***Holiday Recipe Sent/Received***.....COMPLETED!!

Hi! Got home tonight and there's a notice in my mailbox. My package has arrived!!!:woohoo: Unfortunately, it's at the PO and I'll have to go pick it up Monday. Argggh! But at least I'll have a reason to look forward to Monday.

Can't wait to hear about it on Monday ::yes:: :yay:

Anyone else? there are a couple that have arrived that we still need to hear about!!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Upside-Down Apple Gingerbread

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 9 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Breakfast Breads Cakes

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/4 cup butter or margarine -- melted
2 large apples -- cored and sliced
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
Gingerbread
1/2 cup butter or margarine -- melted
1/2 cup molasses
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup hot tea

Pour butter into a 9" square baking pan.
Arrange apples over butter. Sprinkle with brown sugar and set aside.
For gingerbread: Combine butter, molasses, sugars and egg in a mixing bowl. Mix well.
Combine dry ingredients. Add to sugar mixture alternately with hot tea. Mix well. Pour over apples.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool for 3-5 minutes. Loosen sides and invert onto serving platter. Serve warm.

snow, would you please post the winter fruit salad recipe?

I received my package this week and I want to thank Jenny(no sn listed) for the great stuff. I will list everything when I get home.

That would be jrnunzio3, Dania.
Can't wait to hear what you received.

Also, Dyan, we still need to hear what you received :)

Hopefully we will hear of a few arrivals.

And....there are several people that need to report back to us about what they received!! Please check in and let us know ::yes::

* Exported from MasterCook *

Apple and Dried Cranberry Pie

Recipe By :Bon Appetit, October 1993
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Pies

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, chilled -- cut 1 inch thick
8 tablespoons ice water
Filling
1 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 1/4 pounds pippin apples, peeled, quartered, cored -- thin sliced
1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg yok
1 teaspoon whipping cream

Crust: Blend flour, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter. Cut in using on/off turns until the butter is cut into 1/4" pieces. Add 7 tablespoons ice water and blend until moist clumps form, adding more water by
tablespoonfuls if dough is dry. Gather dough into ball. Divide into two pieces. Flatten pieces into disks. Wrap in plastic. Chill at least 30 minutes. Let soften at room temp before rolling out.
Filling: Position rack in bottom third of oven and preheat to 375ºF.
Combine cranberries, sugar, flour and allspice in large bowl.
Mix in apples, then brandy and vanilla extract.
Roll out 1 dough disk on floured surface to 13" round. Transfer to a 9" diameter pie dish.
Spoon in apple filling, mounding slightly in center.
Roll out second dough disk on floured surface to 13" round. Drape crust over filling. Trim overhang to 1/2". Press crust edges together; fold under. Crimp edge.
Stir yolk and cream in small bowl to blend. Brush over top(but NOT edge) of pie. Cut slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
Bake pie until apples are tender and crust is golden (about 1 hour).
Transfer to rack. Let stand 1 hour. Serve pie warm or at room temp.

Sorry to take so long to post, but we have been doing home remodeling and and it's been a disaster around here!

I finally got a clean space to open my package and love it! I got a salsa package. It has a great salsa cookbook with a jar of salsa and a cute ceramic bowl and spoon for the salsa. To make the table look pretty it also has two tapered candles shaped like carrots. The there is a package of recipe cards, just waiting to be filled in! I love everything!

As far as recipes go Cindy included:Pumpkin Cake roll (perfect for Thanksgiving):) ; Red Velvet Cake (seems easy):thumbsup2 ; Snickerdoodles and Dream bars (yum):goodvibes ; Pecan Pie (dads favorite) and Coconut-Pineapple Pie:love: ; Banana Nut Bread (my favorite):banana:

Cindy, Thank you so much!!!!:goodvibes

My package went out priority this morning! Sorry it was so late!:flower3:

Thanks for checking in, Dyan.

We still have 2 more people that need to report mailing.

Checking in again to let you know what I received from JLitfin.

Recipes were for the following:

red velvet cake
pock chops in ginger ale
taco salad
Mexicana casserole
white chocolate chip lemon cookies

She also sent

hand lotion
measuring cups/spoons
Christmas mug
apricot tea bags
small cutting board with knife
recipe cards
magnetic notepad
poinsettia kitchen towel
jar filled with little candy canes
magnetic liquid measurements equivalent chart

Thanks so much for everything:thumbsup2 Cindy

Thanks for checking in, Cindy.

Dania....we still need to hear about your exchange ;)

I had recieved my exchange from clhcpaca-Cindy. Enclosed were-
*Recipes for-
-Pumpkin roll-I just made this yesterday, and may have to make more again soon :).
-Snickerdoodles
-Dream bars
-Pecan pie
-Banana nut bread
-Coconut pineapple pie
-Red velvet cake & frosting-I didn't know that you had to use one entire bottle of red food coloring. :eek:

Thank you very much Cindy for a fun exchange :).

My DD and I :love: :love: the Pumpkin Cake Roll.
The Red Velvet Cake Recipe is from my DSIL in Georgia. When her DD was married, there was a red velvet cake as the groom's cake. :goodvibes

Cindy

Hi Everyone! I mailed my package out today! Yee Haw! I hope it gets to its destination safely, as it has a long, long way to go... I have to tell you, I almost did something very stupid. I had everything all packed in the box the way I wanted, and was about to tape it all up, when I suddenly remembered...I hadn't put the recipes in the box!!! Duh! I would've felt really foolish if I had forgotten that!

:wave: And it arrived today. You did an excellent job, Julie. I love it all!!
Very generous.
Julie sent me the cutest gingerbread man set of apron, oven mitt and pot holder. Love them.
Also cute, cute moose cookie cutter. That is one that I don't have! Can't wait to use it.
Mini cookie cutters....so cute!! 3 snowflakes, a snowman and a tree
mini light up snowman water globe....also so cute!
Yummy!! Maine blueberry jam and spoon.
And of course the recipes :teeth:
Cranberry Fluff
Eggnog Snickerdoodles
Snow Balls
Microwave peanut brittle
Coffee Squares
Crazy Chocolate Cake
Glossy Chocolate Frosting
Grapenut Custard Pudding

Thank you so much, Julie. I will pack it all up and take it to AZ with us for Christmas.

I got my package today! It was from Dania, Disney CP2002.

There was a magazine of recipes, Taste of Home Holiday recipe card collection. As I was sitting here, I was looking at the recipes, I already know I want to make a whole bunch of them, and I'm only half way thru!

And a lot of great Disney recipes, including S'mores from '50s Prime Time Cafe. I may have to share that one with a friend. She ordered them once to go, and ended up eating them before she left!

Some blank recipe cards

And an oven mitt that has a package of Fudge Brownie mix!

Thank you so much--I love it all, and I can't wait to start cooking & baking!

Sounds like another great one, Missy.
Taste of Home is my favorite magazine. I get about 5 different ones from that company.

Anyone else have any news today??

Still need to hear about those 2 mailings ::yes::

I got my other package today but I am babysitting at the moment so will post both contents when I get home.

:flower3: I got my package yesterday! It's from Missy 1961. Thank you, Missy! Here's what I got:
Recipes-Taco Soup
Manhatten Clam Chowder
Chocaroon Cake
Oreo Cheesecake
Easy Tiramisu
Dream Pie
Alfredo Made Easy
Philadelphia Classic Cheesecake
Velvet Spice Cake
Zeppoles
Toll House Crumbcake
I can't wait to try these, and the great thing is...I won't even have to go grocery shopping!!! Because Missy also sent me a bunch of the ingredients I need for some of these recipes! Like bags of coconut and chocolate chips, boxes of pudding and Dream Whip, packets of taco seasoning and ranch dressing mix, and a little bag of coffee! Wow!
And also I got the cutest pink Mickey and Minnie pot holder set and oven mitt, Disney tissues, and a Little Mermaid dish towel. Thank you so much, Missy, I love everything! You are the greatest!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter