your item was delivered at 11:29 AM on October 20, 2008 in PARIS, TX 75462.
I can't wait to hear if she liked everything! :listen:

::yes:: Dania reported that it arrived, but she didn't have time to tell us about it. Hopefully she will today. She has two to tell us about :teeth:
Can't wait to hear.

I got mine this morning, so it was actually delivered yesterday, from Marie, ADisneygirl:

Mini whisk
towels & oven mitt
2 silicone spatulas
a gourmet cookbook of French, Acadian & Creole recipes
X recipes:
Frunch Juice from AKL
Cream Cheese Balls
English Scones & Cream
Chicken Almondine Sandwiches
Broccoli & Garlic Penne
Pasta e Fagioli Soup
Chicken Marsala
Slow Cooked Beef Burgundy
Venetians
Baklava

Can't wait to try the recipes!! Thanks Marie!!!

[

I recommend the Toll House Crumbcake highly. Every time I make it, it disappears.[/QUOTE]

I will definitely try this, perhaps this weekend! And I'm thinking about making the taco soup this weekend too.

Still no response from the two yet to mail :(

If no word by the end of the weekend, I may need elves.....hope not.
I am leaving town tomorrow afternoon for the weekend....going to AZ :sunny: to walk through the new house :yay:
I will have computer access, just not too much time, so I will keep up on things.

Thanks, Patsy. Looking forward to finally seeing the new house....now if we could just sell this one and move there all would be great!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Pumpkin Crunch Cake

Recipe By :Bonnie Thielke
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
29 ounces pumpkin
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1/2 teaspoon cloves
3 eggs
1 package yellow cake mix
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup butter or margarine -- melted

Line a 13x9" baking pan with waxed paper.
Mix together the first 7 ingredients. Pour into prepared pan.
Sprinkle cake mix over mixture in pan. Sprinkle pecans over top. Pour melted butter over all.
Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Let set 5-10 minutes. Flip pan over onto tray for serving.
Serve with Cool Whip or whipped cream.

Sent out my package to the USA today, sorry for the big delay! :hug:

I also received my package, but there was no note saying who sent it. Anyways, this is what I got:
-oven mitten, tea towel and pot holders in a fruity print
-a stack of printed out recipes, including sugar cookies and gooey butter cake which I can't wait to try out
-packets of Wiley's southern seasonings.

Thank you so much! :hug: :hug:

EDIT: Many thanks to Rae Jean (powellrj) for my package! :lovestruc

:yay: for an arrival.....and a mailing ;) One more of those to go. Hope we hear of that today.....and more arrivals....only 6 to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter