Hallmark Movies ❤️ comfort & joy

So one of the Miracles of Christmas movie is Miracle in Bethlehem, PA. I have some issues.
Successful and fiercely independent, Mary Ann Brubeck (Vandervoort) adopts a baby girl to raise on her own just before Christmas. Due to weather, she and the baby get stuck in Bethlehem, PA for the holidays. When there is no room at the inn, her only option is to stay with the innkeeper’s brother Joe (Ayres), a quintessential bachelor who lives in a house that he treats like a barn. As Mary Ann learns the value of community by spending time with Joe’s family and participating in the local church’s Christmas events, Joe starts getting his act together with new motivation…and the two begin to see each other in a new light.

1. Oh look, another successful independent woman finds love in a quant town.
  2. It's being filled in Winnipeg.
  3. The main characters are Mary and Joe. :rolleyes:
  4. "No room at the inn". Come on, seriously? At least the adopted baby isn't a boy named Joshua...
  5. "the local church’s Christmas events," How big does Hallmark think Bethlehem is? Y'all think a city of 75,000 has one church?

Last edited:
Interesting, this is at least the second time Winnipeg was used as Bethlehem, PA. The 2019 Lifetime film Radio Christmas was set in Bethlehem but filmed in Winnipeg. I think the bigger city parts were used for Philly.

I agree Flightless Duck. I am a devout Christian. To me, the storyline of this movie almost seems.... I don't know just off...I'm in no way saying disrespectful just from the brief summary it doesn't quite sit right if that makes sense! :)

I found the calendar for the Hallmark Channel's Countdown To Christmas schedule! :santa:

(For those who don't want to see it yet, I will repost it again closer to the start of the first movies.)

It starts exactly a month from today.

To read the previews & casting of all 31 upcoming movies on the Hallmark Channel:

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/countdown-to-christmas-2023-preview/**#slide-0

So many new faces in this year's movies. I'm sad that my favorite new guy, Jake Epstein, is not in any and there are no Hannukah-themed movies. I'm not jewish but I enjoy learning about all the different traditions and he's just very likable.

So many new faces in this year's movies. I'm sad that my favorite new guy, Jake Epstein, is not in any and there are no Hannukah-themed movies. I'm not jewish but I enjoy learning about all the different traditions and he's just very likable.

There is a Hanukkah movie. It's movie number 28 on the Hallmark Channel Countdown. It's called "Round and Round," where the female lead is stuck in a "Ground Hog's Day," time loop.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/christmas/countdown-to-christmas-2023-preview/**#slide-27

The Great American Family channel has also released a list of their 20 Christmas movies coming this season. It was reported exclusively first on People.com.

https://people.com/great-american-family-2023-christmas-movies-exclusive-7970896

"PEOPLE can exclusively reveal that Great American Family will be releasing 20 new original Christmas movies in the 2023 season, up two from last year. And they'll filled with all the merriment, twinkle lights, and stars fans have come to enjoy.​
Danica McKellar, Chad Michael Murray, Candace Cameron Bure, Trevor Donovan, and Jen Lilley are among the favorites returning for the festivities, which includes round-the-clock holiday-themed entertainment and will kick off on the network on Oct. 20, The first new movie debuting on Oct. 21.
The full lineup, along with the network's descriptions:
12 Games of Christmas, starring Johnny Ramey and Felisha Cooper: A group of old friends and neighbors are transported into a Christmas-themed board game during a Christmas party.​
A Christmas Blessing, starring Lori Loughlin, James Tupper, and Jesse Hutch: A TV chef (Loughlin) is divinely inspired to take over her late aunt’s charity with help from a new friend (Hutch) and handsome business associate next door (Tupper).​
A Christmas Commission, starring Sarah Fisher and Simon Arblaster: Two rival realtors (Fisher and Arblaster) are forced to work together to sell one special house before Christmas.​
A Christmas for the Ages, starring Natasha Bure and Cheryl Ladd: Prompted by their youngest granddaughter (Bure), four generations celebrate family and what Christmas was like in the '40s, '60s, '90s, and present day.​
A Dash of Christmas, starring Broadway’s Laura Osnes and Christopher Russell: A marketing exec (Osnes) must learn a recipe to get her dream job and ends up entering a holiday bakeoff with a dream baker (Russell).​
A Model Christmas (working title), starring Ash Tsai and Joey Heyworth: While on a charity press tour, a model (Tsai) ends up stranded by the weather at the family home of the driver (Heyworth) she hired to assist her for the week.​
A Paris Christmas Waltz, starring Jen Lilley and Matthew Morrison: A novice dancer (Lilley) pairs with a professional (Morrison) to enter a renowned dance competition…in Paris! The next story in The Christmas Waltz universe, the highest-rated Christmas rom-com of 2020 (which starred Lacey Chabert and Will Kemp and aired on Hallmark Channel).​
A Royal Christmas Holiday, starring Brittany Underwood and Jonathan Stoddard: In search of her big break, a reporter (Underwood) arranges a Christmas interview with a European Prince (Stoddard) visiting the States. Will the reporter’s big story become her love story?​
A Royal Christmas Romance (working title), starring Danica McKellar and Damon Runyan: When a European Duke (Runyon) arrives in the U.S., he realizes that his bags have been lost in transit. He has no choice but to be styled, and ultimately inspired, by Bella (McKellar), the owner of a local boutique.​
Great-American-Family-holidays-091523-5-324a27fb63d3481e8ee78eb94d0e1e6d.jpg
A Time Capsule Christmas (working title), starring Jillian Murray and Daniel Lissing: A father (Lissing) bonds with his daughter and stumbles upon an unexpected romance (Murray) while tracking down the original owner of a Christmas time capsule.​
Bringing Christmas Home (working title), starring Jill Wagner and Paul Greene: A professor of military history (Wagner) teams with an antique store owner (Greene) to track down the original owner of a historic WWII uniform and the love letters left in its pockets.​
Great-American-Family-holidays-091523-2-082b850a837141b19c8803d844553b74.jpg
Christmas on Windmill Way, starring Christa Taylor Brown and Chad Michael Murray: To save her family's legacy windmill, a woman (Taylor Brown) must remind her ex-boyfriend (Michael Murray) of the best of their hometown.​
Great-American-Family-holidays-091523-4-66dbc9c9aa924e9e9b1000b2e5a7d839.jpg
Destined 2: Christmas Once More, starring Shae Robbins and Casey Elliott: In this sequel, Theo (Elliott) continues to miss connecting with his girlfriend, Kim (Robbins) as he attempts to propose at Christmas.​
Mistletoe Moments, starring Susie Abromeit and Liam McIntyre: With her career on the line, a decorator (Abromeit) must work with an unexpected partner (McIntyre) to showcase a house for an upcoming Christmas gala.​
My Christmas Hero, starring Candace Cameron Bure and Gabriel Hogan: An army reserve doctor (Bure) tracks down her family's military history with the help of a new romance (Hogan).​
Great-American-Family-holidays-091523-3-b9d9b8b18f5947d1b687bdcbd791b460.jpg
Our Christmas Wedding, starring Holly Deveaux and Drew Seeley: In the sequel, roles reverse as Nicole’s boss plans newly engaged Nicole (Deveaux) and Michael’s (Seeley) wedding in two weeks at Christmas.​
Peppermint & Postcards, starring Ella Cannon and Christopher Russell: When a Christmas letter concerning her love life goes viral, one mom discovers that romance might be right at her door.​
Santa, Maybe (working title), starring Aubrey Reynolds: Can theater director Lila (Reynolds) rise to the challenge of putting on the perfect Christmas ballet, while also discovering her office Secret Santa in the process?​
The Christmas Regift (working title), starring Erin Agostino and Marshall Williams: A city manager (Williams) recruits the help of a childhood friend (Agostino) in setting right his town's Christmas Charity event, while she sets to work setting him up with her close friend.​
‘Twas the Text Before Christmas, starring Merritt Patterson and Trevor Donovan: An unexpected text message sent to the wrong number (Patterson) sets into motion a Christmas tradition with a new family (Donovan) over three separate years."​
Great-American-Family-holidays-091523-6-2dfda4585c50415ba5d20af23dfcbb23.jpg
(All photos: Great American Media & People.com.)​

I was wondering and did do a search and found a list of movies, but no dates.

I re-did a search and found a few movies listed. 🥰 If you found more of a list DO post the link, please. ☺️

Some LIFETIME Christmas Movies 2023:
(No dates yet, and not a full list.)

Where there are colored Links, Click on them for details of each movie and a YouTube preview.

Merry Liddle Christmas Vacation

Royally Yours, This Christmas

Christmas at the Chalet

The Holiday Proposal Plan

Creating Christmas

Gingersnap Christmas

The Holiday Exchange

While searching for Lifetime's upcoming Christmas movies I found 4 interesting Lifetime mystery movies from their "Ripped From The Headlines" themed movies airing in Sept - October. I usually don't watch these, but because the casting, (various Hallmark stars and an A-List star,) these may be better written and acted than their usual movies.

This first movie is On Demand now on Spectrum Cable (and maybe other services?)

Sarah Drew (of Grey’s Anatomy‘s & some Hallmark and Lifetime movies) stars in How She Caught a Killer. Inspired by a true story, rookie detective Linda Murphy (Sarah Drew) is fresh out of the police academy when she hears her boss, detective David Goodman talking about a serial killer in the area who seems to be targeting sex workers. Teaming up with FBI agent Neil Carter, Linda fights to go undercover to help solve the murders and, if all goes accordingly, capture a serial killer.

This second movie premieres tomorrow, Sept 23rd.
Stolen Baby: The Murder of Heidi Broussard stars Emily Osment.

It is based on a true story of best friends Magen (Emily Osment) and Heidi (The Expanse‘s Anna Hopkins) who have known each other for a decade. Pretending to be pregnant at the same time as her friend, Magen makes the journey from Houston to Austin to be by Heidi’s side once she learns she is ready to give birth. However, when Heidi goes missing with her newborn daughter just a few weeks after giving birth, suspicions about Magen’s loyalty and her true intentions are questioned. Authorities begin to suspect that she is hiding a huge secret as they begin to uncover her twisted and elaborate plan.

I couldn't find a Lifetime movie preview but here are details from the real case:

This third mystery movie, Amish Stud: The Eli Weaver Story, premieres 2 Saturdays from now, Sept 30 on Lifetime.

Luke Macfarlane executive produces and stars in Amish Stud: The Eli Weaver Story, starring alongside Kirsten Vangsness (Criminal Minds) and Miranda MacDougall. The new original true-crime movie revisits the story of a man who called himself “Amish Stud” online and plotted with his mistress to murder his wife, to the horror of his conservative Amish community. Amish Stud is based on the book, “A Killing in Amish Country: Sex, Betrayal and a Cold-Blooded Murder” by bestselling authors Gregg Olsen and Rebecca Morris.

Movie 4:
For LIFETIME’S 500TH ORIGINAL MOVIE celebration they pulled in an A-Lister. Lifetime will hold a two-night event for Murdaugh Murders: The Movie, led by Bill Pullman playing Alex Murdaugh, the powerful South Carolina lawyer.

Part 1 Premiere Date: Saturday, Oct. 14 at 8/7c
Part 2 Premiere Date: Sunday, Oct. 15 at 8/7c

(This movie should not be confused with Netflix's docuseries on the Murdaugh murders.)

I re-did a search and found a few movies listed. 🥰 If you found more of a list DO post the link, please. ☺️

Some LIFETIME Christmas Movies 2023:
(No dates yet, and not a full list.)

Where there are colored Links, Click on them for details of each movie and a YouTube preview.

Merry Liddle Christmas Vacation

Royally Yours, This Christmas

Christmas at the Chalet

The Holiday Proposal Plan

Creating Christmas

Gingersnap Christmas

The Holiday Exchange
That's the list I found, also.

That's the list I found, also.

We'll take it. 🥰 Last year, many of us were saying, "Nope, I'm waiting until Halloween is over." :snooty: Yet, this year, I think we are all so hungry for any new tidbits we can get, as there is so little new TV content out, due to the 2 strikes. popcorn::

Reminder for tonight, Friday or Sunday:

(Yay! I remembered HM&M is premiering movies on Fridays.)

Hallmark Movies & Mysteries has a new mystery series starring Tamera Mowry-Housley. Tonight is episode 1.

Haunted Harmony Mysteries: Murder in G Major is on at 9pm ET on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries.

Re-airs: Sun 9/24 at 7pm ET
Fri 9/29 at 11pm ET
Sun 10/5 at 5pm ET

Starring: Tamera Mowry-Housley, Risteard Cooper and Marco Grazzini.
Description: A new teacher at an Irish prep school is shocked to find a ghost haunting her house. She decides to help solve his murder in the hopes that it will allow him to move on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter